• Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

A massive signing for the Candy... Together with the other recent

captures made by the club, there will be increased competition

for places in the new season... and that is what you want as a 

manager. Can I also wish STEVIE RANKIN all the best following

news that he has also joined the backroom staff:thumsup2

Apparently the pitch is looking fantastic and that is all credit to Ken, Billy Reid and Stevie Mullen who have worked tirelessly on it, relaying turf, levelling and replanting seed, verti draining, spreading fertiliser and cutting it. At the AGM the state of the pitch was discussed and basically everyone threw their hands up as we had no money. Nothing has been done on it in over 30 years I heard. Ken was fighting a losing battle despite his best efforts. A few heads got together with a desire to at least try and it looks like it has come off. A great effort and I hope the players and other fans appreciate their (up till now) unsung work. I know I do. Well done lads on trying to give the players a decent surface to play on. [emoji122][emoji122]
Special thanks also to Jordanhill Garden Supplies for their kind donations and sponsorship. [emoji172] If you ever want anything gardeny /grass etc then they're the guys to speak to... I mean turf!!
Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

10 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Apparently the pitch is looking fantastic and that is all credit to Ken, Billy Reid and Stevie Mullen who have worked tirelessly on it, relaying turf, levelling and replanting seed, verti draining, spreading fertiliser and cutting it. At the AGM the state of the pitch was discussed and basically everyone threw their hands up as we had no money. Nothing has been done on it in over 30 years I heard. Ken was fighting a losing battle despite his best efforts. A few heads got together with a desire to at least try and it looks like it has come off. A great effort and I hope the players and other fans appreciate their (up till now) unsung work. I know I do. Well done lads on trying to give the players a decent surface to play on. emoji122.pngemoji122.png
Special thanks also to Jordanhill Garden Supplies for their kind donations and sponsorship. emoji172.png If you ever want anything gardeny /grass etc then they're the guys to speak to... I mean turf!!
Mon the Candy!
MTC!emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

Heard a howler of a story about the pitch yesterday up at the ground from an older timer.

Seems the original grass park was like the present Ants pitch, a bowling green.

The local Showmans Guild/Carnival folks years ago asked to use the park for a Scotland v England type game. The day before the game it snowed but the Carnival folks weren't to be beat. They brought in a couple of diggers to clear the snow. And ended up taking half the pitch with it!!! The pitch was never the same after that.

Tonight Tuesday 7.30pm St Roch's v Duntocher Hibs AFC

Admission free

Might head along to this if time allows.

99f9d88ea9453e7c807cb3b634481b5d.jpg

6cfc3c05ef90ddf14f2d0f8883b269b9.jpg

Hibs seemed to have started back 2015 won couple trophies in WosAfl now in the SAFL.

Only pre season and very first game but was surprised at hares beating the Roch 5-2 .

28 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Hibs seemed to have started back 2015 won couple trophies in WosAfl now in the SAFL.

Only pre season and very first game but was surprised at hares beating the Roch 5-2 

1 hour ago, Beckanbaur said:

Bit of a pumpin off Harestanes?
Pre season yes but still a shock result ? Heavier defeat than whole last season by looks of
It ?

Not overly concerned by the result. Harestanes pounced on all mistakes/slackness and were well worthy of their win on the day of course. They were clinical and pressed expertly.

As for us, 9 of the starting XI were new players...with not 1 department having 2 players beside each other who had played together, so i'm easy with the whole shebang...and then once it got to 3-0 you could see the frustration.

I think tonight will be more of the lads from last season, so probably a more cohesive unit.

I don't think Saturdays result will have much of a bearer long term.

Cracking work on the Graphics Scott.

Agree with the friendly results chat too, the Ants thumped Rob Roy 6-0 or 6-1 a few pre-seasons back, went on to narrowly avoid relegation from the Central 1st!

How are we shaping up lads? How are the new signings getting on? Anyone looking sharp?? I haven't managed to get to any and I am missing the next few games as well unfortunately. [emoji30]hopefully see you at some point soon.

How are we shaping up lads? How are the new signings getting on? Anyone looking sharp?? I haven't managed to get to any and I am missing the next few games as well unfortunately. [emoji30]hopefully see you at some point soon.

Part time supporter[emoji38]

25 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

How are we shaping up lads? How are the new signings getting on? Anyone looking sharp?? I haven't managed to get to any and I am missing the next few games as well unfortunately. emoji30.pnghopefully see you at some point soon.

Very much work in progress. As you imagine, the 4-1 was a better performance than the 5-2 defeat...however, the standard of opposition was considerably weaker imo.

There is a doubt over a couple of the new guys, but most look like the good players we expected. It's now up to the management team, to build that unit...as you can imagine, it hasnt been that way. I think the manager has sent them out, very much with a, show me what you can do attitude in the 2 games...i think with the Kilsytn and Cumnock games coming, he'll want to start getting his way of play onto the team.

As for fans of most teams i'd imagine, there is concerns plus contentment in equal measures.

Ps i have tried to be as vague as possible just in case you're wondering 

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Think this Saturday v Kilsyth Rangers and Cumnock away next Saturday will be a better judge of how it's going. Creating scoring chances then failing to sink them needs sorted. 

Yeah, i'd agree.

You can imagine he is using the games vs the amateur lads, as a way to get everyone a game at some point...the whole team changing at half time is a nightmare for the twitter guy.

First touches, early shots, bit harder work, better positioning...all things that comes with more games, but against better teams...we need to up it asap.

On 7/18/2017 at 12:16, clickclick said:

Cracking work on the Graphics Scott.

Agree with the friendly results chat too, the Ants thumped Rob Roy 6-0 or 6-1 a few pre-seasons back, went on to narrowly avoid relegation from the Central 1st!

Thanks Gerry 

Looking forward to visiting u guys on saturday , we beat camelon 5-4 last night , loads of new players an trialists on show as is the case at this stage , a never like getting beat in any game , but need to mind these are only friendlies , meaning your game v harestanes .

Archived