Worst pub in Scotland

11 hours ago, Darren said:

A pretentious hole but the Regent is worse.

I was mwi in there with some work colleagues once and ordered someone a vodka/cranberry. There was an absolute unit of a woman behind the bar who ingotmrd me the only fruit juice they had was orange juice or tomato juice. I replied gallus AF "what's tamata wae you". My life flashed before my eyes with the glare I got. 

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I was mwi in there with some work colleagues once and ordered someone a vodka/cranberry. There was an absolute unit of a woman behind the bar who ingotmrd me the only fruit juice they had was orange juice or tomato juice. I replied gallus AF "what's tamata wae you". My life flashed before my eyes with the glare I got. 

Did this happen five minutes ago?

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Image result for central bar cookstownImage result for central bar cookstown

Not in Scotland, and I must admit I've never been in it, but it doesn't look too inviting.

image.jpeg

think the biggest risk is the building collapsing

johhnny foxes in inverness-soulless hellhole frequented by those who see themselves as "the great and the good" of inverness.shitest pub in a town full of them

On 25/04/2019 at 22:19, Angusfifer said:

Wee Jimmy's is a great pub in Cowdenbeath. The Goth is/ was worth a visit for other reasons. Like many pubs it was cheap as chips. I liked it. I often wonder where my grandfather used to drink when he stayed in Sligo Street in Lumphinnans back in the day. Legend has it that he gave up the demon brew after he came face to face with auld Nick at the bottom of the stairwell stotting home from the pub one night and was teetotal from that day on...

big fan of the goth aka diamonds

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I was in that pub about 3 weekends ago with a guy I work with who has just moved to Springburn. The Celtic supporters bus had just appeared back from the game and they were all standing at the door of the pub taking lines of coke off their phones. 

For blatant drug taking, The Bay Horse in Dundee wins that title.  That was briefly my local for the year or so I lived in Dundee.  I'd often nip in for a couple of afternoon  pints and the same group of boys would be in there most nights after work.  Blasting off keys, phones etc where they were sitting.  They'd have been as well just chopping the lines up on the table right in front of them and making a proper go of it. This was going back almost 10 years, but I doubt much has changed.

I can exclusively reveal that both Gilmour's and the Crown in Stenhousemuir have shut their orangey doors for good. Which is a shame as I used to enjoy wandering in pre and post match to attempt to engage the customers in lower Scottish fitba league conversation...

On 4/26/2019 at 23:31, Hampden Diehard said:
On 4/26/2019 at 12:39, Marshmallo said:
There are worse pubs than the Tollbooth within 200 yards.

My first visit to the Tolbooth...just walked in the door and a stool flew in front of my face and crashed into the gantry. About turn.

Bonus points for Celtic fans knocking lumps out of each other on old firm day, win, lose or draw. Infact, Saltmarket in general has significant previous for that. Even after a Scotland game once, on the way back from Hampden, my mates and I ventured into one of Saltmarket's finest establishments to witness a punch-up that started out of absolutely nothing. Very, Still Game - the cry of "shut it ya dick" screamed out before the fists started flying.

A pal of mine stays in the same block as O'Kanes ( different name now, can't remember it) in Dalmuir and walked along the road to go in for a quick pint. Guy jumps out a car about 10 yards further on and goes into the pub... carrying a shotgun!! About turn and back to the house.

The Sarry Heed across from the Barras is alright and I often went in before gigs. However, the bogs were brutal - the "urinal" was just a tiled wall and the piss went everywhere. It got refurbished and so younger drinkers won't experience that aspect of old Glasgow. Only thing that came close was the outside bogs at the terracing at Firhill many moons ago.

On 26/04/2019 at 12:39, Marshmallo said:

There are worse pubs than the Tollbooth within 200 yards.

Tollbooth Bar attracts some 'larger than life' characters it has to be said but the pub it's self isn't too bad.

The Lamp Post Bar just down the road looks like a real shit hole but never been in.

I've never been in The Empire Bar either probably because of the horrible crooning out the place.

The Tolbooth is nowhere near the worst pub in Scotland. Decent ranger of beers at decent enough prices.

I did though once nip in from work just in time to see Kenny Miller score for Scotland and I stood up and  let out a 'Yeeeeeeesssssssssss'.

The only person in the pub to do so.