EOS League Cup 2017-18

Good game and very evenly matched - penalties wouldn't have been unreasonable. Decent goals in normal time saw the extra 30min required. Leith powered home to take the lead but LTHV equalised from what looked a deserved penalty, before a delightful chip over and flick finish proved the winner.

Ground utterly transformed since I visited in 2012-13.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Good game and very evenly matched - penalties wouldn't have been unreasonable. Decent goals in normal time saw the extra 30min required. Leith powered home to take the lead but LTHV equalised from what looked a deserved penalty, before a delightful chip over and flick finish proved the winner.

Ground utterly transformed since I visited in 2012-13.

Was a good game HJ.

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Finished 3-2 to LTHV. Nice set up at Easthouse and cracking day to watch football.

Good to see you again as you say cracking day to watch football. Last time I was at Easthouses it was just a playing field ground looks smart now with decent pavilion and stand.

Enjoyed my day out in the sun.  Just about a fair result but there was a lot of huffing and puffing and not much in the way of free flowing football, the pitch and sun probably didn't help.

Laughed when Swanson stormed off to the dressing rooms after being subbed at 1-2 down, stripping off shirt and being told by the ref to get the other side of the barrier if he was going to do that,  then sheepishly emerges to claim his winners medal.

Other laugh was when the LTHV defender refuses to go into the hawthorn hedge after the ball and leaves it to his goalie, who shouts "yer scared of a hedge......."

Archived