Wimbledon and the grass court tennis season

lichtie23

The first time Tommy Haas and Federer played was in the semi final of the Olympics in Australia!  Haas beat Federer on grass the last year Federer won Wimbledon.  Off court Tommy and Roger are pretty good friends.  After a two year injury hiatus where it would have been so easy to retire, pretty glad Haas had won last great victory.  No reason to think he can't win it now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuesday I think.  Well they aren't in tomorrow's schedule of play, so I would imagine it will be Monday Tuesday for the first round.

Denis Shapovalov beat Liam Broady in straight sets to move into the first round.  He has been drawn against Kyle Edmund.  Hopefully the umpire wears a face mask :lol:

Tuesday I think.  Well they aren't in tomorrow's schedule of play, so I would imagine it will be Monday Tuesday for the first round.
Denis Shapovalov beat Liam Broady in straight sets to move into the first round.  He has been drawn against Kyle Edmund.  Hopefully the umpire wears a face mask :lol:

I see there is a Brit playing by the name of Norrie. What do you know about him?

Very little I know he came through the NCAA college system in the US.  This will be his first ATP tournament.  That's it, and that's only because I read it on the Queens site :lol:

Djokovic has accepted a wild card into Eastbourne the week immediately before Wimbledon.  As Nadal has pulled out of Queens one win there will secure second seed for Wimbledon.

Lucas Pouille won his first ever grass court title today.  Gilles Muller who hadn't won an ATP title until this year wins his second title of the year.  Donna Vekic beat Johanna Konta after being a set down today, and Murray and Soares won their second doubles title of the year.

I quite fancy Wawrinka to get beaten by Lopez on grass.

I would imagine it will be a 1pm start with a couple of hours for each one.  Should be done by 6pm maximum I would have thought.  Rain could scupper that.

Archived