St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

I think a few of us were suckered into harry corners ridiculous post, we know who and what we are, an honest, fair, passionate and hard working club, and we take our football and social responsibility seriously.

I apologise if you think i was having a dig SKB.

I have listened and heard from fellow fans and junior neutral friends who told me this. I just asked if there was anything to go by it.

Am sure after reading all these posts the rochs are a decent and fair team

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I apologise if you think i was having a dig SKB.I have listened and heard from fellow fans and junior neutral friends who told me this. I just asked if there was anything to go by it.
Am sure after reading all these posts the rochs are a decent and fair team

Why not come along One Saturday and see for yourself ??? You’ll be made more than welcome [emoji106]

1-1 v Neilston yesterday although maybe 8-3 wouldn't have been a shock. If i take anything out of it then the Candy can certainly make plenty of chances. Suppose it kinda helps if you convert them into goals, shout out to the Neilston goalie at this point, credit due.

Weather permitting and that's a big ask the Candy bus ploughs on through Febuary although i've noticed East Kilbride Thistle have moved the match to K Park 4G so hopefully no snow storms this week in the East Kilbride Alps. Feel really sorry for EKT, one competitive match at home since the middle of September. Sore one.

I met the StMirren PA announcer at the pie stall window before the game as I took my customary and familiar pre match coffee with my Auld man. He and I had been at the game at Dunfermline on Friday night and as football familiarity allows you to transition between the levels, we left the championship chasing Buddies clear at the top of their league and we set our targets on 3 points for our grass root heroes, his passions were for Neilston (they’re just a wee team near Paisley!) and we wished each other well. A familiar face in the away ranks. He drank his coffee and ate his pie then set off like Capt Scott for the far terrace behind their dug out. I never saw him again....

There is something refreshingly familiar when you stand on a wind and rain swept terrace in the frozen cold, either as an away fan or as one man lamenting the loss of the best player in the league, another granting him the opportunity to express it gladly whilst another kills the deal by adding “I understand your argument but you are wrong”. The proverbial three men and their dug in views and opinions and sharing it all as 22 good and true and a youthful ref battled each other and the elements and turned in what proved to be for each team, a fairly good performance. If familiarity breeds contempt then I contest it can also breed security and belonging. It was good to be back and at half time with Kieran Daw cancelling out a great goal by the follicly and altitudinally challenged Neilston number 9 (decent player I thought) we watched the team trudge off for half time shelter and warming drinks and as the water fell down from the heavens, the Candyman played Waterfall by the Stone Roses, Ian Brown chanted that it Was So Good To Have Equalised and it was.. with the wind at our backs in the second half surely we would be Banging the Drums come full time. For the Candy, a gallery of missed chances will hang heavy as if Made of Stone in the memory and for some they may cloud what was to my eyes a decent performance. True, we missed a hat full and one from right under the bar on the line somehow got spooned over the top as if to just cement the fact to the weatherbeaten and droont dreary souls still braving the terraces. Me myself and I headed then to the shed behind the goal which was packed with green and white and red and white mixing and huddled a bit like coos, milling around and a look of cold resignation on everyone’s face, only punctuated by a torrent of light hearted abuse to the Neilston keeper who was fantastic and earned his luck to keep his goal intact in the second half. We made a load of chances and a combination of bad bobbles (I saw them) and sloppy lazy technique and bud luck and some good saves and some great saves and just basic pish finishing meant when the quiffed ref blew his final wet warbled whistle, the points were shared and Neilston got a point that often arrives when you defend like hell, battle, never chuck it and carry a huge slice of luck. Well done to them, I wasn’t too disappointed. There are people who criticise players but I say Don’t Waste Your Words. I understand their passion and the hope for the Resurrection of promotion form...

I have been busy work wise and with postponements and the like I haven’t seen a full StRochs game for months. It was good to be back at the Candy in the rain and see the same faces and same voices with the same views and opinions. Some thought we did ok and others thought the forwards should be shot and the management team don’t have a clue playing Mr X out of position and Mr Y who shouldn’t even be anywhere near the team.. apparently..... I nod and listen and accept they all have an opinion and it is theirs and they care so it is valid. It is comfortingly familiar to debate and argue and watch and enjoy....and despite the cold and the wind and the rain, I don’t think there is anywhere I would rather have been yesterday afternoon. Sent to me from heaven, Candy Cinnamon, you are my world.

Mon the Candy!

MTC! [emoji517][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

IMG_3222.thumb.jpg.4763300f47714816117967720e66d3de.jpgIMG_3221.thumb.jpg.730fd390fd05e871aa855ad329bd23da.jpg

Good to see you back kinky and even better we have another of your fantastic match reports to mull over .
Part of the candy is the social scene and I enjoy our chats discussions and debates even if nobody ever agrees with me lol .
A good second half and you covered the missed chances well so no need to add much more .
Disappointed we never took all 3 pts but delighted with the football on show despite the pitch and the weather being foul .

12 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Great 3 points yesterday although we did make it hard for ourselves as usual.
Great wee facility up at K park. Defo the correct decision to move the game from showpark to there.

Agree with you on both counts. Apart from the parking it’s geared up for Senior football. 

Not the most exciting game yesterday but a great 3 points for the candy and that is what its about the 3 points. We have read posts on here saying about discipline in the team and rightly so but i don’t think there were two more disciplined players yesterday than Tam and Berto. That guy shouting was out of order and the guys did really well not to react and play their game. A few tricky away games now and if all goes well it should be a great league run in with a few reams in the mix thinking they could win it. Mon the Candy !!

Enjoyed that game. Think overall the Candy edged it and merited the points. 

Would like to see Danny Irvine in the team every week. 

Victory next week and we will be looking really good. Looks like a five-way fight for promotion with Rossvale, Benburb, Neilston, Candy and Wishaw. 

Theres having an opinion and theres verbally abusing a player and squaring up to him while hes trying to take a throw in. No place for that carry on. I myself have opinions on each player and not a fan of all but that was out of order in opinion. Your right though both them actually had a good game as did bull.

But on a lighter note, next few away games will be tough but very winnable i think. Its tight at the top and you have got to think late points gained against the bens, yoker and rossvale away will be very important and count in the end up. The team show great spirit to battle to the very end in games i just wish sometimes they could start the way they finish.

12 minutes ago, The stinger said:

Theres having an opinion and theres verbally abusing a player and squaring up to him while hes trying to take a throw in. No place for that carry on. I myself have opinions on each player and not a fan of all but that was out of order in opinion. Your right though both them actually had a good game as did bull.

No sure he went as far as squaring up, mate. Was out of order but characters like that are who make the club unique. Hopefully he learns a lesson and wraps it. 

Its not nice to see. Guy is entitled to his opinion but in my opinion thats not the way to go about it. Hopefully next game hes at its a different story and its toned down a bit. He obv loves the team and wants whats best too as do the players on the park thats trying to do that for him and everybody else.

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It won't be getting used for senior football as east Kilbride are building a brand new stadium

Who's actually building and paying for it? Is it South Lanarkshire Council, and if so, where are they getting the cash?

Is it a multi sports facility and will both East Kilbride (lowland league) & EK thistle be accommodated?

Pity they didn't build it when money was plentiful and it could have been a new home for Clyde, or perhaps even Third Lanark?

Just now, garrellburn said:

Who's actually building and paying for it? Is it South Lanarkshire Council, and if so, where are they getting the cash?

Is it a multi sports facility and will both East Kilbride (lowland league) & EK thistle be accommodated?

Pity they didn't build it when money was plentiful and it could have been a new home for Clyde, or perhaps even Third Lanark?

Don't know how they are funding it. But in past they have had some wealthy backers. 

No they think ek thistle may take over lease at k park and move from show ground and it's private investment which is paying for the lowland league stadium

Archived