Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
4 minutes ago, Robert James said:
BSC Glasgow Reserves would surely apply to join a WoSL, having raised the issue of the need for a senior West League a few years ago.

Wouldn't think so as their reserve team joined SPFL Reserve League 2 this season

Where do BSC Reserves play their home matches ?

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Got told a good bit of information today on a new wosl and all I can say is watch this space and RIP SJFA ! 

TJ  happy retirement 😇

Is this pish? Not for me to say, but probably yes.

Hopefully it's true, but I think the clubs from what's been said publicly (and probably privately) have finally lost patience. 

Bring on the WoSFL.

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

Where do BSC Reserves play their home matches ?

Alloa. Due to same ground restrictions as the first team. WoS league wouldn't have the same restrictions so potentially a team could play at a non licenced venue in Glasgow. 

BSC Glasgow Reserves would surely apply to join a WoSL, having raised the issue of the need for a senior West League a few years ago.
But if reserve sides can join, what is to stop Celtic & Rangers Colts ?
And this is why so many of us want the junior sides in a wosfl. I am really against reserve sides playing in the league below their 1st team.

As for the old firm colts, they can keep them and their associated nonsense away from any tier in the pyramid structure for me.

I hope the information above is correct and the wosfl or LL2 are formed for next season. I also explore junior clubs to make contact with each other and the eosfl or LL to register their interest in a wosfl.

The difference with a LL2 is that it will be a licensed league, so will most likely mean that the clubs currently licensed and the highest finishers amongst newly licensed clubs in June will form the league.

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

But if reserve sides can join, what is to stop Celtic & Rangers Colts ?

I think if BSC were to enter a team you might see either they withdraw from the reserve league or the development league. I know from talking to one or 2 inside the club, they don't think the development league is doing what it says on the tin. Another possibility would be a completely new team incorporating some U20s and fringe/future first team players. This is pure speculation on my part but I do believe BSC would support any initiative that brings about a WoS league. If that means entering a team to help kick start things, I think they would. 

45 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

And this is why so many of us want the junior sides in a wosfl. I am really against reserve sides playing in the league below their 1st team.

As for the old firm colts, they can keep them and their associated nonsense away from any tier in the pyramid structure for me.

I hope the information above is correct and the wosfl or LL2 are formed for next season. I also explore junior clubs to make contact with each other and the eosfl or LL to register their interest in a wosfl.

The difference with a LL2 is that it will be a licensed league, so will most likely mean that the clubs currently licensed and the highest finishers amongst newly licensed clubs in June will form the league.

"The difference with a LL2 is that it will be a licensed league, so will most likely mean that the clubs currently licensed and the highest finishers amongst newly licensed clubs in June will form the league."

This is why it won't be sensible to form a LL2. It just penalises the EoS and blocks clubs coming in from the west.

However, perhaps the simplest way for west clubs would be if, for the first season, one of the LL, EoS or SoS formed a separate division at Tier 6 which was restricted geographically to west clubs. The second season they would become the new WoS.

Edited by Dev
up-date

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

"The difference with a LL2 is that it will be a licensed league, so will most likely mean that the clubs currently licensed and the highest finishers amongst newly licensed clubs in June will form the league."

This is why it won't be sensible to form a LL2. It just penalises the EoS and blocks clubs coming in from the west.

Basically. A single division LL2 just moves the issue of a geographic imbalance down from Tier 6 to Tier 7.

This is not clear, if you take the time to read the LL's constitution.
I for one am shocked that a league that doesn't currently exist and it's rules/requirements are not referenced in the current (key word) LL constitution. [emoji85]

Though I doubt you've actually read all 27 pages of it in detail.

Honestly, at this point after months of posting deliberate misinformation on your part if you told anyone on here the sky was blue they'd go outside to check.

This is not clear, if you take the time to read the LL's constitution.
Give it a rest.

If, and it's a big if right now, the LL form a LL2 it will be a licensed league. You are, as usual, spouting nonsense to muddy waters and try and confuse matters.

You have suffered the biggest climb down in the last couple if weeks. Please take the few days away you have promised us all.

Basically. A single division LL2 just moves the issue of a geographic imbalance down from Tier 6 to Tier 7.
I agree. That is why I am for west clubs approaching the eosfl and/or LL, individually or collectively, to ask for their help in setting up a wosfl. I doubt the LL would do it without first knowing the interest is there.

However, perhaps the simplest way for west clubs would be if, for the first season, one of the LL, EoS or SoS formed a separate division at Tier 6 which was restricted geographically to west clubs. The second season they would become the new WoS.
The LL and eosfl wont do this without having first been approached by an appropriate number if clubs.

IF a handful of the westmost EoSFL clubs were persuadable and recruited for the purpose of kicking off this new WoSFL - say, those West of the Queensferries, then add in Ressies. from Stranny, BSCG & Caley Braves, plus some progressive SoSFL clubs, like Bonnyton and maybe a couple others (whom I can't name, but who are committing to licencing)  - then Kilwinning & Clydebank would automatically have a functional League being formed about them. There'd be at very least a dozen sides already making up the numbers, more if further WJFL clubs jump ship.
The point of this legerdemain is to guarantee the new League begins asap. The deal for the 'borrowed' EoSFL teams is that season-by-season, as more WJFL clubs join in, they'll get reabsorbed back into their natural East environment one-by-one. This new League could even allow say, 2-4 top EJFL clubs to be promoted/voted-in to sustain numbers. It would establish a 'soft-border' between WoSFL & EoSFL divisions, sufficient to perhaps somewhat equalise membership numbers between them.
Obviously, once the guarantee's put on the table, the WoSFL should prove a much more attractive proposition.

Clubs such as Bathgate,Armadale,Whitburn,fauldhouse,and Harthill would find it just as easy travelling west and they would enter the pyramid at tier 6

20 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

The LL and eosfl wont do this without having first been approached by an appropriate number if clubs.

You are quite right about the reason why the SLL & the EoSFL would not be taking the initiative. They wouldn't want to be seen as attempting to 'poach' clubs from another Association or League. However, responding to approaches from interested clubs, would be legitimate IMO, given the failure of the PWG to bring this matter to a conclusion.

Given the current impasse  however, it is my view that the SFA  should now  take the initiative and canvass the junior clubs directo see whether or not there are enough interested clubs to form a senior West League at Tier 6.  Surely, as the national organisation, the SFA has overall responsibility for the Scottish pyramid, and is entitled to approach potential clubs direct ?

Dare I say it, if this was the situation in England,  its Football Association (rightly or wrongly) would have acted decisively, in the interest of promoting, overseeing, and developing a nationwide pyramid ?  

5 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Good, get speaking to Clydebank and get in. Football has left you behind, time to go.

No, their place is in the EoS set-up and they, having decided to give it a miss on two previous occasions, should go in at the bottom... whatever level that is next season.

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

No, their place is in the EoS set-up and they, having decided to give it a miss on two previous occasions, should go in at the bottom... whatever level that is next season.

I do believe Armadale's Secretary has posted he'd rather watch "pub fitbaw" than join the EoS, the bitterness is strong..........

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I do believe Armadale's Secretary has posted he'd rather watch "pub fitbaw" than join the EoS, the bitterness is strong..........

Thats the junior equivalent of "dead in a ditch" isn't it?

19 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The EoS have taken a pragmatic view in the past and gone with conferences, rather than leagues, so that teams find their level quicker. I think - unlikely as it is at this point - that if there was another influx of junior teams into the eos then there would be conferences at tier 7.