Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Let's not be kidded here. The reason that Dalkieth, Dunipace and the like, jumped in was because they thought that they could steal a march on the rest of the junior clubs.
They went in, thinking that it was to be 1 single feeder league to the Lowland League. But the EOSL didn't get the target clubs that they thought would be desperate to follow Kelty, so in their greed, they kept the applications open. Even after the numbers became unmanageable for one league then 2 leagues. No, they kept it open until they got their targets and closed the shop with 3 leagues of 13.
So, now those first set of clubs are as far away as they ever were from the LL. and just as unlikely as they ever were from reaching it.
All that they have achieved is that they have raised the hackles of the clubs above the LL, who are now closing ranks to protect themselves and their share of the pie.
But, ach well, at least they are able to claim that they are a 'Senior' club.

Nonsense. Kelty and Bonnyrigg have already progressed to the Lowland. Who will be the next club to win promotion to the SPFL, in the wake of Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers ?  .  East Kilbride, Fraserburgh, Brora, Kelty, etc are strong enough to win the SPFL club 42 play-off. Attendances and SLL standards will rise, if/when the top West juniors join the pyramid.The closed shop has ended. Division Two will no longer be a cosy place for SPFL clubs to play in, if they want to 'coast'.   In my opinion. It is not about "raising hackles", as you suggest, but more about "raising standards"  throughout an integrated football structure.  West Juniors would add additional quality. 

As an aside, I believe that the SFA was right to require Tier 5 clubs to have floodlights. What was very wrong was applying the floodlight  licensing rule retrospectively.  Such major changes should only apply from the date of its AGM in future.   

Edited by Robert James

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

I can wholeheartedly confirm that Dunipace did no such thing, I'd like to know what March we were going to steal.....the club reached their decision to move to the eosfl based on progressing the club, both on and off the park.

Just look where the club is now. New park, new sponsorship, new interest from the local community. Just progressed to getting licensed (hopefully soon), with potential access to the Senior Scottish Cup and access to players we would not have had if we had remained in the sjfa.

Instead of making ill informed and false statements about clubs intent, maybe spend some time asking why clubs like Dunipace moved over. Had the club remained junior we would have remained in the bottom West league, have 3 match balls, no attraction and no support with grants etc. We have moved and managed to progress within a season (on and off the park I may add) more than we would have in probably 5 seasons if we had remained part of the sjfa.

but but but the junior cup

48 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well said 

When you read some negatives from people both for and against Junior teams going senior on this post, especially when its made up or ill informed, I just shake my head.    Have so much more respect from people who come on here, put their point across, the genuine reasons for or against and knowing that they wish everyone else good luck in what level their team will be at.

Dunipace, I will expect, (from my view), will change the league they operate in once a West league starts, of which, once a West league starts they are allowed to do so. The only reason I can see them not doing so if they are already in a higher Tier once the WOS starts.  Any team that joins the senior ranks have nothing to lose as far as I see it, and if it doesn't work out, then go back down to the SJFA

Dunipace won't move west. They even contemplated moving east in the Juniors at one point. I think they will stick to what they have got. As when they left they admitted Kilsyth, Rob Roy and CUmbernauld weren't Rivals in the true sense so wasn't as big a deal to leave as say Linlithgow or bo'ness leaving without each other

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dunipace won't move west. They even contemplated moving east in the Juniors at one point. I think they will stick to what they have got. As when they left they admitted Kilsyth, Rob Roy and CUmbernauld weren't Rivals in the true sense so wasn't as big a deal to leave as say Linlithgow or bo'ness leaving without each other

Yeah I don't know the true thoughts of the fans or committee regarding this matter just knew they had been in the West junior for a very long time, I don't even know what it easier to travel, staying in the EOS or travelling throughout the West.  As I said I don't see it a a gamble for Dunipace, I see it as stimulating more interest in the community and even if it didn't work out in the seniors there's no law stopping them from going back down to the juniors but I don't expect them to do so.   Are they doing much with their youth system or is it none existent ?

Yeah I don't know the true thoughts of the fans or committee regarding this matter just knew they had been in the West junior for a very long time, I don't even know what it easier to travel, staying in the EOS or travelling throughout the West.  As I said I don't see it a a gamble for Dunipace, I see it as stimulating more interest in the community and even if it didn't work out in the seniors there's no law stopping them from going back down to the juniors but I don't expect them to do so.   Are they doing much with their youth system or is it none existent ?
Kids from age 5 all the way up to the Senior adult side. A new under 19s in this year to add to the under 20s from last year (another benefit from joining the eosfl) with between 15 and 20 players from the 19s and 20s across the last season playing (in some cases starting) games.

The current senior squad contains 3 players from last year's under 20s.

In short the youth set up is going well and in time will become even more important as the clubs makes further strides forward.

I can't see the club going back west.

Dunipace are in a great place right now. With other things taking shape off the field, as well as steady progress on it, the club is a million miles away from where it was 2 years ago and certainly not the place to visit people will remember after the refurbishment of the ground.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:06, G4Mac said:

I can wholeheartedly confirm that Dunipace did no such thing, I'd like to know what March we were going to steal.....the club reached their decision to move to the eosfl based on progressing the club, both on and off the park.

Just look where the club is now. New park, new sponsorship, new interest from the local community. Just progressed to getting licensed (hopefully soon), with potential access to the Senior Scottish Cup and access to players we would not have had if we had remained in the sjfa.

Instead of making ill informed and false statements about clubs intent, maybe spend some time asking why clubs like Dunipace moved over. Had the club remained junior we would have remained in the bottom West league, have 3 match balls, no attraction and no support with grants etc. We have moved and managed to progress within a season (on and off the park I may add) more than we would have in probably 5 seasons if we had remained part of the sjfa.

Beenze is getting gobby on this again elsewhere, let's see if he comes back on here to apologise and retract.

Question

Is this burnieman a moderator?

This poster seems to get away with so many arguments and put downs without any comeback whilst others get banned.Its as if we have to all fall in line with his posts.

This nugget must have the mods on here in his camp or he has some type of control of the actual forum.

Please shut this clown down, not only is he toxic and insidious he is just repetitive and can't bring anything new to the table.

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this?

3 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

Question

This poster seems to get away with so many arguments and put downs without any comeback whilst others get banned.Its as if we have to all fall in line with his posts.

This nugget must have the mods on here in his camp or he has some type of control of the actual forum.

Please shut this clown down, not only is he toxic and insidious he is just repetitive and can't bring anything new to the table.

Rather than not bringing anything new to the table, that's actually the crux of what he's arguing for - sure he can get a bit evangelical on this subject, but to be fair it's a forum and is designed for debate - not all of which we're all going to agree with all the time.

Folk that have been banned from here have  it done for a reason, not for simply posting arguments and putdowns which is kinda what happens on a forum.

And no, he's not a mod. Maybe put him on ignore if what he's saying is annoying you to this extent?

11 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I have now muted the clown but you just need to read his recent replies to see how out his depth he is.

Its a pity because he has turned a relatively good thread into the burnieman show not giving anyone with a different point of view a platform.

I will leave it there

Because what other people were peddling was lies. Juniors in etc

I have now muted the clown but you just need to read his recent replies to see how out his depth he is.

Its a pity because he has turned a relatively good thread into the burnieman show not giving anyone with a different point of view a platform.

I will leave it there

Good to have you back [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Rather than not bringing anything new to the table, that's actually the crux of what he's arguing for - sure he can get a bit evangelical on this subject, but to be fair it's a forum and is designed for debate - not all of which we're all going to agree with all the time.

Folk that have been banned from here have  it done for a reason, not for simply posting arguments and putdowns which is kinda what happens on a forum.

And no, he's not a mod. Maybe put him on ignore if what he's saying is annoying you to this extent?

I think we all know who it is, another new ID to spout his pish, but hey ho.

2 hours ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

Question

The ones who were banned were banned for threats, personal attacks with bad language and things like that. Not everyone will agree with BM, but he just posts his opinion without sinking to such depths towards his opponents...

18 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When’s the next PWG? Its all gone a bit quiet.

Back to the point of the thread, I've not heard that anything has been arranged, although the SFA do seem to do these things at fairly short notice ie a couple of weeks, and I have a memory of September being mentioned. Wait and see I guess.

The ones who were banned were banned for threats, personal attacks with bad language and things like that. Not everyone will agree with BM, but he just posts his opinion without sinking to such depths towards his opponents...
I will agree to differ but have been pmd by a regular poster to inform me that he is a mod so go figure, just couldnt understand why he was getting much free will with his comments until now so this makes sense now

This will certainly have been answered already, but what is the current script with regards to west teams joining the pyramid? Is something happening next season, and if so what? 

Your patience is appreciated. I can't bring myself to read 30 odd pages to find the answer. Cheers.