Worst pub in Scotland

Aye if the history of Scotland was completely different some things would be different. No doubt about that. 
However the two biggest clubs would still have fans all over the country just like England, Spain and Italy. 

Recall going to an FA Cup 3rd Round tie at Old Trafford in the early 80’s Man Utd Vs West Ham, and was truly amazed at the number of ‘home’ supporters buses parked up near the ground from all four corners of England; London, Somerset, Northumbria and Carlisle. United didn’t have a ‘great’ side back then and hadn’t won a League title since 67.

21 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Something I've often pondered...and maybe even deserves it own thread...but what would Scottish Football look like without the Sectarian element?

You would always get glory hunters - people who would no doubt latch onto Rangers and Celtic from outside of Glasgow.  But all those provincial towns scattered beyond the G postcode - where lets face it a lot of the support is driven by what religion you are - if this wasn't there then it would be interesting to see the change in support levels.  

I live in Leicester now, a one city team.   So pretty much everyone who is local, into football supports Leicester City.  Of course you have people who support other teams but in general there seems to be a lot of people who are proud of their team/city and wouldn't go elsewhere even had the chance.  Leicester is probably a bad example as they still have an element of glory hunters from the League winning days and they've continued having some level of success since then(FA Cup, European campaigns).  

I did move down there when they were in league One and although the stadium wasn't empty, it was easier to get a ticket.

I'm probably not putting my point across well here and will no doubt get shot down - but I guess what I'm trying to say if you took the Sectarianism away, and therefore all the bigotry and  divide - how would Scottish football look...?

Boring maybe....

Glasgow is a provincial town m9.