Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Go check their postcodes !

Point taken however, as I am not advocating rigid boundaries between the East, West & South leagues. Some flexibility is essential, and would be welcomed by the clubs concerned., 

Which clubs would welcome it?  ML = Motherwell not Midlothian.

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

If the West juniors join the pyramid, some overlap of clubs within the Lowland League's 3 sub-regions, will be appropriate at the outset, and possibly acceptable in the longer term. By comparison, some flexibility is permitted in the English pyramid, with clubs being able to apply for relocation, or to appea,l if they do not like their league allocation (as determined by the FA's 'leagues committee'.).

Overlap between different leagues on the same level is pretty much non-existent in England. Also, the FA decides who goes where. Yes, there is room for appeal, but the FA moves clubs around to even out the regions and clubs are generally just told where to go. In the early years of the pyramid in England there was a fair bit of overlap, but that eventually got ironed out.

I think that approach to get the pyramid properly off the ground could work in Scotland, although there shouldn't be a flexible border between the HL & LL due to the different geography in Scotland compared to England. Lower the HL/LL boundary a touch to allow Scone/Tayport to remain with the Tayside teams. Merge the East Superleague North with the North Superleague with a Tayside & North league below there. Then put the North/Tayside Superleague together with the NCL below the HL. Possibly no forced promotion straight away but with the aim to get this introduced. In the south, I'd like to see the SoSFL merged with a West league and then regionalised lower down, so most existing SOS teams will stay together. If the West Lothian juniors really don't want to join the EOS, let them join the west juniors at the lowest tier. Eventually this has to be ironed out, but to get the pyramid off the ground for the junior teams, I'd think this is could be a compromise. Ultimately, I doubt many junior clubs would decide to go west anyway.

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I can see my plan (updated to last season’s final standing to show how well it works!) getting brought back out it’s detention centre again... :rolleyes::whistle

Please, think of the children.................

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Please, think of the children.................

The main advantage of doing it my way is that the small junior teams that are worried about travelling will be in regional leagues at tier 7-8.

In fact MOST teams will end up in a league not dissimilar to what they are already playing so there shouldn’t be too much to grumble about

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Killing some time before going out to a game, onto page six now and boom bankiesalive enters the scene playing the "these Lowland league teams aren't real teams" card. Cumbernauld must have been pretending on Saturday when I was at Broadwood.

Are the comments from KilbowieBenches still there?

Think it was around page 500-600 🤷‍♂️😂

6 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Fort William has a Perth postcode, Tobermory a Paisley one and Helmsdale an Orcadian one! Postcodes are for the logistical benefit of the Royal Mail and not for allocating a town to a specific county.

Splendid stuff.......club flexibility and choice needed to get the pyramid going in the West next year  (according to Uncle Bob) 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

He is the biggest oddball on these forums, and that is saying something.

Possibly so, but at least Uncle Bob doesn't waste his time arguing about pied pipers, and other pointless topics.. Just plain boring.. Try to keep up, and move on.

Edited by Robert James
typo

On 19/08/2019 at 20:22, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^circlejerk is an American expression that comes to mind. Ponder this. If you are all so wonderful, why were you not able to convince people on here that the Juniors were not in at tier 6 for 2019-20?

This is a strange line to take. People on here (including you) didn't want to believe that Juniors were not in at Tier 6 because they had been fed a lie by Tom Johnston which was then disseminated through various Junior clubs.

Burnieman and some others who had inside knowledge from the EoS argued quite vehemently that the Juniors were not in at Tier 6 and that nothing was agreed. And they were right.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You've completely missed the point I was making but whatever, I'm not going to waste time arguing with you. It's the future and how this mess gets fixed that matters at this point.

Spot on.

Do you think the PWG will support the gaz5 proposed solution  (above) for the "West juniors'  only, which I support (as it should achieve a decisive outcome),  or not ?  Would the PWG/SFA bite the bullet ?

Edited by Robert James
additional question added

21 hours ago, gaz5 said:

All the teams in the South plus Scone and Tayport move to the EoS, leaving all the teams in the North in the Tayside league feeding the Highland League (based on current demarcation line).

Took me ages to come up with a way to resolve your completely insurmountable issue there. emoji39.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

In all seriousness, I reckon a fair few of those clubs don't care for the Pyramid anyway, so in my proposed way forward in the past above those who want to go, go, those who don't get the choice to stay Junior outside of the Pyramid.

Create the league's and let clubs make up their own minds.

A reminder......enabling the West clubs to join or not join , without being tied to the separate East issue. 

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There are far more people thinking that. Even with me living in an area where junior football is still strong, people often think I'm going to watch kids play football when I say that I go to a junior game.