Worst pub in Scotland

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Turnstiles Bar, London Rd Glasgow.

Only opens on matchdays, doesn't serve draught beer,

"Pint of Tennents?"

"Just boatles mate".

turn.JPG

Nah doesn't count in the isolated threat of violence stakes.

Oceana Ferry Road was selling Stella at £2.80 a pint when I was in 1-2 years ago.  Not a great place, but pretty much what you'd expect for prices like that.

Not been in that new Jock's Lodge, obviously a grentrified place inside but they managed to make it look even worse from the outside than it was before.  Tried to go for a stripped down rustic look and never pulled it off.  New Port o Leith has done that now it's reopened and is pretty decent imo.

The New Monaco Bar just up from Glasgow Green - f**k knows what the Old Monaco Bar was like, but this one is one of those boozers that was left as a wee stub when they knocked down the tenement above it.

Only was in there once after we'd been for a works do at the old Inn on the Green and were pubcrawling back into town, and that was enough...classic Slaughtered Lamb from American Werewolf in London vibe, with every conversation in the pub stopping when we walked in and every eye on the place on us for the duration of the one pint we stayed for.

Honourable shoutout to the Brothers in Possil which was mentioned earlier - imagine closing time in the most mental pub you've ever been in.

The Brothers is like that mid-afternoon.

newmonacobar2-oct04.jpg

20p7rqc.jpg

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Pint of Tennents?"

"Just boatles mate".

I had a similar experience in the Dugout Bar at Shawfield a few months back.

29 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Last time I popped into Dows next to Queen Street, it had buckets half filled with pish under the leaky urinals.

It had obviously gone upmarket.

It does sound a bit classier than when I was last in. Makes me miss The Vale even more.

The Newtown Bar in Bo'ness is a fair shout, though there are a few more contenders there, especially the Crown Inn, the Turf Tavern and the Learig (if they're still open). The only decent boozer in Bo'ness is the Richmond Hotel, IMO.

As far as Edinburgh is concerned, The Marksman is a bit of a dive, as is the Duke's Head a few doors down. Central Bar has a bit of a reputation, but I didn't have any trouble last time I was in there. One pub I will probably never venture into in Edinburgh is The Ferry Boat, as it looks pretty dodgy from the outside, and is apparently even worse on the inside.

The less said of Port Glasgow's pubs, the better.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Is that another nickname?

No.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Its a pub in Stirling, im surmising after getting the utter pish ripped out of him last month this is his discrete way of suggesting Tony exists.

*Cue umpteen Simpsons gifs

#tonylives

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I have never even been to Stirling.

In terms of places to go for a night out, I'd probably keep it that way. However, it is good for a bite to eat/meal, a couple of beers, then jump on the train to Glasgow. Or if your just on a day trip, Stirling Castle & Wallace Monument are really good.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Pint of Tennents?"

"Just boatles mate".

turn.JPG

At least they had beer. Can't remember the name of the pub but it was in Glasgow around the Byres Rd area, on a Friday night - I fought my way to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness. Ye goat a gless, pal? asked the barman. Don't you provide them?  asked I. Aye, but I've nane left - ye'll hae tae get an empty one aff a table - I'll wash it oot and gie ye a pint. I turned round and grabbed an empty one from a table behind me, only for it to be snatched back out my hand with a gruff "that's ma gless, pal. I repeated this procedure 2 or 3 times only to be told the same thing in no uncertain terms by other punters.

I eventually gave up, moved on, and found a place that provided glasses for the consumption of beer.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

No.

#tonylives

In terms of places to go for a night out, I'd probably keep it that way. However, it is good for a bite to eat/meal, a couple of beers, then jump on the train to Glasgow. Or if your just on a day trip, Stirling Castle & Wallace Monument are really good.

Apart from the Indian next to the old cinema I cant think of a decent place in Stirling to eat, just clogged up with chain pubs, brewers fare type places and a couple of truly howling buffets, the chinese one in Friar St and the world buffet in Dumbarton Rd are as grim as anywhere I have ever fucking eaten.

13 minutes ago, Lordofthewing said:

The Newtown Bar in Bo'ness is a fair shout, though there are a few more contenders there, especially the Crown Inn, the Turf Tavern and the Learig (if they're still open). The only decent boozer in Bo'ness is the Richmond Hotel, IMO.

Newtown Bar closed down a while back and sat there, an empty, crumbling eyesore for months. It's currently surrounded by fencing and builders cabins and if local gossip is to be believed, someone has bought it off the brewery and is being turned into a bakers and a pizza takeaway.

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Think the Goth in Gorebridge was worse than either of the two mentioned. That's been shit for 2 years now though, currently an Italian takeaway.

I was in the Miners Club a few months ago - the video on page 1 of this thread reminded me of the Miners Club - there were no dwarves, though, sadly.

My brother and his mate went for an afternoon pint in The Calderwood a while back, and were half way through their pint when a beer glass was launched at them from the other end of the bar - purely because they weren't 'local' - not a single c**t in the pub, including the staff, batted an eyelid. :lol:

Edited by paranoid android

I was in the Miners Club a few months ago - the video on page 1 of this thread reminded me of the Miners Club - there were no dwarves, though, sadly.

The miners club is actually my local :lol: I spend far too much time there so no doubt I would have been in at the same time as you.