Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, honestman54 said:

If this goes through and applications are invited, what happens if they get more than 16 applicants?  Will they consider a 2nd tier at Tier 7, or am I going to far now?

Well I doubt they'll cap it, they'll run with however many they get.  Minimum is 12.  Then it's upto the clubs how to organise it.

Until the league is given the go ahead, I doubt there will be too many details on it but look at the EoS the last couple of seasons for a clue.  Perhaps if and when the nod is given, there will be a meeting of some sort with interested clubs.

Remember, it might not just be Junior clubs, there might be more BSC's and Colts and Bonnyton's out there fancying a crack at it.

Edited by Burnie_man

4 hours ago, sweep said:

To me this is the start of the end of junior football as we know it. Clubs will go to the wall. Some will say if they cant stand the heat then leave.. . I remember Talbot on the brink, I remember Hurlford on the brink. It was the local competition and enthusiasm that revived these teams.  Common sense and history dictates that it is impossible for all clubs to be successful .Stop this shameful manipulation of the junior product that is unique in football

I'm not going to stand by and let a paragraph state something that I know is factually not true.

You say Hurlford on the brink and it was local competition and enthusiasm that revived these teams (the mid 90s era) then what a load of codswhallop.   if you mean when Hurlford were bottom of the old Ayrshire second division, yes on the brink, think in 1992 part of their stadium was burnt down and damaged by vandals and for 7 years they were bottom, sometimes winning a game it was never that revived this team, it was the local community that kept them afloat ONLY and then just before the start of 1999/2000 season a big sugar daddy became chairman and paid out  a lot of money for some experienced professions to change about their fortune, I should know, I was one of those players who became captain, we got to 2 semi finals and a quarterfinal and won promotion into the top Ayrshire flight.

Don't use the change in fortunes of a team on the brink when in reality its nothing to do being unique in junior football>
And yes, on the brink can happen to any team in any association and at any level

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

...Until the league is given the go ahead, I doubt there will be too many details on it but look at the EoS the last couple of seasons for a clue....

There are no existing clubs to accomodate unlike the EoS scenario so if this unfolds as you have described they could use the final tables for this season's to guide the creation of divisions, if it's only WRSJFA clubs.

Things get more complicated if SoS clubs (Bonnyton Thistle would be prime suspects), Glasgow Uni and some amateur and/or youth clubs apply, so guess that could justify the use of parallel conferences for year one if numbers were > 18.

41 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There are no existing clubs to accomodate unlike the EoS scenario so if this unfolds as you have described they could use the final tables for this season's to guide the creation of divisions, if it's only WRSJFA clubs.

Things get more complicated if SoS clubs (Bonnyton Thistle would be prime suspects), Glasgow Uni and some amateur and/or youth clubs apply, so guess that could justify the use of parallel conferences for year one if numbers were > 18.

...but this flies in the face of the lies you've been spreading on here.

How quick you change, with the wind.

^^^simply didn't understand the previous posts like several others. If the LL is willing to split or can be split by the SFA, Option Z is viable and could easily happen. If the LL is remaining as is, then the Burnie_man scenario is readily doable given the way the playoff rules were drafted so flexibly.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

53 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

some amateur and/or youth clubs apply, so guess that could justify the use of parallel conferences for year one if numbers were > 18.

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Remember, it might not just be Junior clubs, there might be more BSC's and Colts and Bonnyton's out there fancying a crack at it.

While it's sound in theory. Im not sure how many clubs are going to be able to organise something on, at best, 2/3 months notice.

East Kilbride were geared up for SoS entry before the LL arrived. Everyone else to come from that kind of background has had a lot more time to plan ahead. Which is easier to do when there's something that already exists.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it needs to be made clear that all 63 WRSJFA clubs are welcome to hop on board ASAP under this scenario.

That definitely should happen. It has been said for nearly a year now that the West Region could move into the pyramid intact.

The leagues stay the same. West of Scotland Cup, Sectional League Cup and Evening Times Cup stay the same. You just trade the Junior Scottish Cup for the South Region Challenge Cup.

It just means ending the juniors and I don't see some clubs prepared to do that.

^^^simply didn't understand the previous posts like several others. If the LL is willing to split or can be split by the SFA, Option Z is viable and could easily happen. If the LL is remaining as is, then the Burnie_man scenario is readily doable given the way the playoff rules were drafted so flexibly.

The LL will not be splitting.

Find it staggering anyone can suggest a change of association will kill clubs. For the ones presently at district level, opposition would not change one iota. That these clubs will likely never share a division with Talbot again should not mean the world stops turning. That will be the case without or without a pyramid.

While it's sound in theory. Im not sure how many clubs are going to be able to organise something on, at best, 2/3 months notice.
East Kilbride were geared up for SoS entry before the LL arrived. Everyone else to come from that kind of background has had a lot more time to plan ahead. Which is easier to do when there's something that already exists.
The LL will be organising and setting it up. I would assume the rules and regs used by the EoS will be the template.

Structure would be agreed once final numbers are known. If this is agreed, I'd expect the SFA would request a firm closing date for applications.

There are clubs in the west watching developments closely.

10 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Unique in that you have 11 men trying to beat another 11 men at football? 

And there's the rub. There seem to be a few who doggedly hold to the view that junior football almost qualifies as a separate code of the game - not quite the difference between rugby league and union, but heading that way.

When pressed on what makes it different in substance they never have any real answer as to what makes it so in their minds beyond some nebulous Special Junior Feeling they derive from it.

It's the same number of players playing the same rules with the same object; to put the ball in the other team's net more often than they put it in yours.

Isn't that backwards. How can final numbers be known if a closing date for applications hasn't passed.

No? Once closing date passes, you have the final numbers, you get clubs together to discuss matters.

Maybe poor wording from me, when I said "if this is agreed" I meant if the league gets off the ground.

Just now, Burnie_man said:
5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Isn't that backwards. How can final numbers be known if a closing date for applications hasn't passed.

No? Once closing date passes, you have the final numbers, you get clubs together to discuss matters.

"Structure would be agreed once final numbers are known (1st). If this is agreed (2nd), I'd expect the SFA would request a firm closing date for applications (3rd)."

The closing date has to be first.

27 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

And there's the rub. There seem to be a few who doggedly hold to the view that junior football almost qualifies as a separate code of the game - not quite the difference between rugby league and union, but heading that way.

When pressed on what makes it different in substance they never have any real answer as to what makes it so in their minds beyond some nebulous Special Junior Feeling they derive from it.

It's the same number of players playing the same rules with the same object; to put the ball in the other team's net more often than they put it in yours.

And thing is, show these same people some lower match footage from a ground they don't know and ask them to say "Junior or Senior?" would they know...?