Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

Is that breakaway forum still running? Forgot to bookmark it. Can't find it.

3 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

died a death, last post was December 24th 2019. not a sniff about this.

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I agree 100% with your views, and a West league free from the SJFA's involvement, is the ideal outcome.

But we aren't there yet.  TJ & co aren't going to surrender, and only 2 junior clubs have come forward so far. This is just the start of a west pyramid process,  and  there is a lot to do if this new senior league can be delivered in time for next season. 

Will there be enough junior clubs who declare they will join a WoSL in time for season ? Someone needs to coordinate its creation, now.  There is a lot to do, and time is short, as it is February tomorrow.

And there will be pressure placed on all the junior clubs by the SJFA, especially around the 'fear factor'.  IMO new SJFA promises will be issued, to cause delay, and confusion.  I  knew (first hand from the club itself), the pressure that the Bankies were put under when they previously applied to join the EoSL.  However, things have moved on considerably since then, and the SoSL (or the EoSL)  is a safety net for clubs, if the WoSL can't be delivered in time for next season, despite the very best intentions of the interested clubs.

Kilwinning & Clydebank need to be congratulated, and publicly supported now by other clubs, who also want to leave the juniors and join the pyramid.

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't see that TJ/SJFA have a great deal of leverage left now. Any club who has genuine ambitions of joining the pyramid will no longer believe he can deliver that. The only thing left is for him to threaten expulsion to clubs who apply to leave. That would alienate others in the process.

I genuinely believe now that option Z was floated and put across to the juniors as a likely outcome, knowing it would be rejected elsewhere and this would allow the people dealing with it to shut out the SJFA. TJ has been outflanked by them because he was too busy trying to outflank many of his own to realise what was happening.

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

From what I understand it is, but has a similar post rate to the last time I looked at the old Scottish Juniors Yahoo group where one guy was still doggedly posting his team's match reports to an audience of nobody.

Turns out there's not much to talk about when you've got to toe the owner's party line...who saw that coming?

A lot of folk signed up initially, but it would seem mostly for shits'n'giggles...given the owner's Twitterplosion last night you can hardly blame them.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't see that TJ/SJFA have a great deal of leverage left now. Any club who has genuine ambitions of joining the pyramid will no longer believe he can deliver that. The only thing left is for him to threaten expulsion to clubs who apply to leave. That would alienate others in the process.

I genuinely believe now that option Z was floated and put across to the juniors as a likely outcome, knowing it would be rejected elsewhere and this would allow the people dealing with it to shut out the SJFA. TJ has been outflanked by them because he was too busy trying to outflank many of his own to realise what was happening.

Interesting. I hope you are right.

There hasn’t been any information from the SJFA. After it was mentioned on here the Buffs Secretary called Tom Johnstone to confirm the P&B details which he did.
I'd say I'm suprised at TJ not informing his members but honestly I'm not.

7 minutes ago, ibenji said:

died a death, last post was December 24th 2019. not a sniff about this.

Cheers, I was really after a link, but if there's no reaction to the latest news then it doesn't matter.

OK, those who know the west better than me can probably help.  Out of the West Superleague clubs, which one's could potentially meet licence requirements by February next year to guarantee Scottish Cup entry for 2021-2022 (and LL play-off entry) and who out with the Superleague?  Main requirements obviously being floodlights, cover for 100, changing rooms to accomodate 22 players, bigger refs rooms, male/female/disabled toilets, medical room, disabled cover.

Clydebank

Beith

Hurlford

Benburb

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Cumnock

Kilwinning Rangers

Irvine Meadow

Rob Roy

Glenafton

Largs Th

Troon

Rossvale

Auchinleck Talbot

Rutherglen Glencairn

Pollok

Edited by Burnie_man

Pollok are miles off it for a multitude of reasons. Petershill should definitely be on that list.

Edited by Marshmallo

Benburb(And Rossvale, given they groundshare) can't be a million miles from it.

We need to do a bit more work on Holm Park but it would definitely be achievable in that time frame. That would obviously put Yoker in about it as well.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

OK, those who know the west better than me can probably help.  Out of the West Superleague clubs, which one's could potentially meet licence requirements by February next year to guarantee Scottish Cup entry for 2021-2022 (and LL play-off entry) and who out with the Superleague?  Main requirements obviously being floodlights, cover for 100, changing rooms to accomodate 22 players, bigger refs rooms, male/female/disabled toilets, medical room, disabled cover.

Clydebank

Beith

Hurlford

Benburb

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Cumnock

Kilwinning Rangers

Irvine Meadow

Rob Roy

Glenafton

Largs Th

Troon

Rossvale

Auchinleck Talbot

Rutherglen Glencairn

Pollok

Rob Roy groundshare with Cumbernauld United. It's not quite in their hands in the same way as others.

Rossvale groundshare at Benburb as their place in bishopbriggs wasn't considered good enough for the Premiership. What usually gets said about Benburb is the need for cover.

Girvan outside the Premiership presumably just needs lights having kept up with licencing otherwise so far.

Maryhill was considered good enough for when BSC got licenced originally. Again some requirements may have moved on.

Petershill as mentioned elsewhere. 

Technically Yoker if they fancied it I suppose. Most of the big ticket items are covered. It's just the details.

Clydebank
Beith
Hurlford
Benburb
Kilbirnie Ladeside
Cumnock
Kilwinning Rangers
Irvine Meadow
Rob Roy
Glenafton
Largs Th
Troon
Rossvale
Auchinleck Talbot
Rutherglen Glencairn
Pollok
Carluke in the 3rd tier play at a council athletics facility so should meet most criteria. Greenock in same division play at Ravenscraig which got a £1.7 million upgrade for the commonwealth games. Lastly in same division Maryhill's Lochburn Park I believe would meet the majority of the criteria listed.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hope clubs dont feel the need to move if they dont want to, im sure there will still be enough clubs for 2/3 junior leagues to play the east in the Scottish etc.

The thing is if sjfa got in at tier 6 as a whole lugar would still get their games vs big guns for a few years now its possible they may lose them all together. 

I have a feeling a few go some will follow. If talbot go expect an avalanche 

Out of interest, which club are you supporting? I've lived in England for quite a few years and watched a fair amount of non-league football. When thinking of the current SJFA shambles, I can't help but think of the Northern League in England who ended up joining the pyramid much lower than they could have if they took part from the start...

I used to be involved in the Northern League back then before moving up here two decades ago. It’s funny I’ve been watching this situation up here and thinking the similarities of what you mention. Two men held the Northern League back all those years ago. They wanted us feeding into the Conference which was an absolute ridiculous demand knowing they wouldn’t back down and gave them a reason not to join the pyramid.
But after two of the big guns upped sticks and left followed by another two the next season the writing was on the wall. We ended up a level lower than we were offered.

32 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Clydebank

Beith

Hurlford

Benburb

Kilbirnie Ladeside

Cumnock

Kilwinning Rangers

Irvine Meadow

Rob Roy

Glenafton

Largs Th

Troon

Rossvale

Auchinleck Talbot

Rutherglen Glencairn

Pollok

Talbot have approval for floodlights  which according to their website,  will be erected before next season.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The thing is if sjfa got in at tier 6 as a whole lugar would still get their games vs big guns for a few years now its possible they may lose them all together. 

I have a feeling a few go some will follow. If talbot go expect an avalanche 

Auchinleck's line has always been the will follow but not lead. They're happy where they are.

Right now Clydebank and Kilwinning go. They'll probably be thinking 14 team Premiership that'd suit their cup runs :)

Few more though and I'm sure they leave.

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Rob Roy groundshare with Cumbernauld United. It's not quite in their hands in the same way as others.

Rossvale groundshare at Benburb as their place in bishopbriggs wasn't considered good enough for the Premiership. What usually gets said about Benburb is the need for cover.

Girvan outside the Premiership presumably just needs lights having kept up with licencing otherwise so far.

Maryhill was considered good enough for when BSC got licenced originally. Again some requirements may have moved on.

Petershill as mentioned elsewhere. 

Technically Yoker if they fancied it I suppose. Most of the big ticket items are covered. It's just the details.

Largs, Renfrew, Port Glasgow, Ashfield & Ardrossan must tick a few major boxes as well.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Auchinleck's line has always been the will follow but not lead. They're happy where they are.

Right now Clydebank and Kilwinning go. They'll probably be thinking 14 team Premiership that'd suit their cup runs :)

Few more though and I'm sure they leave.

Much like in the East a couple of years ago....a surprising amount of sides had already left before Linlithgow and Bo'ness declared themselves. I get the impression the two clubs were playing chicken with each other across the flints and seeing who would blink first.

Once it becomes clear that what remains - and I've no doubt that much like in the East something will - is no longer a viable or attractive environment in which to operate, pragmatism and self preservation will kick in.