Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

If you are "streets ahead" of the LL, why did you labour at EoS Dundonald and hardly impressed at EoS Camelon? Some Talbot fans need to calm down, an excellent result last night against good opposition, but all it shows is that Talbot are a very good team and won the tie.

What it also proves though is that Talbot have outgrown Junior football. Time for them to prove themselves over a season at tier 5.

Your turning our fantastic win into your usual pyramid fannyfest.

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Why do you insist on harping back to results which suit your argument? Mind you, I suppose that has asks and answers the question all in one. Try to be current. This Talbot team would walk the LL and I really can't see how anyone could suggest differently.

Probably because this Auchinleck Talbot team will never play in the Lowland League and are basically 2 seasons away from making the Lowland League as a club at best. So saying the current Talbot would walk this year's Lowland, is no different to people expecting Kelty to walk last year's Lowland. It's all opinion and cannot be proven.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Probably because this Auchinleck Talbot team will never play in the Lowland League and are basically 2 seasons away from making the Lowland League as a club at best. So saying the current Talbot would walk this year's Lowland, is no different to people expecting Kelty to walk last year's Lowland. It's all opinion and cannot be proven.

Raging

4 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Obviously the haters were hoping for a Kelty win.

Never a good word to say about Talbot.

Think there's been a few congratulations for Talbot given. Most of the hating has been around equating a cup run to a league season.

As for me I was very happy with the result. Won money on the game, hopefully expediate Barry Ferguson getting sacked, Talbot get to top up the floodlights fund with prize money and getting licensed once in the pyramid.

21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Of course it can't be proven how well they would fare over the course of a season, it would be churlish to say otherwise. However, the absolute best that can be done is to pit Talbot against the best the LL has to offer. Add to the mix it's a one leg match at the home of the LL team with a 3-0 victory for Talbot and you have as clear an answer as we are going to get. If that Kelty team can be top of the back (after the game in hand) then it's a no brainer. Talbot would walk it.

Imagine trying to use a tie which Talbot went through 6-1 and another where they won comfortably away to try to disprove the idea that they are better. Jeezo
Try reading what I posted. You claimed that Talbot are "streets ahead" of all LL clubs based on one result which of course is nonsense. Settle down.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Of course it can't be proven how well they would fare over the course of a season, it would be churlish to say otherwise. However, the absolute best that can be done is to pit Talbot against the best the LL has to offer. Add to the mix it's a one leg match at the home of the LL team with a 3-0 victory for Talbot and you have as clear an answer as we are going to get. If that Kelty team can be top of the back (after the game in hand) then it's a no brainer. Talbot would walk it.

Also you can add in the team at the top of the LL are Bonnyrigg who Talbot have met in the Junior Cup a few times recently and talbot progressed every single time, Talbot also comfortable beat Cove last season who demolished EK in the play-off.

Again all one off cup ties but when every one off tie has the same outcome it suggests a pattern.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:
Your turning our fantastic win into your usual pyramid fannyfest.

This is a pyramid thread numb nuts. Happy to help.

Very childish retort from someone who is championing the pyramid. I got a bit mixed up on what thread I was on because pyramid whallopers are everywhere at the moment. What I would like to know is will you have a life after the West crosses over and dominates the senior non league scene.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:
Imagine trying to use a tie which Talbot went through 6-1 and another where they won comfortably away to try to disprove the idea that they are better. Jeezo

Try reading what I posted. You claimed that Talbot are "streets ahead" of all LL clubs based on one result which of course is nonsense. Settle down.

I read it like I do some of your other posts. Those and this reek of you thinking you have no right to be challenged on this thread. At least you kept a wee bit of restraint by not calling me a playground name. Well done.

Very childish retort from someone who is championing the pyramid. I got a bit mixed up on what thread I was on because pyramid whallopers are everywhere at the moment. What I would like to know is will you have a life after the West crosses over and dominates the senior non league scene.

Your apology is accepted.

I can't wait to see Talbot in the seniors and the LL, they will be a welcome addition. They have outgrown Junior fitba. Hopefully they start leading the way to that.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Your apology is accepted.

I can't wait to see Talbot in the seniors and the LL, they will be a welcome addition. They have outgrown Junior fitba. Hopefully they start leading the way to that.

No chance we are a Junior club who will move over when the time suits us.

11 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Also you can add in the team at the top of the LL are Bonnyrigg who Talbot have met in the Junior Cup a few times recently and talbot progressed every single time, Talbot also comfortable beat Cove last season who demolished EK in the play-off.

Again all one off cup ties but when every one off tie has the same outcome it suggests a pattern.

Last time Talbot knocked out Bonnyrigg in the Junior Cup was 2014-15. Which took a replay to do.

But is 5 years ago really considered recent?