*** ****** v **********

Jesus Christ. Fair play on winning and that but calm down, you beat us in what was a glorified pre-season friendly. 
Typical diddy team celebrations. 

No need to grudge them their cup final win m8.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus Christ. Fair play on winning and that but calm down, you beat us in what was a glorified pre-season friendly. 
Typical diddy team celebrations. 

Friendly? [emoji23]

-It was beamed live around the world
-Killie sold there tickets in record time
-Was league cup the one you lot always go on about winning

Any Ayrshire derby can never be classed as friendly. Just bad losers [emoji5]

#giveusbackourayrshirecup

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Killie fans won't sell 3,000 tickets in 5 hours again in the next 5 year, but it was Ayr Uniteds cup final :rolleyes:

2823, let's not forget they didn't get near what they claimed.  

Killie fans won't sell 3,000 tickets in 5 hours again in the next 5 year, but it was Ayr Uniteds cup final :rolleyes:

But it wasn't 5 hrs,

The tickets went on sale Monday & Tuesday to season ticket holders, they only went on general sale on Wednesday, thats when they sold out....

Also additional tickets were made available from the club through the trust right up to Friday lunchtime.

A*r are not that big a box office as you would like to have us think [emoji22]

I would assume that tickets given out to sponsors are not included in that number.

If more had been made available, we would have sold them, at least 300-400 of our fans had to get home end tickets.

It was still a poor crowd of 6417 for an Ayrshire derby.

I would assume that tickets given out to sponsors are not included in that number.

If more had been made available, we would have sold them, at least 300-400 of our fans had to get home end tickets.

It was still a poor crowd of 6417 for an Ayrshire derby.

You're still hurting aren't you Cammy?

Any evidence of this 300-400 away fans in the home end?

at least 300-400 of our fans had to get home end tickets.

Absolute bollocks. This whole episode has been a myth generated by social media. I've no doubt there were Kilmarnock fans in the home end but they could be counted in dozens rather than hundreds.

Absolute bollocks. This whole episode has been a myth generated by social media. I've no doubt there were Kilmarnock fans in the home end but they could be counted in dozens rather than hundreds.

Yeah that's what I thought too.

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

So, when can we sort out the Ayrshire cup?

Must be done, surely?

That's the last thing you want to do. If you play each other in a meaningless pre-season friendly once a year it'll completely remove the sense of occasion whenever you do get real competitive derbies and take the edge right out of the games. The Renfrewshire Cup killed the atmosphere of the Renfrewshire derby to the point that even Morton and St. Mirren sharing a league again couldn't revive the previous interest in it, if you start competing for the Ayrshire Cup again your derby will go the same way.

That's the last thing you want to do. If you play each other in a meaningless pre-season friendly once a year it'll completely remove the sense of occasion whenever you do get real competitive derbies and take the edge right out of the games. The Renfrewshire Cup killed the atmosphere of the Renfrewshire derby to the point that even Morton and St. Mirren sharing a league again couldn't revive the previous interest in it, if you start competing for the Ayrshire Cup again your derby will go the same way.

Wise words I reckon.

Maybe have it every 2 or every 4 years?

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Couldn't agree more, Killie can keep The Ayrshire Cup as far as I'm concerned.

Archived