*** ****** v **********

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Hell is going on here, I'm trying to revel in smugness and shitposting and folk are deep in discussion of the minutiae of SFA regulations.

SPFL regulations, although judging from the Ayr fans singing tonight they are a bit ignorant of the structure of Scottish football

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There have been numerous instances of suspended or ineligible players playing (mostly involving Falkirk) where the penalty has npt been a "3-0" walkover.

Example, John Clark (ex-DU), scores the winner in a 1-0 v St Mirren at Brockville. SFA decision? Replay (for which Falkirk charged admission)

Mark Kerr scores 2 goals away to Ayr whilst suspended to earn a draw for the Bairns. SFA decision? £2000 fine.

Jamie McQuilken plays whilst suspended away to Kilmarnock. SFA decision?  Fine but suspended because the Bairns are skint.

The SFA changed the rules for the Scottish Cup because it was easily shown they favoured the big clubs when it came to requiring a replay vs overturning the result.

The SPFL rules for this are a shambles, remember Dundee United beat ICT a couple of seasons ago while playing an ineligible player. Dundee United were allowed to keep the win but docked 3 points while Inverness where told tough shit. It was all up to the board rather than having specific sanctions written in the rules. (the conspiratorial might suggest ICT asked to not be awarded the win so they didn't have to pay bonuses)

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

SPFL regulations, although judging from the Ayr fans singing tonight they are a bit ignorant of the structure of Scottish football

The SFA changed the rules for the Scottish Cup because it was easily shown they favoured the big clubs when it came to requiring a replay vs overturning the result.

The SPFL rules for this are a shambles, remember Dundee United beat ICT a couple of seasons ago while playing an ineligible player. Dundee United were allowed to keep the win but docked 3 points while Inverness where told tough shit. It was all up to the board rather than having specific sanctions written in the rules. (the conspiratorial might suggest ICT asked to not be awarded the win so they didn't have to pay bonuses)

Ok, TBF none of the example I provided there were the Scottish Cup. The John Clark and Mark Kerr incidents were league games, the McQuilken one was the League Cup. Nonetheless, the SFA administer the suspensions and dole out the punishments.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

While I appreciate the rules are a shambles, I don't think there is a catch-all rule for fielding ineligible players that's fair. 

Obviously clubs should be diligent, but should a club where an ineligible player played 90 minutes and scored a hat-trick be given the same punishment as one who brought on an ineligible player in injury time while already winning comfortably? 

Maybe a points-based system is needed, that tallies up based on various factors and the total is what determines the punishment?

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There have been numerous instances of suspended or ineligible players playing (mostly involving Falkirk) where the penalty has npt been a "3-0" walkover.

Example, John Clark (ex-DU), scores the winner in a 1-0 v St Mirren at Brockville. SFA decision? Replay (for which Falkirk charged admission)

Mark Kerr scores 2 goals away to Ayr whilst suspended to earn a draw for the Bairns. SFA decision? £2000 fine.

Jamie McQuilken plays whilst suspended away to Kilmarnock. SFA decision?  Fine but suspended because the Bairns are skint.

Establishment team. GIRUY

Who was the diddy with the smoke bomb. Probably Dindeleux.

Some wee fanny tbh. Looked about 14. Most fans around him got him telt cause done it twice. Wasn't smartest move when throwing it next to our keeper. Does anyone know where they get these? Never seen one in a shop!

Does anyone know where they get these? Never seen one in a shop!

Apparently there's this thing called "the internet", I think it's a new thing, especially in East Ayrshire,

I've heard you can buy things from it...things that you may not necessarily find in shops.

While I appreciate the rules are a shambles, I don't think there is a catch-all rule for fielding ineligible players that's fair. 
Obviously clubs should be diligent, but should a club where an ineligible player played 90 minutes and scored a hat-trick be given the same punishment as one who brought on an ineligible player in injury time while already winning comfortably? 
Maybe a points-based system is needed, that tallies up based on various factors and the total is what determines the punishment?

That is of course common sense, which I'm sure all fans would agree with.

Just as we're heading towards a review on a club that won 14 trophies while having tens of ineligible players registered over a period of ten years (that we know about). If found ineligible then I'm sure all fans will support the call for those trophies to be nulled. And well done to Ayr tonight of course!

20 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Just got in and obviously my face is tripping me.

Then she says "get a grip, it's only a game".

#prayformrsdindy

Tell your mum I'll explain in to her some night

Thats right, a  yer maw joke......get it up yees

Tell your mum I'll explain in to her some night

Thats right, a  yer maw joke......get it up yees

What you said made absolutely no sense. Your patter is like Kris Boyds movement.

Didn't feel the same jubilation as the 2009 last minute equaliser but was still a brilliant night under the SRE cowshed...

Keep up that kind of play and we'll fucking skoosh League 1

Archived