Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

This will certainly have been answered already, but what is the current script with regards to west teams joining the pyramid? Is something happening next season, and if so what? 
Your patience is appreciated. I can't bring myself to read 30 odd pages to find the answer. Cheers. 
Another round of PWG negotiations to decide the structure of tier 6 in south of country. The SFA's half arsed proposal last season was voted down by LL/EOS clubs (no clue how SOS voted)

4 hours ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:
5 hours ago, Marten said:
The ones who were banned were banned for threats, personal attacks with bad language and things like that. Not everyone will agree with BM, but he just posts his opinion without sinking to such depths towards his opponents...

I will agree to differ but have been pmd by a regular poster to inform me that he is a mod so go figure, just couldnt understand why he was getting much free will with his comments until now so this makes sense now

Just because you don't agree with someone's comments doesn't mean they should be banned, mate. Try posting a reasonable argument against them, that's the whole point of a forum. Or perhaps go back to your juniors only forum, which I see is going swimmingly with posts as recent as, er, July.

Also, FYI, if you click on a poster's profile, it'll say if they're a mod. It's not exactly a secret who they are.

Edited by Cyclizine

5 hours ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:
6 hours ago, Marten said:
The ones who were banned were banned for threats, personal attacks with bad language and things like that. Not everyone will agree with BM, but he just posts his opinion without sinking to such depths towards his opponents...

I will agree to differ but have been pmd by a regular poster to inform me that he is a mod so go figure, just couldnt understand why he was getting much free will with his comments until now so this makes sense now

FFS at least when you create a new ID to troll, try and make it believable 🤣

5 hours ago, Shanner said:

This will certainly have been answered already, but what is the current script with regards to west teams joining the pyramid? Is something happening next season, and if so what? 

Your patience is appreciated. I can't bring myself to read 30 odd pages to find the answer. Cheers. 

There is no further movement as far as I am aware.  The SJFA are running with new disciplinary rules I believe at the behest of the SFA, but still apply their own fines, which was one of the areas of disagreement with the LL/EoS.  There may be a PWG meeting in September, but I don't think any date has been set.

I'm guessing that there needs to be a shift in position from the SFA/SJFA, otherwise I doubt the LL/EoS will drop their concerns.

5 hours ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:
6 hours ago, Marten said:

😂😂😂 ffs! 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂

Question

Is this burnieman a moderator?

This poster seems to get away with so many arguments and put downs without any comeback whilst others get banned.Its as if we have to all fall in line with his posts.

This nugget must have the mods on here in his camp or he has some type of control of the actual forum.

Please shut this clown down, not only is he toxic and insidious he is just repetitive and can't bring anything new to the table.

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this?

I believe the P&B lexicon for such a post is "rattled!"

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Just because you don't agree with someone's comments doesn't mean they should be banned, mate. Try posting a reasonable argument against them, that's the whole point of a forum. Or perhaps go back to your juniors only forum, which I see is going swimmingly with posts as recent as, er, July.

Also, FYI, if you click on a poster's profile, it'll say if they're a mod. It's not exactly a secret who they are.

Not being challenged by new ideas seemed to be the whole premise behind starting the Scottish Junior Fitba forum - henceforth known as Der Juniorbunker - the membership of which seems to have realised after initially signing up they didn't have all that much to talk about.

There's only so long you can sit in an echo chamber before you get a bit bored.

Edited by Hillonearth

There is no further movement as far as I am aware.  The SJFA are running with new disciplinary rules I believe at the behest of the SFA, but still apply their own fines, which was one of the areas of disagreement with the LL/EoS.  There may be a PWG meeting in September, but I don't think any date has been set.
I'm guessing that there needs to be a shift in position from the SFA/SJFA, otherwise I doubt the LL/EoS will drop their concerns.

Can I ask why the EOS/LL have an issue with the SJFA administrating the discipline? It’s the same rules but being administered by the league rather than the SFA. Don’t the SPFL administer for their leagues?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ffs! [emoji2357][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I believe the P&B lexicon for such a post is "rattled!"
Not being challenged by new ideas seemed to be the whole premise behind starting the Scottish Junior Fitba forum - henceforth known as Der Juniorbunker - the membership of which seems to have realised after initially signing up they didn't have all that much to talk about.
There's only so long you can sit in an echo chamber before you get a bit bored.

I see its the usual retort by the same gang.

Jeezo can you wee boys no fight an argument alone [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

48 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I see its the usual retort by the same gang.

Jeezo can you wee boys no fight an argument alone emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nobody’s arguing, just observing you being “rattled” over absolutely nothing, we know the guy’s a bit of a preacher but your reaction has been priceless 🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

Nobody’s arguing, just observing you being “rattled” over absolutely nothing, we know the guy’s a bit of a preacher but your reaction has been priceless [emoji2369][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
What's been rattled?
It was question I put out. I just can't understand why you all seem toe his line in unison.

No individuals with your gang. [emoji23]

48 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

What's been rattled?
It was question I put out. I just can't understand why you all seem toe his line in unison.

No individuals with your gang. emoji23.png

What line is everyone toeing? Care to explain?

10 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Can I ask why the EOS/LL have an issue with the SJFA administrating the discipline? It’s the same rules but being administered by the league rather than the SFA. Don’t the SPFL administer for their leagues?

SFA do discipline for all leagues in pyramid.

There is a weekly update added here (wee menus at bottom):

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/

The SJFA keep their own displinary records, though I believe the issue raised was to do with fines that were argued in the PWG minutes as being necessary income for the regions. This was one of the objections raised.

Certainly the disciplinary changes made this summer by SJFA are a step towards what the SFA do but is it an exact mirror? Automatic bans for a red a change for example, and bookings no longer being varied points.

Edited by cmontheloknow

No one in the Pyramid pays fines for yellow and red cards. The juniors levy fines against players (which clubs generally pay) as a revenue generator.

EoS and LL think, quite rightly, it should be the same for everyone. And none of the West based LL teams who might drop into the West if they get relegated want to start paying fines that they never had to before that teams nowhere else in the pyramid have to.

17 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

No one in the Pyramid pays fines for yellow and red cards. The juniors levy fines against players (which clubs generally pay) as a revenue generator.

EoS and LL think, quite rightly, it should be the same for everyone. And none of the West based LL teams who might drop into the West if they get relegated want to start paying fines that they never had to before that teams nowhere else in the pyramid have to.

I'm very surprised that they are no fine involved for a red card does it not depend on what the red card was for ie violent conduct carries a mandatory fine  where a less crime like denying a goal scoring chance there's no fine. As for yellows they tally up to a points total then a ban with no fine then gets applied. Can anyone verify the rules and fine system in the pyramid.

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

I'm very surprised that they are no fine involved for a red card does it not depend on what the red card was for ie violent conduct carries a mandatory fine  where a less crime like denying a goal scoring chance there's no fine. As for yellows they tally up to a points total then a ban with no fine then gets applied. Can anyone verify the rules and fine system in the pyramid.

There are no player or clubs fines in Senior football for cards, there are the usual player suspensions for reds and totting up yellows.  If a club has a particularly poor disciplinary record over a season, then they will attract a warning or fine from the SFA.  Unlike the Junior regions, the SFA aren't part-funded by fines.