St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as we head into the international break we can review first part of the season
For me it's been a wee bit up and down big defeats at camby Wishaw and home to Petershill but when you look at the bigger picture then it's actually been a very good start
Qualified out the league cup section for the 1st time since David Attenborough was a boy and played 6 league games and won 5
So considering its a new team still to completely gel then I think we should be very happy and excited for the season ahead .

9 hours ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Idea hit on before about 100 people paying £200. You could try to get 100 people to buy a ST valid for ten years for £200. 

Then if you do that you can't use the season ticket money for the things you would use it for each season

What this needs if serious, is a larger scale version of what Chris an Mark done for the kits.
A working committee whose whole purpose is to raise funds....

As yer man above has stated, you can’t take working capital from the club, it needs to be new funds...on the same idea, these fund raised needs to be taken away from the club...as not to be used for other things (which happens when looking short term).

The committee would look to grants, fundraisers, begging letters...all with the sole intention of raising the set amount to get the job done.

46 minutes ago, The chassis said:

Then if you do that you can't use the season ticket money for the things you would use it for each season

I was going to say something on that. So, you lose the 100 STs but you go on a drive the next Summer on social media and try to get more fan and sell another 100 STs to newcomers. Defo think the Candy could bring in even more punters. 

50 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

I was going to say something on that. So, you lose the 100 STs but you go on a drive the next Summer on social media and try to get more fan and sell another 100 STs to newcomers. Defo think the Candy could bring in even more punters. 

Your earlier post had 100 people pay £200 for season ticket for 10 years. Would seem to be very low value to St Rocks at these prices, even on a short term basis, and then for the way forward, a huge income shortfall for the way forward.

Then you look for another new set of supporters to buy season tickets for next year? Would be interested to know how many season ticket holders St Rocks have as with that number, you must have a good fan base? And would all those fans keep on coming back if you do get these 100 on board next year?

13 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Celtic never gonna help us m8
f**k they don't even send down a bag of baws

They must be worried about the competition. Get a couple of others, a senior club and an east team. A four team season opener.

I thought the ground was looking good at the Shotts game. I wouldn't go overboard getting something more than you need. Look at a second hand one. A named sponsor (I suppose you've tried the car auction). Think about Mental Health, drug charities, they've got a budget and put money into the seniors. Credit Union, for a cheap loan, offset by sponsorship. Give them tickets for members.

If none of that works, redirect the flag budget!

I think scott has sort of hit the nail on the head regarding funding for a new terrace cover
The fans themselves ain't gonna be able to raise the kind of money needed so a working committee to raise funds from big business and charities would be the best option with maybe supporters and others supplimenting that with a go fund campaign.
I had asked about 5 year season tickets before as fcum do something similar but was told it would actually harm the club as after year one very little money would then be coming into the club .

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

supplimenting that with a go fund campaign.

I think a go fund campaign would have good potential. St Roch's can tap into the green pound and there are hundreds of thousands of Celtic fans easily reachable on the internet. Vast majority of fans won't even know about James McGrory and the Candy so that is an good hook to grab interest. 

It is always great to see football bring people together in times of worry, troubles or need. It was a great turnout yesterday and I saw lots of hugs and handshakes and smiles between people who haven’t seen each other for a while. A great cause too and another example of the club doing something rather than waking by on the other side of the road. A club who stands for nothing will fall for anything. This Roch won’t fall. Well done to all concerned.

MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived