Will this be Spartans year?

The Crafty Dafty

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Was always good crack on here. Shame if he got barred. Tam will miss him most. He was always ripping it out him. Grim took it well tho. Bring back grim i say.

Yer like me bud but there s a few more forums and wind ups on here that I think unfortunately according to the forum polis went too far :shutup

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Spartans game yesterday and I must say I had a fantastic time. Cheap pie and bovril, you can have a pint and the cafeteria bit is nice. Good set up. Had some good banter with the folks who worked there.

The game itself was really good, the amount of times Spartans hit the woodwork was ridiculous, it would have been the best 0-0 I've seen until Spartans scored that dramatic late winner. Think it was number 7 who scored, he deserved that as he had a great game and was always a threat.

As a Saints fan, seeing the Gretna players littered across the pitch on their knees in despair at the winner was a joy to behold. Get that up you Gretna.

Think I'll be going back to Ainslie Park next time I'm in Edinburgh. Fine day out.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I was at the Spartans game yesterday and I must say I had a fantastic time. Cheap pie and bovril, you can have a pint and the cafeteria bit is nice. Good set up. Had some good banter with the folks who worked there.

The game itself was really good, the amount of times Spartans hit the woodwork was ridiculous, it would have been the best 0-0 I've seen until Spartans scored that dramatic late winner. Think it was number 7 who scored, he deserved that as he had a great game and was always a threat.

As a Saints fan, seeing the Gretna players littered across the pitch on their knees in despair at the winner was a joy to behold. Get that up you Gretna.

Think I'll be going back to Ainslie Park next time I'm in Edinburgh. Fine day out.

Quite like going to Ainslie Park myself as a neutral when Cowden don't have a game. The upstairs cafe bar is good pre game and at half time although as a warning you don't get in there for Edinburgh City games if your ever at one as they use it for hospitality and directors.

Think i'll be over on Friday for their Scottish Cup tie with Vale of Leithen. 

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite like going to Ainslie Park myself as a neutral when Cowden don't have a game. The upstairs cafe bar is good pre game and at half time although as a warning you don't get in there for Edinburgh City games if your ever at one as they use it for hospitality and directors.

Think i'll be over on Friday for their Scottish Cup tie with Vale of Leithen. 

Might see you there Cowden although might go and watch our U20s at Peffermill instead. 

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

Might see you there Cowden although might go and watch our U20s at Peffermill instead. 

Bit off topic but I was going to to your 20s game at Kelty on Friday then remembered the Bournemouth game was live on the telly:lol:

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Bit off topic but I was going to to your 20s game at Kelty on Friday then remembered the Bournemouth game was live on the telly:lol:

:lol: can't believe you bumped us. Ran out 6-0 winners but first 65 minutes was pretty tight. Was there with the Mantis although he went on the team bus just for the tunes ... 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: can't believe you bumped us. Ran out 6-0 winners but first 65 minutes was pretty tight. Was there with the Mantis although he went on the team bus just for the tunes ... 

Before Andrew Surman equalised I was thinking "I should have went to Kelty":lol: I was wanting to see Shippy as they had a good start to their 20s campaign. Isn't Mantis a bit auld for young boys tunes:lol:

56 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Before Andrew Surman equalised I was thinking "I should have went to Kelty":lol: I was wanting to see Shippy as they had a good start to their 20s campaign. Isn't Mantis a bit auld for young boys tunes:lol:

They've got the makings of decent side there hope they can keep it together. 

I thought he was a bit too Cowden but he was humming away the whole game ... 

30 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

They've got the makings of decent side there hope they can keep it together. 

I thought he was a bit too Cowden but he humming away the whole game ... 

Lugs are still sair. These laddies actually had a ghetto blaster on the bus with them. Lucky I managed to cadge a lift home with Gusher Ramsay and his missus who nevertheless  insisted on playing Depeche Mode. Feckin youngsters.

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

You are getting a bit confused. 

Gretna FC 2008 were playing yesterday. 

So get that up you .

And try to grow up a bit .

On 17/09/2017 at 22:56, sureiknow said:

You are getting a bit confused. 

Gretna FC 2008 were playing yesterday. 

So get that up you .

And try to grow up a bit .

It's fair to say he's not the sharpest tool in the box. 

Archived