Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Generally speaking working groups are task with making recommendations in my experience elsewhere. So did this fall apart prior to the recommendations being made to the SFA or did it make recommendations that some parties did not agree with>?

The juniors were fully represented on the PWG, along with the non-league seniors. There weren't any "recommendations", there were topics to discuss as a working party, a recommendation would be what the PWG would give to the SFA once they had a consensus amongst the attendees.

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

I’ll try to clarify - I’m Derek (Mozza) from the podcast.

I was more referring to comments made over the last few years, both public and private, in which certain people have stated that the region (at least in part) should enter at Tier 5 as the quality of the Premiership was on par with the Lowland. 

This obviously can’t happen in practice as all Tier 5 sides must be licensed. IIRC the option was included in one of the questionnaires sent to member clubs however.

thanks Mozza, yeah the comment when I said 'would never happen' as I should have elaborated what you said that the clubs weren't licensed for that level thus couldn't go in at Tier 5.
Enjoyed the podcast it will be good to get various junior men in the podcast but ones who are not blinkered and know the full realms of the potentials of joining the pyramid and also ones with good reasons not to join.  In order for people to understand any viewpoint we also need to understand why they come to their viewpoint and these make it a lot easier and open for discussion, creating an ideal honest approach

Just now, pipedreamer said:

The west Region was offered to enter the pyramid while a solution to the rest was sought, option W in the list of proposals for discussion,  Tom Johnstone blocked this. the tier 6 juniors proposal was included at the insistence of him, even though it was rejected unanimously the previous year.

He knows fine we’ll what he’s doing and as long as there are sheep in the west who will follow him blindly, he’ll continue to stifle progression in order to keep is cushty job. 

WRSJFA would have entered the pyramid intact next season, except for one man’s veto, and it wasn’t the LL or EoS...

Maybe the clubs should have voted for this, rather than voting how they thought the Management Committee wanted them to vote.

Well Kilwinning seem to be believe what was written on here...
Funny reading a comment on Auchinleck's facebook - "The two clubs who have put their heads above the parapet so far are serious under achievers at our level" - I do recall similar things being said when Dalkeith etc made public their intention to move two years ago.
735086075_Screenshot_2020-02-03(13)KilwinningRangersFC-Posts.png.16dfa24efeb5eb8ee0083b8eda227cf8.png

Serious under achievers?lol. We’ve won more cups in 18 years of football than some junior clubs have in almost a hundred.

So in somewhat collective summary what folk are saying is there was no recommendations by the pwg and it is false because the whole thing fell apart before they could. TJ lied regarding this to everyone. However there is no direct evidence of this but folk have told other folk and a chairman tweeted something that may have been to do with it?

5 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

The juniors were fully represented on the PWG, along with the non-league seniors. There weren't any "recommendations", there were topics to discuss as a working party, a recommendation would be what the PWG would give to the SFA once they had a consensus amongst the attendees.

Probably true, but has the PWG been "disbanded" as stated on here ?.  Only the SFA can confirm if that is true or not.

Junior clubs need to know, in order that they know the position, and can decide what action, if any, they need to take now. Their fans deserve to know as well.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Serious under achievers?lol. We’ve won more cups in 18 years of football than some junior clubs have in almost a hundred.

More winding up on here.. I could quote a hundred things of different clubs facebook comments, doesn't mean anyone actually feels that way.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Probably true, but has the PWG been "disbanded" as stated on here ?.  Only the SFA can confirm if that is true or not.

Junior clubs need to know, in order that they know the position, and can decide what action, if any, they need to take now. Their fans deserve to know as well.

There was a picture of the kilwinning facebook account saying they had contacted TJ and he confirmed it was disbanded. 3rd or 4th hand.

Good to see poster TFW stirring it on the Talbot facebook, having a pop at Kilwinning for not having won anything in twenty years and claiming the Bankies support is split on what to do next. 

That would be the Bankies support who voted overwhelmingly at an egm 2 years ago to join the pyramid. I was one of only 3 people to vote against the proposal and my vote against was because the proposal didnt have us leaving quick enough as did one of the other voters. A current poll on our messageboard has 80 votes in 2 days, 75 for leaving 5 for staying, some of those 5 are trolls. Hardly split.

33 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Quoting Facebook comments, intentions and a snap shot of Kilwinning confirming the PWG was disbanded is not evidence of Kilwinning beilving everything written on here?

Buffs won the Scottish Cup before Talbot we’re formed ;)

On another note: we saw information on this thread and called the association to clarify, and they did.

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

There was a picture of the kilwinning facebook account saying they had contacted TJ and he confirmed it was disbanded. 3rd or 4th hand.

So you're basing everything off of 2nd hand information. Stuff that TJ or Iain McQueen told you.

Kilwinning Rangers FB which is probably being run by someone on the committee contacted TJ and said it was disbanded. Potentially 2nd hand as well.