*** ****** v **********

Same for us at the other end. Pretty happy with the forwards but lacking depth in defenders. Playing Geggan at RB is a waste of his ability in midfield but I'm hoping we've got a replacement for Friday.

f**k me did we just have a proper conversation about football [emoji102]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k me did we just have a proper conversation about football [emoji102]

Are you telling me that two rival fans managed to discuss something sensibly on this thread?

You Killie fans really are crazy

Are you telling me that two rival fans managed to discuss something sensibly on this thread?

You Killie fans really are crazy

Scary stuff haha you fancy your chances come Friday? At rubgy park think it could of been 4 being that were on a bit of a high for various reasons and your relegation but you never know down at your bit

Scary stuff haha you fancy your chances come Friday? At rubgy park think it could of been 4 being that were on a bit of a high for various reasons and your relegation but you never know down at your bit

At the start of the season when we were signing players left right and centre and spirits were high I would've said I was really confident and think we would get a result.

Now it's all died down a bit and reality has set in that we've got a hard season ahead even though we've went full time. Still think we'll give you a good game and hopefully it's tight but I can't see us winning it. 2-1 Killie I'd say.

McCall is under pressure from fans before we've even kicked a ball which isn't a good way to start but if he managed to get a win on Friday surely it would buy him a bit of breathing space for awhile.

At the start of the season when we were signing players left right and centre and spirits were high I would've said I was really confident and think we would get a result.

Now it's all died down a bit and reality has set in that we've got a hard season ahead even though we've went full time. Still think we'll give you a good game and hopefully it's tight but I can't see us winning it. 2-1 Killie I'd say.

McCall is under pressure from fans before we've even kicked a ball which isn't a good way to start but if he managed to get a win on Friday surely it would buy him a bit of breathing space for awhile.

We were probably the opposite, was very quite at the start of the summer but it seems a player's character is being taken into consideration as well as ability and we've singed some soild player's so that's encouraging

Was quite surprised you stuck with him tbh the ayr fans I know have said that they thought you had enough to stay up last season and was down to his management

We were probably the opposite, was very quite at the start of the summer but it seems a player's character is being taken into consideration as well as ability and we've singed some soild player's so that's encouraging

Was quite surprised you stuck with him tbh the ayr fans I know have said that they thought you had enough to stay up last season and was down to his management

He's taken a lot of the responsibility and rightly so. IMO he got the signings all wrong. Gary Harkins seemed like a great signing at the time but didn't have the discipline to play in a team that were defending for almost all the game.

Add to that that our striker was out for almost the full season and the two boys we had on loan weren't up to it. We ended up going all Craig Levein until February when Moore came back and El Alagui signed. By that time though St Mirren had turned it around at Raith happened to be slightly less shit than us.

I didn't want McCall to leave, I figured that if Brian Reid was allowed another crack at it then McCall should as well. Our squad this time around is the best we've had under McCall (on paper at least) so I'm hoping he can get us up and stay up.

Who knows maybe McCulloch will turn out to be a disaster and you'll end up in the Championship next year with us promoted.

Don't think I could handle 4 threads like this one though.

He is better than others out there at the moment. I think the first sign of trouble with the league he will be gone tbh.

He's taken a lot of the responsibility and rightly so. IMO he got the signings all wrong. Gary Harkins seemed like a great signing at the time but didn't have the discipline to play in a team that were defending for almost all the game.

Add to that that our striker was out for almost the full season and the two boys we had on loan weren't up to it. We ended up going all Craig Levein until February when Moore came back and El Alagui signed. By that time though St Mirren had turned it around at Raith happened to be slightly less shit than us.

I didn't want McCall to leave, I figured that if Brian Reid was allowed another crack at it then McCall should as well. Our squad this time around is the best we've had under McCall (on paper at least) so I'm hoping he can get us up and stay up.

Who knows maybe McCulloch will turn out to be a disaster and you'll end up in the Championship next year with us promoted.

Don't think I could handle 4 threads like this one though.

Going to be a tough year with hibs back up and as far as I've seen most teams straightening except the likes of Hamilton and ross county, so top 6 will be the target again but if we're being honest we'll take 7/8th

I've heard that ayr and killie would be in the same league next season for as Iong as i can remember [emoji23] maybe one day but I'm not convinced it'll be next season

Going to be a tough year with hibs back up and as far as I've seen most teams straightening except the likes of Hamilton and ross county, so top 6 will be the target again but if we're being honest we'll take 7/8th

I've heard that ayr and killie would be in the same league next season for as Iong as i can remember [emoji23] maybe one day but I'm not convinced it'll be next season

Your top 6th hopes will depend on how Hearts, St Johnstone and Partick do.

Hearts have seriously regressed under Cathro and I'm not sure he can turn it around. Swanson is a big miss for the Saints but Wright usually finds a way of keeping them up there and I'm not sure whether Thistle can repeat what they did last year.

Don't think you were that far off top 6 last year and that was after Coulibaly left in January so who knows what'll happen.

Fully expect Hamilton to finish bottom and Dundee to be in the play offs.

One day yer bubble will burst .but aslong as you have teams like hamilton ,ross county you will remain safe .dingwalls about the size of stewarton aswell how the hell do they manage it

Punctuation getting better, I'll give that a 4/10 for effort.

One day yer bubble will burst .but aslong as you have teams like hamilton ,ross county you will remain safe .dingwalls about the size of stewarton aswell how the hell do they manage it

25 year and were still going strong, one of only 3 teams that have never finished bottom of the spfl the other 2 being the old filth, pretty amazing givin the size of the town and how close we are to glasgow

Ross county pay scandalous wages for a team of there size and they played the loan system well for a good few year

Your top 6th hopes will depend on how Hearts, St Johnstone and Partick do.

Hearts have seriously regressed under Cathro and I'm not sure he can turn it around. Swanson is a big miss for the Saints but Wright usually finds a way of keeping them up there and I'm not sure whether Thistle can repeat what they did last year.

Don't think you were that far off top 6 last year and that was after Coulibaly left in January so who knows what'll happen.

St Johnstone are due a bad season but I think there to well managed, hearts have a big rebuilding job going on and there first few games being away won't help and there stand is still all but a shell looks a mile away, partick will be decent next year a think stick with them and we'll do just fine

I'd take that all day long a really fucking hate Hamilton and dundee

We have no idea what formation or lineup McCulloch will use. He stated at the supporters AGM he prefers 4-3-3 due to the amount of youngsters we have but would look to adapt if required.

We're not a big physical side, have 3-4 player all around 5' 7" height, but what we do have, Boyd aside, is pace all over the pitch and especially out wide.

Basically all we can be sure of is the quality we have now being far superior to anything we've had over the last 3-4 years.

The only concern I have is upfront, age has caught up with Boyd now, ideally I would like another striker, if not two, but can't see anything happening before Friday night ......

Uncle Roy's bank book, but he has publicly stated they are going to have to start funding their ins & outs in the next few years.

This could be a year they do an ICT as they lost a couple of players and a 20 plus goal a season striker in Boyce who can't be replaced in any team, outside the top 3 or 4, on the budgets the rest have to spend.

Your top 6th hopes will depend on how Hearts, St Johnstone and Partick do. Hearts have seriously regressed under Cathro and I'm not sure he can turn it around. Swanson is a big miss for the Saints but Wright usually finds a way of keeping them up there and I'm not sure whether Thistle can repeat what they did last year.

I wouldn't rule out Coulibaly returning further down the line, but depends on FIFA sanctions, if any, and it doesn't look like anything is happening soon on that front, he's moved back to Killie waiting to find out his future. 

He's apparently in constant contact with McCulloch, wants to sign for us, and was even at the friendly on Saturday against Livvy as a normal punter lol.

Archived