Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The only person that ever uses the "SFA directive" line is TJ. In April 2018 when the moratorium on licensing was imposed and the SJFA were saying they were guaranteed entry at Tier 6 at a "minimum". The SFA actually came out with clarification email as they were obviously being chased for a comment by their members of all these guarantees the SJFA supposedly been given.

There's no mention of a directive in it.

image.thumb.png.2d24992af9c632ffac0d8baf274b7103.png

So in short, there is no directive.

Lurker proven to be spreading lies and attempting to muddy the water again.

How many times is that now? I'd say I was surprised but I'm really not. Continues to be funny though

[emoji1781]

4 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

So Talbot want in to the Pyramid, but they want to do so as members of the SJFA.  Which is going to be the more important to them?

if it follows the script in the east they'll probably wind up doing what Bo'ness, Lithgae and Broxburn did and apply at the very last minute with Cumnock and Glenafton after a series of panic striken phonecalls between committe members once they realise all the other dominos have tipped and they would be left playing the likes of Lugar, Craigmark and Muirkirk otherwise.

48 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

So do you think this will have any influence on the LL decision on whether to push towards at WOSL?

When TJ gets rattled expect outbursts  such as this from him and his supporters. It was the same when east clubs left for the EoS two years ago. 

It's an encouraging sign in a way and it helps junior clubs to better understand what's being going on. 

Now it will be death by a thousand cuts for the juniors - but he clearly isn't bothered about that.

As for Talbot they will go with the flow when push comes to shove because they understand that their loyalty is being taken advantage of.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

if it follows the script in the east they'll probably wind up doing what Bo'ness, Lithgae and Broxburn did and apply at the very last minute with Cumnock and Glenafton after a series of panic striken phonecalls between committe members once they realise all the other dominos have tipped and they would be left playing the likes of Lugar, Craigmark and Muirkirk otherwise.

They would enjoy that. 'Best Team In Auchinleck' is all they seem to care about.

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So in short, there is no directive.

Lurker proven to be spreading lies and attempting to muddy the water again.

How many times is that now? I'd say I was surprised but I'm really not. Continues to be funny though

emoji1781.png

The SFA Directive line seems to stem from the January 2019 PWG meeting when it was clear everything was going against the SJFA.

TJ asked IM to alert the Scottish FA Board to the direction of travel as he felt, due to the concerns raised at this meeting, that there could be an issue with the working group being able to comply with a Board directive

But when you go back to when he was giving his 'kosher' news update about the SJFA being at Tier 6 he only described the SFA Board as agreeing in principle. Which isn't a directive is it? Its more a lets try and make this happen.

image.thumb.png.ad3af9a309da0c09f28f63c9e7e43e8c.png

18 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

There may be a few teams thinking that a WoSL without Talbot is a more level playing field than the West Premier is at the moment. Auchinleck’s statement, if it does encourage some more teams to apply, could actually force themselves to follow. Then again..... it may not 😀

Maybe they are keeping the SOS league as a possibly entry point if the WOS gets filled up before they can respond.

I don't really see the problem with Talbot sticking with TJ and the SJFA if that's what they want. Personally its idiotic to do so to keep with an association who have misrepresented their members. Talbot getting a few slaggings here but that doesn't help the only thing they have done wrong, which is important by the way,  is  in reality, its just the wording of the statement that is soo, so wrong and misleading. Again if I was a fan of a club and one of my committee men put this out I really would not want him involved in the club.  There will be clubs leaving but I'm sure they would rather just go straight to a new WOS but the first in will really be consolidating their position for the chance of progression.  This will make a few mind sup of some teams who want to leave and some who want to stay and some who are unsure.

10 minutes ago, andy25 said:

What's Polloks view then ?

A few of the committee have stated that they know its coming and are preparing for it and as one committee member stated if they get the chance to do so then they should jump at the chance but that could also mean they will but want to make sure they are covering all their bases organising their club for the move , quite rightly so.  As long as they know they can thrive and grow in the level they are at then they are for it

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Interestingly, Talbot's statement is still not on their official club website or Twitter, it only appears on their Facebook as far as I can see.

Having said that, Talbot's website also says their next match is away to Glencairn, when the match is actually at Auchinleck. [emoji849]

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
25 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Supporting the SJFA in these circumstances is like hanging on to the railings as the Titanic sinks, just because the band on deck have yet to play your request.

Celine Dion with a rendition of 'My Grade Will Go On'?

Ice Ice Gradey