Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Goodness me.

You really wouldn't. You haven't been to a LL game have you?

Top 4 (Talbot are included btw) in the top league would do well. Another 2 to 4 may 'hold their own' but the LL is no canter. Ask Kelly and Bonnyrigg. They maybe sitting 1st and 2nd but it hasn't been a breeze for either so far.

There are 4 or 5 clubs who are a reasonable standard but I certainly wouldn’t want to play the teams in the bottom half of that league 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

I also know that if we are lucky enough to get promoted this season our fans would rather we played talbot , Hurlford , meadow , beith , pollok etc than any of the clubs in the LL league , surely they The paying customers should be asked on their views towards this 

Are Darvel a top draw in your eyes...?!

Aye okay.....

There are 4 or 5 clubs who are a reasonable standard but I certainly wouldn’t want to play the teams in the bottom half of that league 
One swallow and summer come to mind.

If you ever get to the LL (big if at this point), and only then, are you in a position to say what kind of draw darvel are when set against others in the LL.

The clubs in the LL are deserving if their place as they bought into the pyramid at its inception. To say your club, who as far as I'm aware, have earned no right to tell everyone how great they are, is better than or even equal to the 'bottom half if that league' is tragic.

For me if your club don't want to move then don't. Stay in the juniors. No one is forcing a move.

No it isn’t we are a championship club and would be top 4 in the LL league , there is hardly a game I would open the curtains to watch if it was out my back door , the top junior team the talbot would win that league first time of asking or I would be surprised 

This guy gonna have such a hangover tomorrow [emoji23].

The Darvel side that failed to beat the worst peasy team in living memory. Ok bud. I hear you

We managed to beat Edinburgh Uni, who are 15th Lowland League in the 1st round of the Scottish Cup this season. That was a decent victory, but no walk in the park either. In the second round we were lucky to get a replay against BSC who then deservedly beat us in the replay, they were simply the better side. And we are the current east champions, the top in the west are better than us but we're still one of the stronger junior teams around behind the west top. Some people are clearly underestimating the LL here.

Darvel being a big draw, now they have cash. Well, back when we were good 😂, when we did beat them 10-3, the gate was 500 less than the previous match and 100 less than the next. The Lok locals didn't see the mighty East Ayrshiremen as being much to get excited about. Mick's Millions might see you in our league in 20-21 but I don't see the terraces heaving with the extra weight.

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Says more about the stupidity of the supporters that are saying that . Lowland league teams have beaten Edinburgh City, St Mirren (on penalties) knocked  Annan Athletic, Montrose and East Fife out of cup competitions this season, three got further than Talbot as well . Teams in the EOS league beat Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir as well.

Talbot had to beat Kelty and Cove and were 4 minutes away from beating Arbroath, the three teams that got further than them might have had an easier run into the 4th round.

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

We managed to beat Edinburgh Uni, who are 15th Lowland League in the 1st round of the Scottish Cup this season. That was a decent victory, but no walk in the park either. In the second round we were lucky to get a replay against BSC who then deservedly beat us in the replay, they were simply the better side. And we are the current east champions, the top in the west are better than us but we're still one of the stronger junior teams around behind the west top. Some people are clearly underestimating the LL here.

I thought you were the eternal neutral - how did Larry do it?! 😂

I also know that if we are lucky enough to get promoted this season our fans would rather we played talbot , Hurlford , meadow , beith , pollok etc than any of the clubs in the LL league , surely they The paying customers should be asked on their views towards this 

But quite a lot of fans of West Premier teams would rather play Kelty or Bo’ness or other pyramid teams that Darvel.