Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

42 minutes ago, edinabear said:

You were so close in finishing a post without asking a question but you just couldn't make it!

It was a question !    Perhaps this wording is clearer for you/others :

Do you know if the NRJFA clubs are currently reconsidering their (earlier) decision not to join the pyramid......as has been rumoured on this forum ?

Better, I hope.

Was that a question, demand, lecture or all three? 
No demand or lecture, it was a simple description if how a joining process works. The questions were regarding your evidence based approach and understanding of how pwg have been progressed.

It would appear that when posed with reality or difficult questions that ask for some form of evidence you wish to deflect and minimise.

Which is unfortunate.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The plan seems to be to keep the SoS at tier 5 beside the new WoS that the LL appear to be organising and the existing EoS. Suspect it would only be Bonnyton Thistle and the Caledonian Braves reserve team moving to the new WoS.

SoS at tier 6 surely....

9 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

SoS at tier 6 surely....

Yes indeed.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The plan seems to be to keep the SoS at tier 5 beside the new WoS that the LL appear to be organising and the existing EoS. Suspect it would only be Bonnyton Thistle and the Caledonian Braves reserve team moving to the new WoS.

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

SOS is tier 6.

That only started relatively recently when I started posting about how Option Z could be made to work as long as the LL agreed to split and some people of depressingly low IQ thought that meant I was some sort of SJFA stooge/secret agent or whatever. Not going to lose any sleep over red and green dots.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

That only started relatively recently when I started posting about how Option Z could be made to work as long as the LL agreed to split and some people of depressingly low IQ thought that meant I was some sort of SJFA stooge/secret agent or whatever. Not going to lose any sleep over red and green dots.
Yeah, that's why it was. [emoji846]

Nothing to do with your fantasist musings, continual misrepresentation of the reality of pretty much every situation or your flip flopping to a different point of view as it became clear, as everyone had been pointing out for months, you had been talking utter shite.

Nothing to do with that at all, definitely because everyone else is stupid. [emoji1787]

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Thornton Hibs, Kennoway, Lochore Welfare, Rosyth and Lochgelly, let's just say I'd be surprised if all 5 of them are in the ERJFA next season.  Therefore to answer your question, I'd be surprised if West Lothian would want to hook up with Tayside again.

I recall a Newburgh supporter on one of these threads saying that he thought that Newburgh would go with the flow i.e. if the majority of the remaining Fife clubs move to the EoS then they would go too. If not they would be happy to carry on with no change.

If BM 's hint proves to be correct then, of the current Fife ERJFA clubs there's only Tayport, Newburgh and Kirckcaldy & Dysart left in the ERJFA region. The latter two look short of alternatives to making the switch too? That would leave the south of Tay Bridge clubs almost wholly in or close to West Lothian and significantly detached from other Juniors.

What would Scone Thistle and Tayport do as they are south of the Tay Bridge?

Is your neck brass?

Are you a town clock?

Exactly how many different versions of events have you peddled? You have changed tact and meddling like the wind.

And yet we are all stupid.

You gave the game away a few posts back aswell regarding a certain welfare centre near larbert. [emoji106] going well for you this.

16 minutes ago, Dev said:

I recall a Newburgh supporter on one of these threads saying that he thought that Newburgh would go with the flow i.e. if the majority of the remaining Fife clubs move to the EoS then they would go too. If not they would be happy to carry on with no change.

If BM 's hint proves to be correct then, of the current Fife ERJFA clubs there's only Tayport, Newburgh and Kirckcaldy & Dysart left in the ERJFA region. The latter two look short of alternatives to making the switch too? That would leave the south of Tay Bridge clubs almost wholly in or close to West Lothian and significantly detached from other Juniors.

It doesn't take many more dominoes to tip for a two division format to be untenable for the south section and four of the teams left at that point are the new ex-amateur club teams playing in Sauchie, Denny, Bo'ness and Lithgae. If the EoS want to kill off the ERSJFA as a credible competitor south of the Tay once and for all, one more season of conferences at tier 7 should do the trick.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It doesn't take many more dominoes to tip for a two division format to be untenable for the south section and four of the teams left at that point are the new teams playing in Sauchie, Denny, Bo'ness and Lithgae. If the EoS want to kill off the ERSJFA as a credible competitor south of the Tay once and for all, one more season of conferences at tier 7 should do the trick.

They've already got 24 clubs below the EoS Premier and Eyemouth are hoping to return. It's probably more attractive to have a proper EoS First from the current conferences. Then have new clubs come into the EoS Second which if it gets enough members can split regionally.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

No demand or lecture, it was a simple description if how a joining process works. The questions were regarding your evidence based approach and understanding of how pwg have been progressed.

It would appear that when posed with reality or difficult questions that ask for some form of evidence you wish to deflect and minimise.

Which is unfortunate.

Your debating yourself apperently 

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I didn't realise the EoSL and the East Region juniors were in "competition".

Guess that is a moot point in many ways now that Option Z is dead and there is zero chance of the East Region becoming a parallel east feeder to the LL at tier 6. The east region south of the Tay is destined to become like the juveniles did towards the end of its existance or the welfare FA is now. An anachronism that has lost its relevance.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

31 minutes ago, Dev said:

I imagine a sensible approach will be taken here, and Tayport will probably be offered the chance to go with the Dundee clubs.

20 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Confirmation bias is a hazard.

My own position, for what it is worth, is not far off Andy from Talbot's. Were I able to watch Lok week in, week out (and family circumstance prevents it), I would enjoy the local familiarity of games. I would enjoy the fact that i would be able to leave for most away games no earlier than 12 and be home no later than 6. I would not relish watching Lok struggle like Brechin City this season.

But I do believe in the virtues of the pyramid, in teams finding their level.

The SJFA is a pyramid in its own right. I don't see why there should be a concrete ceiling above it. That concrete ceiling has a hatch that allows Junior league winners and the cup winner through, but it is temporary.

The SJFA has a proud history but it served a purpose in the past and in the amalgamation of the future, has not shown the leadership required (IMO) to stake a place. That leadership was (IMO) assuming responsibility and control for ALL football below the Lowland and Highland Leagues. The East of Scotland League was severely wounded by their big guns doing in 2013 what the East Junior big guns (and the rest) did to their own leagues in 2018. It was emaciated. It was evicerated. But even though that league, shorn of all its big names departing for the Lowland League, was ripe for a takeover, the SJFA didn't act because they were not on board with the pyramid. Teams showing interest were threatened with multi-division relegation upon any future return to the SJFA.

That failure to act decisively was (IMO) a fatal error that leads us to the current situation where they find themselves, effectively cast aside from having a say with the disbandment of the PWG. I am sure it would have suited the SFA for that to have happened, for the SJFA to have assumed responsibility and control for all football below that level. When it came to it, what the SFA chief executives might have wanted couldn't happen because the EoS had quite firmly established itself as the de facto feeder in the East.

My understanding is there were discussions about a decade ago, perhaps less, between some east and west juniors over an east/west super league. The east were kean, but there was little enthusiasm in the west. I think the east clubs probably had the incentive to do something, while the west was happy with the status quo.

My understanding is there were discussions about a decade ago, perhaps less, between some east and west juniors over an east/west super league. The east were kean, but there was little enthusiasm in the west. I think the east clubs probably had the incentive to do something, while the west was happy with the status quo.

I was in the room for the meeting and the lack of enthusiasm was from certain clubs in the west from a certain part.

It was mentioned at the time that this could have been alongside the lowland league with the champions playing off against each other and the winner moving the play the highland league winner for the right to playoff for SFL entry. Frankly some of the posts made on here about facilities and travel time were raised then!!

The proposal was interesting and worth further consideration but due to the attitude of certain clubs it was killed that night!!