*** ****** v **********

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I would assume that tickets given out to sponsors are not included in that number.

If more had been made available, we would have sold them, at least 300-400 of our fans had to get home end tickets.

It was still a poor crowd of 6417 for an Ayrshire derby.

They must have been celebrating with the rest of us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 You're still hurting aren't you Cammy? 

Any evidence of this 300-400 away fans in the home end?

Don't you think a crowd of 6417 is poor for an Ayrshire Derby? 

As for the 300-400 in the home end, if not more, I can only go by the guys who posted on our forum they visited Summerset to get tickets, people who were on holiday, working, live out with the area etc, and missed out after the original general sale quantity had gone.

Bothered I was, I'm over it, I'll admit it hurt like f**k at the time but bouncing back Tuesday night is all I'm caring about now. We can't change what happened on Friday night and we didn't deserve anything after that performance.

You seem more concerned than anyone else on here as to how the Killie fans are feeling, Why? Should you not be enjoying your success? Afterall they come round few and far between for both clubs.

PS, I've got £200 at 5/2 with skybet through oddschecker.com, best price I could find lol, for you guys to win the league [emoji108]. You better not let me down.

PS, I've got £200 at 5/2 with skybet through oddschecker.com, best price I could find lol, for you guys to win the league [emoji108]. You better not let me down.

Easily done, you've missed your decimal point there. I wish you every success and fingers crossed for your £7 windfall. ????

Easily done, you've missed your decimal point there. I wish you every success and fingers crossed for your £7 windfall. ????

Lol, if I win I'm gonna buy your club at shut it fucking down [emoji12]

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

That's the last thing you want to do. If you play each other in a meaningless pre-season friendly once a year it'll completely remove the sense of occasion whenever you do get real competitive derbies and take the edge right out of the games. The Renfrewshire Cup killed the atmosphere of the Renfrewshire derby to the point that even Morton and St. Mirren sharing a league again couldn't revive the previous interest in it, if you start competing for the Ayrshire Cup again your derby will go the same way.

Don't think so. Used to get crowds of 3000 for these games, even when we were in the same division. It was often played at the end of season rather than pre-season nonsense. 

If we won't play for it again (and we have tried) it's high time the trophy was on display at the Scottish Football Museum. 

Never realised Andy got it up them a second time after scoring.  
giphy.gif
Snotters

Yup, this was the only part of the celebration which I saw. Was beginning to think I had imagined it as I hadn't seen any photos of it! Beautiful.

Yup, this was the only part of the celebration which I saw. Was beginning to think I had imagined it as I hadn't seen any photos of it! Beautiful.

I saw it - was right in front of me.

I was seething.

Still am.

Don't you think a crowd of 6417 is poor for an Ayrshire Derby? As for the 300-400 in the home end, if not more, I can only go by the guys who posted on our forum they visited Summerset to get tickets, people who were on holiday, working, live out with the area etc, and missed out after the original general sale quantity had gone.

Bothered I was, I'm over it, I'll admit it hurt like f**k at the time but bouncing back Tuesday night is all I'm caring about now. We can't change what happened on Friday night and we didn't deserve anything after that performance.

You seem more concerned than anyone else on here as to how the Killie fans are feeling, Why? Should you not be enjoying your success? Afterall they come round few and far between for both clubs.

I'll admit I'm disappointed in the lack of ticket sales - not what I was expecting. But I was genuinely curious about the discrepancy between the away end numbers.

I'm very much enjoying the post match glow of success. A little gentle prodding of the opposition on these boards is part of that enjoyment.

The Ayrshire derby is my favourite football fixture of all time, followed by Scotland v England.

As you get on in years, they seem to come about all too few and far between.

Some of my favourite football memories are of Andy Walkers chipped penalty, Dick's header, Williams equaliser.

Killie ruined it sending down reserves and it died a death.

Personally I'd have the Ayrshire cup contested every year, but if it was every 2 years I think it would have the makings of being competitive enough.

There is surely money to be made on both sides and if that is the case then I'm sure both clubs will want it to happen.

I long for the day that we are in the same league

It's amazing how all the Ayr fans are calling for the Ayrshire cup to make a comeback after beating us on Friday night.

Why not a peep about it after the Hampden semi final ????

Amazing how bravado comes to the fore after a win.

Maybe an age thing - i'm 33 and would prefer to donate the Ayrshire Cup to the Scottish Football Museum or something.

Agree that an Ayrshire Derby is special but as someone mentioned before thats helped in part by the rarity of it. I'd love to play them 4 times a year in league or even draw them every year in the cup, but feel Friday would have been devalued slightly had we played them 5 weeks previously for the Ayrshire Cup for example.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's amazing how all the Ayr fans are calling for the Ayrshire cup to make a comeback after beating us on Friday night.

Personally I don't want it back.  I like the derby as it is where every game is massive.  

However, most Ayr fans never stopped calling for it to be played again or wanting you in every cup draw since that game.  

Fair do's to ayr, they looked fitter than us, created the better chances and deserved the win. We've won the last 3/4 meetings so it's only fair to return the favour. ;) 

I'm hoping our abysmal performance was down to a bunch of new players yet to gel and lack of players like Dicker and Taylor who would've steadied the ship a bit. Long ball game is usually bread and butter for lower league teams so we shot ourselves in the foot there. As soon as Jones got the ball we should've flooded the box as he had the right back on toast. But final ball was pish and we created nothing else.

Maybe an age thing - i'm 33 and would prefer to donate the Ayrshire Cup to the Scottish Football Museum or something.

I don't profess to know any of the ins & outs of what the sneaky lawyer from Ayr did with the legal side of ownership. Knowing him thou, I'd imagine its pretty watertight.

Fell free to foot a hefty legal bill sorting it out, if you wish to have it in the Hampden museum.....

I don't profess to know any of the ins & outs of what the sneaky lawyer from Ayr did with the legal side of ownership. Knowing him thou, I'd imagine its pretty watertight.

Fell free to foot a hefty legal bill sorting it out, if you wish to have it in the Hampden museum.....

Don't really care too much either way. I believe it's one of the oldest trophies still around in Europe, so for me it should be up at Hampden if it's not being played for. I'd say the same if we somehow won it back in a kickabout tomorrow.

Don't really care too much either way. I believe it's one of the oldest trophies still around in Europe, so for me it should be up at Hampden if it's not being played for. I'd say the same if we somehow won it back in a kickabout tomorrow.

My great grandfather won an Ayrshire cup medal in the first decade of the 20th century and it's on display at the museum.

It took me a while to realise how important it is - I always thought my dad was getting carried away. But as I get older I absolutely understand.

40 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Bravado with a dash of smugness topped with a sprinkling of self-satisfaction. To be expected tbh.

Archived