Worst pub in Scotland

Don’t know if it still exists but the Travellers Rest in Paisley was a sight to see, and I would say I’ve seen my fair share of shitehole pubs. 

My pal sat his pint on the edge of the pool table (I know it’s a daft thing to do) for literally 10 seconds and an argument broke out with one of the locals who lost the head at him doing that. About 15 minutes later we had a gang of teenage neds up to try and get us, one with a machete. As we were trying to get back into the pub for safety the regulars along with the bouncer were pushing us back out. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Love a so-called rough pub.

Methil v Dundee

Quarter-finals:

Tower Bar v Caws

The Brig Tavern v Polepark Bar

Purple Cat v Kelly's

Kirkland Bar v The Kettledrum

Caws isn't the worst in town. 

Kelly's isn't the worst in Lochee. 

Kettledrum isn't the worst in Charleston.

Christ knows how they've made it to the quarters in this competition. 

The Tollbooth at the Gallowgate, Glasgow.

Was going to a gig with a mate and we were meeting a mutual acquaintance before the concert. Meeting place of choice was this shitehole.

Place was pretty empty despite it being a Friday (around 6:30) so there was plenty of available seating. Didnt stop the utter scumbag who was at the bar pissing himself where he sat because he didnt want to give up his seat. Judging by the stink and the stains on his joggies, he'd broken his beer seal several pints ago and was on at least piss number 3.

Lasted 20 minutes before admitting that standing outside of the Barras was the marginally more attractive option.

21 hours ago, mathematics said:

The Wellington in Kilmarnock. Basically a cupboard with a tennants tap.

Only ever been in once and that was purely because I was told it was a shitehole and potentially a bit dodgy.

Had a great night to be fair.

I don't know the answer to the question implied in the thread title but I was in an interesting tavern in Cowdenbeath before a game recently.

Anyone remember in the 1970s, the Sunday Mail used to do Pub Spy? The Welcome Inn (irony or what?) in Coatbridge was reviewed appropriately. (Long gone.)

58 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I don't know the answer to the question implied in the thread title but I was in an interesting tavern in Cowdenbeath before a game recently.

Anyone remember in the 1970s, the Sunday Mail used to do Pub Spy? The Welcome Inn (irony or what?) in Coatbridge was reviewed appropriately. (Long gone.)

Wee Jimmy's is a great pub in Cowdenbeath. The Goth is/ was worth a visit for other reasons. Like many pubs it was cheap as chips. I liked it. I often wonder where my grandfather used to drink when he stayed in Sligo Street in Lumphinnans back in the day. Legend has it that he gave up the demon brew after he came face to face with auld Nick at the bottom of the stairwell stotting home from the pub one night and was teetotal from that day on...

9 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Wee Jimmy's is a great pub in Cowdenbeath. The Goth is/ was worth a visit for other reasons. Like many pubs it was cheap as chips. I liked it. I often wonder where my grandfather used to drink when he stayed in Sligo Street in Lumphinnans back in the day. Legend has it that he gave up the demon brew after he came face to face with auld Nick at the bottom of the stairwell stotting home from the pub one night and was teetotal from that day on...

Is this one of these streets of mining cottages that no longer exist like those in Glencraig and Lassodie?

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

I would have thought that the prospect of eternity in the fiery pits of Hell was probably better than living in Lumphinnans.

5cc2406ea6bd9_auldnick.jpg.f1be9603566edde905fbe394d280bf33.jpg 

Hmm.. slight resemblance to Cowden Chairman Donald Finlay there.. 

17 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The Tollbooth at the Gallowgate, Glasgow.

Was going to a gig with a mate and we were meeting a mutual acquaintance before the concert. Meeting place of choice was this shitehole.

Place was pretty empty despite it being a Friday (around 6:30) so there was plenty of available seating. Didnt stop the utter scumbag who was at the bar pissing himself where he sat because he didnt want to give up his seat. Judging by the stink and the stains on his joggies, he'd broken his beer seal several pints ago and was on at least piss number 3.

Lasted 20 minutes before admitting that standing outside of the Barras was the marginally more attractive option.

There are worse pubs than the Tollbooth within 200 yards.