Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

40 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Back on topic then. We're roughly halfway through the week. If there's going to an announcement do we think it will be Thursday or Friday?

I'll take either. Will be good to get a bit of clarity on it ASAP. Heard various rumours but don't want to get too far ahead of things or excited given how everything has panned out to date. Could be a lot of mileage left in this thread 😐

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You and your mate have barrelled in here demanding to know who people are. That's concerning to me.

Demanding? Get a grip. I asked who the lads who were commentating on the video were. Who are you considering taking your concerns to? 

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Demanding? Get a grip. I asked who the lads who were commentating on the video were. Who are you considering taking your concerns to? 

This is quite the line of questioning - essentially saying "what the f**k are you going to do about it?"

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Do we know has any team officially applied to join the seniors/pyramid and if none are known do we think they have bene told to keep quite until it's publicly announced by the, suppose Lowland league

It's not at the stage of applications yet on the first bit only expressions of interest given there has been no announcement yet from the LL that a west division or divisions is being launched and applications are being accepted for it. Expressions of interest normally wouldn't be done publicly.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's not at the stage of applications yet on the first bit only expressions of interest given there has been no announcement yet from the LL that a west division or divisions is being launched and applications are being accepted for it. Expressions of interest normally wouldn't be done publicly.

Kl thanks for that
I think its a matter for each team and their view as in expressing and interest obviously Kilwinning, Clydebank, Petershill have shown interest in the past as I'm sure a few others have and definitely think each of those teams will have looked into it again recently

I honestly have no idea what you're on about. But why are you on about Talbot fans when my question is actually pretty valid to the bigger picture.

I see TJ's name being put about here by all the posters but no one really knows who you guys are. That my friend is a valid point. In all honestly you actually shouldn't get your hackles up about it because most of your posts I agree with . Anonymity on your part is probably a negative point in this whole thread.

TJ is in a position of authority in a national football association and has misrepresented it, that’s why he’s being named.

If David Baxter and Kenny MacLean are still pulling double duty as LL/EOS Secretary and fixture Secretary you can hopefully get both to do triple duty for a year. They would be the perfect people to guide the board in the requirements of senior football.
Then you vote in a board who can be set up to run things in a year. With the likes of Matt Bamford likely coming across he should be able to get enough support to be the inaugural President and has basic experience of fulfilling that role already.

No wonder we couldn't get a deal. 2 men serving 2 Associations.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

This is quite the line of questioning - essentially saying "what the f**k are you going to do about it?"

In all seriousness, you need to take a break from this. You’re seeing shadows. And just for the record, I haven’t swore at you, so don’t imply I have please.

Does anyone get the feeling, there will eventually (might even be next season) be a West Senior League that will feed in via a play-off with South League and East League and that the West Juniors will in years to come feed into that.

It (West Juniors) could have been Tier 5 (before Lowland League came along) if there had been a East/West Super League. It could even have been Tier 6 next season had the West gone it alone with Option W. Instead it will probably end up being Tier 7.

As far as im aware neither were on the PWG. And serve very specific job roles. You're clearly exaggerating their influence on decision making.
I didn't say that they were on the PWG.
Someone else said that they were on 2 Associations involved in the Pyramid process.
You're clearly underplaying their potential influence on decision making.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In all seriousness, you need to take a break from this. You’re seeing shadows. And just for the record, I haven’t swore at you, so don’t imply I have please.

I will not be silenced despite your best efforts

Edited by Marshmallo