Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

So far only one team (Dunipace) has broke ranks and bolted out the West Juniors to the East of Scotland league.

The reaction from the rest of the West Region was on par with a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home that nobody had visited for 30 years.

Most never even noticed they'd gone.

Oohh the bitterness still running deep I see? [emoji87]

What is this username 3? Quick change outfits and post again [emoji5]

Dunipace are doing pretty well for themselves right now. It doesn't matter who noticed or not. What matters is the longer term stability of the club, something that the current people have got right and are continuing to make good progress with.

Maybe instead of mudslinging over a fence you could recognise how well the club is run and that the move to the eos has benefitted the club massively.

Something some of the previous incumbents had struggled to achieve, even describing the new facility as pie in the sky at one stage. Funny how things work out sometimes isn't it.......

Auchinleck Talbot have been often quoted as happy where they are and will only move if that's what others are doing. Clydebank are apparently snakebit. Pollok have concerns over floodlights and Kilwinning seem to feel there's too much work to be done at KSC.

Who's left that counts as a big club that would make a move into the unknown?

Seems most likely that the SFA or LL are going to have to promote a WoSFL alternative to end this neverending story.

12 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Oohh the bitterness still running deep I see? emoji87.png

What is this username 3? Quick change outfits and post again emoji5.png

Dunipace are doing pretty well for themselves right now. It doesn't matter who noticed or not. What matters is the longer term stability of the club, something that the current people have got right and are continuing to make good progress with.

Maybe instead of mudslinging over a fence you could recognise how well the club is run and that the move to the eos has benefitted the club massively.

Something some of the previous incumbents had struggled to achieve, even describing the new facility as pie in the sky at one stage. Funny how things work out sometimes isn't it.......

Only mudslinging is from you.

Typical cause a fight in an empty hoose patter.

I wish Dunipace every success, good people.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Auchinleck Talbot have been often quoted as happy where they are and will only move if that's what others are doing. Clydebank are apparently snakebit. Pollok have concerns over floodlights and Kilwinning seem to feel there's too much work to be done at KSC.

Seems most likely that the SFA or LL are going to have to promote a WoSFL alternative to end this neverending story.

This will last longer than Brexit as long as a certain person is in charge of the Juniors.

Time and nature is a great healer, it weeds the old out eventually.

So far only one team (Dunipace) has broke ranks and bolted out the West Juniors to the East of Scotland league. The reaction from the rest of the West Region was on par with a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home that nobody had visited for 30 years. Most never even noticed they'd gone.

And this isn't the beginning of mudslinging as well as your multiple user name approach? If you live in a house of glass with no windows in it, it may be best not to throw bricks at others.

Happy trolling though, it is priceless [emoji6]

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

...Seems most likely that the SFA or LL are going to have to promote a WoSFL alternative to end this neverending story.

...or the ERSJFA will have to be persuaded to merge into the EoS, the EoS will have to be persuaded to agree to a second east feeder, the West region will have to be persuaded to break away from the SJFA and enter unilaterally, or the SFA will need to find a way to split the LL to make Option Z work. Don't hold your breathe on anything by next season basically. I'll throw a new one into the mix that will never happen because too many power hungry old men would lose their blazers as a result. Instead of a bonfire of the Quangos, how about a bonfire of the associations? The EoSFA, SoSFA, NoSFA and SJFA could be persuaded to merge to form a single association for semi-pro level community board football that would let the SFA board decide the league structure on a rational basis in much the same way the FA does in England for the top few regionalised tiers of the pyramid.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Nobody knows as the clubs won't tell us anything about where they stand.

30 minutes ago, energyzone said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The clubs voted by a clear majority to join the pyramid.

Contact the older than Moses leadership if you have a problem.

26 minutes ago, energyzone said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Well. If it comes down to a brand new league being formed, and it is the West of Scotland Senior League, its' start will probably be on the basis that clubs are invited to apply for membership i.e. as at the start of the Lowland League.

One thing which I believe can be relied upon is that the names of the applicants will be kept under wraps permanently, including names of clubs which are not accepted, and including clubs which do not follow through with their applications. Just like the formation of the Lowland League and that's how it should be - so don't wait for leaks from whoever organises such league!

It will be interesting to see if this new league does go ahead and if successful clubs will be able to keep the lid on their applications from P&B etc until the official announcement is made.

In other words applications will be confidential and will be kept this way by the league organisers. This way there's no way that clubs which apply can be pressurised or victimised.

25 minutes ago, Dev said:

Well. If it comes down to a brand new league being formed, and it is the West of Scotland Senior League, its' start will probably be on the basis that clubs are invited to apply for membership i.e. as at the start of the Lowland League.

One thing which I believe can be relied upon is that the names of the applicants will be kept under wraps permanently, including names of clubs which are not accepted, and including clubs which do not follow through with their applications. Just like the formation of the Lowland League and that's how it should be - so don't wait for leaks from whoever organises such league!

It will be interesting to see if this new league does go ahead and if successful clubs will be able to keep the lid on their applications from P&B etc until the official announcement is made.

In other words applications will be confidential and will be kept this way by the league organisers. This way there's no way that clubs which apply can be pressurised or victimised.

who are these ''league organisers'' you speak of??

22 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

who are these ''league organisers'' you speak of??

If it's not the eos going to run a wos league then it must come from the club's who wish to form a breakaway league and as far as I'm aware no teams are talking about one ? And if a new breakaway league does surface it will need to be approved by the sfa and I dont think they will approve a new league when they are in negotiations with the sjfa.

8 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

If it's not the eos going to run a wos league then it must come from the club's who wish to form a breakaway league and as far as I'm aware no teams are talking about one ? And if a new breakaway league does surface it will need to be approved by the sfa and I dont think they will approve a new league when they are in negotiations with the sjfa.

They are only in negotiations technically until the next meeting then that could end and it could be then they ask. They aren't going to do it if west looks like coming in are they

7 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

...and I dont think they will approve a new league when they are in negotiations with the sjfa.

People do seem to forget that there was a directive from the SFA board for the PWG to facilitate SJFA entry. The way around this is that an existing league could add extra tiers. I think Burnie_man's info was that the LL would offer to set up a west league. If it's a new tier to an existing league there is no need for the SFA to sanction its formation.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

People do seem to forget that there was a directive from the SFA board for the PWG to facilitate SJFA entry. The way around this is that an existing league could add extra tiers. I think Burnie_man's info was that the LL would offer to set up a west league. If it's a new tier to an existing league there is no need for the SFA to sanction its formation.

I think you will find the sfa will have to sanction any new league because where will the referees come from.

The LL is already talking about having an LL2. If that was split into east and west sections and became the new tier 6, WRSJFA clubs could be invited to apply to fill 16 places for that, if more than that applied there could be an LL3 west etc. It's no different from the EoS adding extra conference divisions as a second tier to accomodate new members from the ERSJFA, basically.

We are the Borg you will be assimilated....

Edited by LongTimeLurker