Whitehill welfare

magoo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully OK James but it could be touch and go.

Sure, Kilby not happy but I believe WW approached 2 other clubs in addition to their first choice Preston, to play under lights, and none were available.

In a similar situation WW had to get themselves down to Dalbeattie midweek a couple of weeks ago, no complaints there.

Relating to the Dalbeattie match on 14 March, the similar situation would been,  having gone to the cost and bother of installing floodlights, the home team didn't bother switching them on  resulting in a 6.15 ko. Wild guess, that did not happen so not the same thing at all. Also before the clocks moved forward, so ko would have had to be 5.15. How about all teams having floodlights, just a thought.

5 minutes ago, ekok said:

Relating to the Dalbeattie match on 14 March, the similar situation would been,  having gone to the cost and bother of installing floodlights, the home team didn't bother switching them on  resulting in a 6.15 ko. Wild guess, that did not happen so not the same thing at all. Also before the clocks moved forward, so ko would have had to be 5.15. How about all teams having floodlights, just a thought.

Will we just send you the invoice? 5.15 Kick off eh we would have needed to leave at midday. 

7 minutes ago, ekok said:

Imagine having to leave at a ridiculously early time to make such an early ko.

Imagine. Quite a few couldn’t make it with work. If only it had been just along the M8.  

45 minutes ago, ekok said:

Having a problem finding the logic amongst all the sarcasm, sorry :lol:

Its not ideal with players trying to get away from there work for kick off but shit happens. Got to get on with it. Big squad so should be able to put a strong side out regardless. Alot of traveling in this league so most teams will have had shit fixtures or kick off times that didnt suit at some stage. Just get on with it.

1 hour ago, Jamesw said:

Whitehill went to dalbeattie on a wed nite and left at 3:30. spartans will do the same. sure gretna went somewhere midweek like stirling?

4 hours ago, ekok said:

Yes one of the players, probably another one or two at least had to leave work early get to Dalbeattie play the game get back to Midlothian after midnight then start work again at 5 in the morning. At least wi the earlier 1815 kick off EK can be back across the M8  before the 9 o clock tv watershed! There were no complaints from the Shire at the start of the season wi a similar  kick off problem at Rosewell.  I wish someone could wave that magic wand and get the lights the club deserves.  ye won a trophy on Saturday wi a multitude of players not managing to even be benched. I'm sure yous will manage. Certainly not ideal but as John mc says get on wi it! 

Can u imagine how much fken moaning East Kilbride will do when things really are poor....as much as all historian's will know the rivalry between us and spartans I'm beginning to think East Kilbride finishing 2nd would fill me with much joy

Can u imagine how much fken moaning East Kilbride will do when things really are poor....as much as all historian's will know the rivalry between us and spartans I'm beginning to think East Kilbride finishing 2nd would fill me with much joy

I like most welfare fans on here. You on the other hand are a fanny.

4 minutes ago, Kilbyfan said:

Any update re the pitch being ok for tonight? It’s snowing in ek as we speak....(as usual!)

Will be an update for EK about 10 ish and then on social media just after. 

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Whitehill due to have a hectic schedule coming up with all the postponments and the LLC. Will Ferguson park recover in time for all these games to be played?

It has taken a battering again shire. 36 hours of rain / sleet and snow and then under 4/5 inches of snow yesterday that froze. 

Need some dry weather to let it drain. The pitch itself isn’t in bad nick but need a dry spell with home games next Wed and Sat. 

It has taken a battering again shire. 36 hours of rain / sleet and snow and then under 4/5 inches of snow yesterday that froze. 
Need some dry weather to let it drain. The pitch itself isn’t in bad nick but need a dry spell with home games next Wed and Sat. 
Good to hear the pitch is okay! Hopefully it doesn't get too cut up over these games!

Archived