*** ****** v **********

5 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Absolute bollocks. This whole episode has been a myth generated by social media. I've no doubt there were Kilmarnock fans in the home end but they could be counted in dozens rather than hundreds.

Not sure how many of us were in the home end, but as I stood quietly in the pishing rain I saw quite a few familiar faces around me miserably doing the same.

Granted,it wasn't difficult,to remain quiet given what was on display from our mob, but IF we had scored Im sure you would have heard us.

That said, we never even came close and never even looked like scoring, and again, well played to the Darkies for an excellent performance.

On that form you should have no bother getting out of that league.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bravado with a dash of smugness topped with a sprinkling of self-satisfaction. To be expected tbh.
Fair play, a wee win brings that out in both parties. But your still failing to answer why no Ayr fans asked for it to be reinstated after Hampden ???

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:
7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
Bravado with a dash of smugness topped with a sprinkling of self-satisfaction. To be expected tbh.

Fair play, a wee win brings that out in both parties. But your still failing to answer why no Ayr fans asked for it to be reinstated after Hampden ???

Can't be still failing as I've not commented on the issue previously. But I suspect the reason is simply because we lost at Hampden and won on Friday.

Can't be still failing as I've not commented on the issue previously. But I suspect the reason is simply because we lost at Hampden and won on Friday.

f**k me.... An honest man [emoji108]

The Ayrshire cup was claimed by Kilmarnock after the Ayrshire football association disbanded while they were holders and then lodged it as an asset. Ayr provided the opposition for Gary Hays testimonial on the basis of the Ayrshire cup being put back up for a prize every year which Kilmarnock reneged on after the game, The fixture missing isn't what rankles with Ayr fans, it is the manner in the way the trophy was "taken out of circulation" 

I would like the tournament to return with perhaps more junior teams involved, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Auchenleck, The Glens, Cumnock etc would draw decent crowds and be a bit more interesting than drawing a colt team in the challenge cup

Extended highlights of the game now available on BT.

Daft question but i assume you need a subscription even for highlights?

Find it a bit gutting that i can tune in to 10 min highlights every Saturday night last season to see us horsed right left and centre but can't find it for this game!

Because it was the worst 120 minutes of my life and Friday was the best 90 minutes of my life (for a while anyway).

Plus it was fucking freezing at Hampden that day.

33 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Friday was the best 90 minutes of my life

I've been absolutely mortified since full time but still feel like you should be embarrassed for saying that. 

I've been absolutely mortified since full time but still feel like you should be embarrassed for saying that. 

I meant in terms of football and I did say in brackets "for a while".

Can't remember the last football match I was at where I got the same feeling. Maybe the play off final but it wasn't 90 minutes and was a crap game to watch.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Find it a bit gutting that i can tune in to 10 min highlights every Saturday night last season to see us horsed right left and centre but can't find it for this game!

No Ayr highlights from this game. Gutted also. Could not make the game (or watch it). Small beer in comparison, but should be at Dumbarton on Tuesday night.

No Ayr highlights from this game. Gutted also. Could not make the game (or watch it). Small beer in comparison, but should be at Dumbarton on Tuesday night.

Wasn't meant as a dig at you, just in case it came across that way. You guys do a phenomenal job.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's amazing how all the Ayr fans are calling for the Ayrshire cup to make a comeback after beating us on Friday night.

Why not a peep about it after the Hampden semi final ????

Amazing how bravado comes to the fore after a win.

I've certainly never called for it to make a comeback, I'll settle for us meeting in meaningful games.

A better idea would be for The Ayrshire Cup to be the prize for winning meaningful derbies in the future, either club retaining ownership of a trophy they only have half the history wrapped up in is a nonsense.

The Ayrshire cup was claimed by Kilmarnock after the Ayrshire football association disbanded while they were holders and then lodged it as an asset. Ayr provided the opposition for Gary Hays testimonial on the basis of the Ayrshire cup being put back up for a prize every year which Kilmarnock reneged on after the game, The fixture missing isn't what rankles with Ayr fans, it is the manner in the way the trophy was "taken out of circulation" 
I would like the tournament to return with perhaps more junior teams involved, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Auchenleck, The Glens, Cumnock etc would draw decent crowds and be a bit more interesting than drawing a colt team in the challenge cup

The Moto here is ..... Never trust an Ayr lawyer [emoji108]

I've certainly never called for it to make a comeback, I'll settle for us meeting in meaningful games.
A better idea would be for The Ayrshire Cup to be the prize for winning meaningful derbies in the future, either club retaining ownership of a trophy they only have half the history wrapped up in is a nonsense.

This could be a good idea.

I like this idea.

Archived