Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

This i fear would would stop a lot of applications as a lot of clubs in the West are allready sceptical  of moving. In the East conferences were required as you were integrating ex juniors with current EOS clubs so these were required to be fair too all for the following season.

There is no reason the West cant join based on finishing league positions this season. Obviously if Darvel won there league they would rank higher than the club at the bottom of Superleague

There’s other teams interested out with the junior west, teams already in that association

4 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

This i fear would would stop a lot of applications as a lot of clubs in the West are allready sceptical  of moving. In the East conferences were required as you were integrating ex juniors with current EOS clubs so these were required to be fair too all for the following season.

There is no reason the West cant join based on finishing league positions this season. Obviously if Darvel won there league they would rank higher than the club at the bottom of Superleague

The problem though is that there might not just be juniors applying. Bonnyton Thistle & Caledonian Braves SoS might apply as a WoSFL would better suit them geographically, BSC Glasgow are rumoured to be interested in entering a team. There could be youth clubs taking this opportunity to get a senior team up (like Inverkeithing did in the EOS), there could be amateurs applying. The only fair way to fit them all in the structure would be seeded conferences imo.

Just now, Marten said:

The problem though is that there might not just be juniors applying. Bonnyton Thistle & Caledonian Braves SoS might apply as a WoSFL would better suit them geographically, BSC Glasgow are rumoured to be interested in entering a team. There could be youth clubs taking this opportunity to get a senior team up (like Inverkeithing did in the EOS), there could be amateurs applying. The only fair way to fit them all in the structure would be seeded conferences imo.

Also try asking them, the simple approach, you’d be surprised that clubs would grade themselves pretty accurately.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Can Caledonian Braves reserves be in a division directly below their first team, if both are run by the LL? Same with BSC.

I'd expect a WoSFL not being part of the LL, just run by the same people. It won't be much different to Stirling Uni EOS being at tier 6 until last season.

I think if they exceeded the numbers for a single division they would go the seeded conference route for a season. 
Or they just go with 16 clubs, although not sure it would be a good idea to turn clubs away (if there are more than 16 applicants)

I'd expect a WoSFL not being part of the LL, just run by the same people. It won't be much different to Stirling Uni EOS being at tier 6 until last season.
Stirling Uni first team are in LL, reserves in EoS. The WoSFL will be run by LL initially.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Can Caledonian Braves reserves be in a division directly below their first team, if both are run by the LL? Same with BSC.

The way to find out is to read the LL constitution.

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/lowland-league-rules/

B2 No club can have more than one team playing in the League or any other League which comes under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA Professional Game Board.

So not without a change to the constitution, but they would have to make some changes at their 2020 AGM to add extra divisions for 2020-21, so that isn't carved in stone.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

One of the original motivations behind the WOSFL was to get BSC reserves in. I don't see this as being the problem some people are trying to make out. 

Is David Baxter still Secretary of both the LL and EoS? And if he's not anymore it didn't make the EoS a division of the LL at the time did it.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
25 minutes ago, Marten said:

Stirling Uni first team are in LL, reserves in EoS. The WoSFL will be run by LL initially.

Yes, they will run it, but will it in a legal way be part of the LL? I wouldn't be surprised if they set up a separate organisation, initially run it by the same people as the LL, but legally separate. In that way it's also easier to just replace (some of) the people running it by people from WoSFL clubs.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The way to find out is to read the LL constitution.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-10.pdf

B2 No club can have more than one team playing in the League or any other League which comes under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA Professional Game Board.

And you've just skipped the bit of the constitution that caps membership at 16 members.

Almost as if it can be ripped up and amended just about whenever they want if there's agreement.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...which is why I subsequently added the part about them having to make changes at their AGM to add extra divisions and it not being carved in stone. As things stand though the answer is no.

This is why I think they'd rather just set up a separate WoSFL run by the same people to not have to go through the bother of rewriting the constitution and sorting out other complexities for one transitional season.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

This is why I think they'd rather just set up a separate WoSFL run by the same people to not have to go through the bother of rewriting the constitution and sorting out other complexities for one transitional season.

A separate WoSFL would need SFA sanctioning. It's easier to get it launched quickly by doing it through an existing league.

Along with David Baxter I think I'm right in saying during the time since the LL was created the EoS has had at least one other board member coming from a LL club.

I'm really not sure why there's all this fuss over potentially a board being put in place for a year then having a vote for new board members in 2021.

All you're largely doing is changing East to West on an existing constitution. Amending the LL pyramid playoff and mention of promotion and relegation in the LL.

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

One of the original motivations behind the WOSFL was to get BSC reserves in. I don't see this as being the problem some people are trying to make out. 

Is David Baxter still Secretary of both the LL and EoS? And if he's not anymore it didn't make the EoS a division of the LL at the time did it.

Depends if you consider the initial WoSFL as being an extension of the LL, given they will be running it.  I understand this issue is being looked into.

David Baxter does not run the EoS.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Along with David Baxter I think I'm right in saying during the time since the LL was created the EoS has had at least one other board member coming from a LL club.

I'm really not sure why there's all this fuss over potentially a board being put in place for a year then having a vote for new board members in 2021.

All you're largely doing is changing East to West on an existing constitution. Amending the LL pyramid playoff and mention of promotion and relegation in the LL.

Because all they are interested in is causing a stir up. Their will be a wosfl end of what's needing to be argued about 

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's no fuss  🙄

I was asking a question as someone I was talking to yesterday said reserve teams are becoming an issue.  I don't know if it is or not.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

The only thing that would concern me around the breakaway and we would obviously love to be involved In it in all probability is how do they decide a top league if 32 teams decide to jump ship , with what we have spent Over the last few years on and off the park and looks like we are getting promoted I’d hate to win the championship this season and I’m only talking hypothetically before someone jumps down my throat the 16 teams in the premiership all break away , would that mean we would be in the second division of the wosfl cause that would be very unfair 

Would be conferences I’d imagine for the first season. Fairest way to do it. Possibly need to seed the juniors which would be easy enough if outside teams that becomes more complicated.