Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

1 minute ago, sweep said:

I was using the Talbot game as an example of how it would affect junior teams in East Ayrshire. 

Yes I know which is why I'm asking because you could potentially lose this game next season or year after where as weat in at tier 6 youd still have the game 

It had already been pointed out that 3 Junior clubs share with 3 Senior clubs (Bo'ness, Sauchie and Sygenta). The EoS issue a fixture list and the Junior club works around that.    
syngenta don't share our park. They let it/hire its use from us

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes I know which is why I'm asking because you could potentially lose this game next season or year after where as weat in at tier 6 youd still have the game 

Who told you we would still have the game? Was it the man that told the west juniors that the LL league would back option z . There has been NO decision taken on that

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not much difference in Burntisland or Kelty have to go to Coldstream, Peebles, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth.

The EoS was an old established league that accepted in a mass of applicants and changed the league completely.

Everything's set up in terms of the pyramid structure and how it would operate.

Any West club winning the SoS championhip would fancy beating the EoS Premier champion in a two legged playoff. Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness could all be in the Lowland League, leaving Linlithgow as the last EoS team to have won the East Region Super League.

If the South & East Cup Winners Shield retains its Scottish Cup place then a West club would surely fancy their chances against a Crossgates/Sauchie who are some of the top EoS clubs that might contest the Alex Jack Cup.

I'm sure the West clubs preference is in creating something new, not reinventing something that already exists but it can't be dismissed.

Yeah, but these clubs all came from the EoS catchment area, and weren't using it as a passage of convenience until they got themselves sorted.

It's an option of course, but only if a WoS fails.

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

emoji2955.png syngenta don't share our park. They let it/hire its use from us emoji12.png

Yeah, yeah, yeah 😉

3 minutes ago, sweep said:

Who told you we would still have the game? Was it the man that told the west juniors that the LL league would back option z . There has been NO decision taken on that

Because everything would remain the same or are you telling us sjfa are wanting lugar to go bust

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because everything would remain the same or are you telling us sjfa are wanting lugar to go bust

Who told you everything would remain the same and when was the meeting held to discuss this?

Just now, sweep said:

Who told you everything would remain the same and when was the meeting held to discuss this?

Why should it not have (Junior Cup apart)? EoS / SoS all do their own thing cup-wise. 

39 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Who knows if the SoS even want 20 clubs from outwith their traditional catchment area.

If there's 20 clubs, form a WoSFL.

Fair enough. I'd hope for more though. I thought my suggestion allowed an evening out of standards and an opportunity for the more ambitious SoS to move over, rather than have the anomalous division having a promotion place that not many of them might want.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Yeah, but these clubs all came from the EoS catchment area, and weren't using it as a passage of convenience until they got themselves sorted.

It's an option of course, but only if a WoS fails.

Really, so when did the EoS have Fife and Perthshire teams for a prolonged period of time prior to the pyramid and licencing? Stirling only joined in 2008. There's more precedence of Dumfries and Galloway being a EoS catchment area than there was Fife until recently. Annan, Gretna 2008, Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Fair enough. I'd hope for more though. I thought my suggestion allowed an evening out of standards and an opportunity for the more ambitious SoS to move over, rather than have the anomalous division having a promotion place that not many of them might want.

It could happen.  I imagine every option is on the table for clubs to explore.

Groundshares are commonplace, and easily accomodated.
Indeed.

Apparently what was an issue for the Bankies, was not for Syngenta when the SJFA are in a rush to absorb teams in the East. They rent our park on a match by match basis. They most certainly don't own or have priority over it.

So that's not even a thing in the juniors.

4 minutes ago, sweep said:

If the West region juniors entered pyramid as a whole at tiers 6-9 then the only people that could get rid of Sectional LC would be the West Region Juniors.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Really, so when did the EoS have Fife and Perthshire teams for a prolonged period of time prior to the pyramid and licencing? Stirling only joined in 2008. There's more precedence of Dumfries and Galloway being a EoS catchment area than there was Fife until recently. Annan, Gretna 2008, Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers.

Fair point, but those clubs moved from the SoS into a stronger league.  Would they SoS want to be seen as a passage of covenience again for much stronger clubs? who knows.  We might never find out.

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Indeed.

Apparently what was an issue for the Bankies, was not for Syngenta when the SJFA are in a rush to absorb teams in the East. They rent our park on a match by match basis. They most certainly don't own or have priority over it.

So that's not even a thing in the juniors.

Linlithgow Rose Juniors don't even play at a ground that matches Junior criteria.

7 minutes ago, sweep said:

The West Region has already changed to fit into the Senior calendar. There shouldn't be any of this scaremongering to say entering the pyramid would mean any changes to the current set up beyond the loss of the Junior Cup.

Sectionals, West of Scotland Cup, Champions Cup can all remain. That's within the remit of the West Region committee and members as it always has been. The EoS even had their own Sectional League Cup last year that was the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

If the West region juniors entered pyramid as a whole at tiers 6-9 then the only people that could get rid of Sectional LC would be the West Region Juniors.

100% correct. It cannot be discussed until it happens. If it ever does

So in your wealth of knowledge who would get priority at Holm park if Clydebank left the juniors .The sjfa rule  states that the member club Must have priority. Clydebank would no longer be a member club

Both clubs have equal share over the priority of the park. The SJFA allowed and accommodated a BSC/Maryhill groundshare so it’s entirely feasible. Id hope the people behind Yoker would get behind a WOSL anyway. Anyway the SJFA rule is nonsense.

I am certain a new league will be formed, but my own personal opinion is that the SoS should be absorbed into the West structure. Ideally to me it's either a region at tied 8 or it becomes a conference within tier 6 of the WoS for one season.