Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Hearing things are moving very quickly with a positive meeting happening between the LL folks and some discussions with interested parties happening this week, watch this space but the initial stuff im hearing is very very positive and like a breath of fresh air!!
Exactly our experience of those involved in running both the LL and EOS since moving in 2018.

Fingers crossed for a wosfl next season.

If a WoS is set up for next season and West junior clubs start moving across then you have to think it will encourage some of the remaining East juniors clubs to move to the EoS as well.  

Edited by stanley

All this talk about wosl ,sosl ,ll ,and eosl isn't it time the sfa set up a league system that the clubs can vote on not pwg that's like turkeys voting for xmas an outside body setting up a league system for clubs to vote on those that dont like it stay or turn junior those that are for it jump on board I'm sure the system set up will sort its self out in due time but staying still gets you nowhere plus the big thing for the sfa and tj is they stay in charge of the overall game .

7 minutes ago, crfc said:

All this talk about wosl ,sosl ,ll ,and eosl isn't it time the sfa set up a league system that the clubs can vote on not pwg that's like turkeys voting for xmas an outside body setting up a league system for clubs to vote on those that dont like it stay or turn junior those that are for it jump on board I'm sure the system set up will sort its self out in due time but staying still gets you nowhere plus the big thing for the sfa and tj is they stay in charge of the overall game .

The SFA don't set-up leagues.  A WoSFL will plug the gap and deliver what you want.

2 hours ago, stanley said:

If a WoS is set up for next season and West junior clubs start moving across then you have to think it will encourage some of us remaining East juniors clubs to move to the EoS as well.  

Add to that the Northern Juniors' likely switch to the seniors as part of the Highland League half of the Pyramid. Beginning to look like the perfect storm heading the way of the SJFA. 

1 minute ago, Dev said:

Add to that the Northern Juniors' likely switch to the seniors as part of the Highland League half of the Pyramid. Beginning to look like the perfect storm heading the way of the SJFA. 

The SJFA will not disappear, they will continue to survive in a reduced form and perhaps they and the SAFA should look to operate more closely together to run the lower levels of the game.  There will be some Junior clubs who will not move and that is their right to choose.  The SJFA is not a poor Association.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SJFA will not disappear, they will continue to survive in a reduced form and perhaps they and the SAFA should look to operate more closely together to run the lower levels of the game.  There will be some Junior clubs who will not move and that is their right to choose.  The SJFA is not a poor Association.

Indeed. Agreed.

11 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

"if it was good enough for my grandfather..."

I actually heard that at a committee meeting once.

outside lavvies...leaving school at 14...no shoes in the winter...sleeping 4 to a bed...half your children dying before the age of 5...bashing yer granny about on pay night...great days!

Just a poorly run Association at present.

1 hour ago, crfc said:

There's already a league system in place that seems to work reasonably well and which most non league clubs seem happy with and which the juniors were invited to when the Lowland League was set up. I don't see a need for a revamp. And "add on" (WoSL) not an overhaul.

The only thing that would concern me around the breakaway and we would obviously love to be involved In it in all probability is how do they decide a top league if 32 teams decide to jump ship , with what we have spent Over the last few years on and off the park and looks like we are getting promoted I’d hate to win the championship this season and I’m only talking hypothetically before someone jumps down my throat the 16 teams in the premiership all break away , would that mean we would be in the second division of the wosfl cause that would be very unfair 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

The only thing that would concern me around the breakaway and we would obviously love to be involved In it in all probability is how do they decide a top league if 32 teams decide to jump ship , with what we have spent Over the last few years on and off the park and looks like we are getting promoted I’d hate to win the championship this season and I’m only talking hypothetically before someone jumps down my throat the 16 teams in the premiership all break away , would that mean we would be in the second division of the wosfl cause that would be very unfair 

I think if they exceeded the numbers for a single division they would go the seeded conference route for a season. 

If they get a crap load of teams then they may take the EOS approach when they had the influx of junior teams. Teams split across conferences with the top x finishing teams forming the premier then rest forming the tier 7 below for the next season.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think if they exceeded the numbers for a single division they would go the seeded conference route for a season. 

This i fear would would stop a lot of applications as a lot of clubs in the West are allready sceptical  of moving. In the East conferences were required as you were integrating ex juniors with current EOS clubs so these were required to be fair too all for the following season.

There is no reason the West cant join based on finishing league positions this season. Obviously if Darvel won there league they would rank higher than the club at the bottom of Superleague

4 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

This i fear would would stop a lot of applications as a lot of clubs in the West are allready sceptical  of moving. In the East conferences were required as you were integrating ex juniors with current EOS clubs so these were required to be fair too all for the following season.

There is no reason the West cant join based on finishing league positions this season. Obviously if Darvel won there league they would rank higher than the club at the bottom of Superleague

It's unlikely to happen that way anyway because too many are junior clubs