St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:

From the club's Twitter.

COLIN McLEAN

We wish to share our deepest sympathy with the family of Colin McLean who passed away this morning

Colin was well respected in Junior football and had been on our committee for many years

Colin will be missed by us all

RIP

Sad to hear of Colin's passing  he ran the football team I played for when I was young. 

2 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

From the club's Twitter.

COLIN McLEAN

We wish to share our deepest sympathy with the family of Colin McLean who passed away this morning

Colin was well respected in Junior football and had been on our committee for many years

RIP

Deepest sympathy to Colin's family and his many friends.

I first met Colin over 40 years ago when he was a BB officer. He was involved for many years with a local team in Barmulloch called Glasgow North FC who had premises at the back of All Saints Church beside the Broomfield Tavern. He also mentioned another connection to a team called Provanmill Thistle. His connection with St Roch's FC started about 20 years back when he answered an advert in the Evening Times, when the Candy were looking for a secretary. Now i may add although Colin was a St Roch's man through and through he started out coming from a Petershill family. He told me of childhood memories of going to watch the Peasy with his grandfather!!! 

I only got to know Colin on a personal level in the last couple of years. Colin was a mild mannered gentleman. He'll be sadly missed by everyone at the Candy.

2 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

From the club's Twitter.

COLIN McLEAN

RIP

Very sad to hear of Colin's passing, spoke to him at the Sectional tie in August and I knew that he wasn't a well man again, but that doesn't lessen the impact of the news. He was a good friend and drinking buddy of mine year's ago, and we even went on a group holiday to Benidorm with a bunch of friends, which was as far removed from Colin's usual holiday as you could get. One example was a trip he took to India, not to any of the "normal" major cities or tourist spots, but to the Punjab, where he quickly learned that you only used your right hand for eating. We used to rib him as he would try and book his trips in the cheapest way possible. That particular Punjab trip involved multiple flights, including London to Moscow, and Moscow to Delhi using Aeroflot. The trip all went fine until his luggage went missing somewhere between two terminals in Heathrow on the way back, never to be seen again!

He used to drink in the old Peasy club from time to time, and reffed many a friendly and charity match for us, and ran the line in the Peasy Park golden  jubilee match in 1985, RIP Colin, condolences to the family, friends and everyone at the Candy.

Archived