Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Is it any wonder things broke down or otherwise with such hostility surrounding the subject? Here's hoping cooler heids prevail. 

Any wonder things broke down when the information provided to SJFA clubs was fabrication, meaning they backed a proposal that was never going to be accepted at PWG.

Any wonder things broke down when the SJFA continue to refuse to compromise, "all-in or none in".

Is it any wonder there's going to be a WoSFL.............

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

we can always discuss the Future of the East Juniors instead. For example, will the ERJFA discontinue its North/South divisional divide, and reinstate a vertical structure with an integrated Super League, instead ? 

Thornton Hibs, Kennoway, Lochore Welfare, Rosyth and Lochgelly, let's just say I'd be surprised if all 5 of them are in the ERJFA next season.  Therefore to answer your question, I'd be surprised if West Lothian would want to hook up with Tayside again.

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Thornton Hibs, Kennoway, Lochore Welfare, Rosyth and Lochgelly, let's just say I'd be surprised if all 5 of them are in the ERJFA next season.  Therefore to answer your question, I'd be surprised if West Lothian would want to hook up with Tayside again.

It's only a matter of time before ERJFA is pretty much exclusively Tayside. I already don't like this split as I'd like a better variety in opposition, so this isn't something I'm very happy about. I'd rather have Tayside merge with the NRJFA instead of staying on its own.

18 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Pretty much, except there will only be 3 leagues, Premier with West and SoS below....

The plan seems to be to keep the SoS at tier 6 beside the new WoS that the LL appear to be organising and the existing EoS. Suspect it would only be Bonnyton Thistle and the Caledonian Braves reserve team moving to the new WoS.

Edit: fixed tier 5 to tier 6.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's only a matter of time before ERJFA is pretty much exclusively Tayside. I already don't like this split as I'd like a better variety in opposition, so this isn't something I'm very happy about. I'd rather have Tayside merge with the NRJFA instead of staying on its own.

I agree, the ERJFA will become the TJFA over time.  That said, the Brechin situation (if they go down) might have an effect on matters if they're allowed to "choose" the LL.   Even then I'm not sure there's much desire for the EoS to cover Tayside and Angus, but you never know.

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Is that what they actually did though?

Obviously none of us are privy to everything that went on, but it certainly seems so...from day one their position seems to have been more about preservation of their Junior fiefdom rather than representing the best interests of the clubs, who voted fairly overwhelmingly to seek pyramid entry but have been presented with roadblock after confected roadblock in order to kick the can further down the road each year.

In a perverse sort of way they've succeeded I suppose...I've no doubt there will still be an SJFA of sorts - and some blazerati jobs - continuing regardless of what happens, but it'll be a backwater doomed to increasing irrelevance as the majority of its better sides will have long gone.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I agree, the ERJFA will become the TJFA over time.  That said, the Brechin situation (if they go down) might have an effect on matters if they're allowed to "choose" the LL.   Even then I'm not sure there's much desire for the EoS to cover Tayside and Angus, but you never know.

Burnie,only place Brechin are going is the SHFL,as they should,travelling excuse for heading north is now dead due to the new AWPR.

I look forward,as do the rest of the Valley boys in visiting Glebe park next season.

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Burnie,only place Brechin are going is the SHFL,as they should,travelling excuse for heading north is now dead due to the new AWPR....

You know that for a fact or are you just stating your opinion on how it should be? Strongly suspect any boundary move died with option Z but it's also a PGB level issue rather than just a PWG one, so that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

It's more than likely it will stay as is LTL.

If the boundary go "s any further north it will be lopsided due to Scotlands demographic's.

Brechin can still save themselves but I know from speaking to Vale fans and other SHFL clubs fans that Glebe park if City do go down is gonna be a trip many will be taking.

17 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Burnie,only place Brechin are going is the SHFL,as they should,travelling excuse for heading north is now dead due to the new AWPR.

I look forward,as do the rest of the Valley boys in visiting Glebe park next season.

Agreed, but Scottish fitba politics at play here. 

I guess the other argument is that the rule on HL/LL dividing line cannot be changed until AGM and therefore apply from next season.  Same scenario as applied to the LL trying to change rules mid season to save Whitehill.

12 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Of what? Your seemingly all knowing truth? It's easy to get carried away but it's important for all of us to stick to the facts however uncomfortable they are. It worries me, should worry others that clubs futures are being swayed by things on P&B that might infact not be true.  

In case anyone missed it, Talbot have published their statement on the Non League Scotland website.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Quite so. The point here is that it seems unlikely that the ERJFA will return to an integrated Tayside/West Lothian Superleague structure.  As far as I can recall, their current North/South regional division setup, has been officially ruled out by the PWG (SFA ?) as not acceptable at Tier 6 in the pyramid.

By promoting the 'requirement' that the West & East Regions, must join the pyramid "together", the SJFA  is deliberately trying to prevent a Junior 'consensus', about its clubs joining for 2020/21 (and beyond ?). 

Does anyone on here , doubt that this stance makes a PWG agreement impossible, and therefore, the formation of a WoS League, becomes inevitable ?

Edited by Robert James
typo

The boundary is an issue for the PGB so SPFL, Highland and Lowland.

Brechin get relegated to the Highland by the Lowland champion winning the play-off. That probably suits both Highland and Lowland right now. Highland goes back to 18, they don't fear an annual trip to Wick why would Brechin be any different. The Lowland doesn't have to relegate a member. The only one that fears being negatively effected is Brechin City.

Not sure why the boundary would change.

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

the formation of a WoS League, becomes inevitable ?

I think it became inevitable a couple of years ago when the East region exodus happened.

That the senior folk in the SJFA still cannot see it, and are actively trying to prevent it, just confirms that they are men out of time.

46 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That's just a twitter feed Robert that picks-up the latest club tweets.

Yes I know.

I was merely reminding everyone that the SJFA, was responsible for the failure to obtain a PWG consensus. TJ's 'creative' statement, ignored the fact that the ERJFA is unlikely to get its clubs to re-establish an integrated East Junior Super League anytime soon, if ever..