St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

The only goal I saw was an excellent one, good run from the forward, a good through ball and a good finish. It wasn't a classic game and had a feel of nothingness about it from the sidelines although both benches and both sets of players seemed to be getting very worked up. That passion just didn't permeate into me unlike the wind. I would say a good side is a good side whether they are amateur, junior or pro. Some juniors are better than pros, some amateurs better than juniors. It's usually just a difference in quality and average ability and sometimes attitude and application. I don't think CP being a goal up when I left was any surprise and was fully deserved.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm out as well. Shocking performance from me having only trapped for 20 mins the whole of pre season. The fact that I'm getting minutes under my belt elsewhere is no excuse I accept.
Hopefully the lads get through today unscathed physically and mentally. Wouldn't want Cumnock to run riot like they have recently and for us to go into competative games feeling sorry for ourselves. From what I know of the squad and what I saw of some of the new lads during the week I think we will be fine and a strong outfit. Pre season is ok but it's all about the real stuff. Good luck today lads.
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

On 26 July 2017 at 10:42, ScottMcCorry said:

poster.jpg

And so the caravan moves on from Cumnock to Shieldhall. Hopefully the 12 Apostles that ventured to Cumnock are followed by others to Fulbar Rd for this memorial match.

On 30/07/2017 at 13:30, Glenconner said:

And so the caravan moves on from Cumnock to Shieldhall. Hopefully the 12 Apostles that ventured to Cumnock are followed by others to Fulbar Rd for this memorial match.

Think the fans made the right decision not to go down. In my opinion we might not have been welcome and an expense not needed!!

Think the fans made the right decision not to go down. In my opinion we might not have been welcome and an expense not needed!!

Do you mean the right decision to not go to Cumnock??????? ........ WHY
Why would you not have been welcome- expand on that please ??????

6 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

Do you mean the right decision to not go to Cumnock??????? ........ WHY
Why would you not have been welcome- expand on that please ??????

Let's just say we are not the most popular club in when it comes to Ayrshire. Enough said!!

All welcome,  by most at Townhead Park . can only suspect it may be your own fans problem.

maybe start by getting shot of the banner with the skull on it ,

now thats not the most welcoming

Let's just say we are not the most popular club in when it comes to Ayrshire. Enough said!!

Why would that be , is it the famous affinity with Celtic/ republican matters and You feel that would not go down well in East Ayrshire

That's only the case if you and/ or your support bring your bigoted shit into a junior ground.

You could start with your import from Pollok , Mr T. Hanlon and how he behaves on the pitch.

On Saturday at Cumnock he continually stole yards at throw ins and I shouted out to the ref " here sir......is this a sponsored walk this guy is on"
Hanlon decided it was in order to turn round and say " it'll no be a F**king Orange walk anyway ya Proddy b**tard"

Could behaviour like that maybe have something to do with folks perception of your club/support

If you behave like that, people will treat you like that

As far as hospitality is concerned, we have never had any complaints from any visiting teams in the past

I was at Cumnock on Saturday - the vast majority of people were welcoming but there was one person in particular who liked the term bead rattlers and directed his bile to Tam throughout the game 

Can you expand why flag with skull would be an issue - genuinely at a loss??

I think there's a genuine lack of understanding among folk even in the Junior game as to what St Rochs and their fans are all about

I suppose the only solution is to be patient and try to educate folk a bit,  but sadly that only goes so far and can often fall on deaf ears. St Roch are quite a unique club from an area of Glasgow with a particularly strong Irish immigrant identity so their fans adopting symbols of this is neither surprising or wrong, and it's bordering on some seriously questionable territory to class such symbols as offensive or somehow innately bigoted.

The people at townhead r very welcoming tbh. I remember when we went down there after just playing in a cup final for the supporters team that morning and winning and we were all jumping about there club singing but they were all brand new.

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, Bul2 said:

Why would that be , is it the famous affinity with Celtic/ republican matters and You feel that would not go down well in East Ayrshire

That's only the case if you and/ or your support bring your bigoted shit into a junior ground.

You could start with your import from Pollok , Mr T. Hanlon and how he behaves on the pitch.

On Saturday at Cumnock he continually stole yards at throw ins and I shouted out to the ref " here sir......is this a sponsored walk this guy is on"
Hanlon decided it was in order to turn round and say " it'll no be a F**king Orange walk anyway ya Proddy b**tard"

Could behaviour like that maybe have something to do with folks perception of your club/support

If you behave like that, people will treat you like that

As far as hospitality is concerned, we have never had any complaints from any visiting teams in the past

Bul2 - we had great hospitality from everyone on Saturday ( a lot of banter about "blue and green") which was all good stuff 

I wonder what you mean however about St Roch's famous affinity with Celtic/republican mattes 

as a club we have no affinity with republican matters but do have a good relationship with Celtic - fostered through the Jimmy McGrory link.

johnstonburgh have relationship with St Mitren, Greenock have had relationships with Morton - many Junior clubs have good relationships with Senior clubs - yes ours is Celtic. In fact Cumnock have an advertising banner from a Rangers Loyal supporters club which again is absolutely fine.

but please don't get mixed up with affinity or relationship to Celtic and any link to republicanism - you are way off the mark - hope Cumnock have a great season - fantastic team and brilliant banter with the fans (except one!!) 

I think there's a genuine lack of understanding among folk even in the Junior game as to what St Rochs and their fans are all about
I suppose the only solution is to be patient and try to educate folk a bit,  but sadly that only goes so far and can often fall on deaf ears. St Roch are quite a unique club from an area of Glasgow with a particularly strong Irish immigrant identity so their fans adopting symbols of this is neither surprising or wrong, and it's bordering on some seriously questionable territory to class such symbols as offensive or somehow innately bigoted.

I totally agree that people should be proud of their heritage, but, to try and say that a club line Cumnock will be a bad place to go because it's in Ayrshire is actually pandering to the bigoted stereotype that the poster earlier is alluding to

However, to say that it's fine to bring any part of Republicanism or Loyalist stuff into a junior ground is beyond belief

As far as the "Bead Rattlers" jibe is concerned, I am not saying it didn't happen, but, I was standing over on the side that any Candy supporters I saw were standing and I didn't hear it, if it happened , that is disgraceful , but to say everybody should accept the republican/ Celtic stuff regardless is, for want of a better phrase, Shite

In fact Pogue mahone

I'm curious from a football point of view what the reasoning was behind the game. By the time the game was played certain players deemed not up to standard were called back because certain first team players were posted missing. All of a sudden players are then pulled back from the amateurs to be given a try out against a Super League team scoring 14 goals in the previous two games. We did well to get out with a 4-1 defeat. If it was a learning curve and not sure what we learned. Don't go to Ayrshire with half team, maybe?

Archived