Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Same question again,out with the Juniors,which clubs would you suggest?.
Not really sure, I honestly don't know enough about the sos league and the teams in it to give an informed choice. What I would say is there is bount to be teams out there who would jump at the opportunity to work steadily towards success if some junior teams don't want to.

11 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Same question again,out with the Juniors,which clubs would you suggest?.

Glasgow uni??? Either that or their license must be up for debate...

Its a fair point you make btw

Edited by Spyro

1 minute ago, PRICEY said:

One thing I don’t think a lot of posters don’t realise is it’s a completely different mentality in the West Juniors to what’s in the East Juniors,present clubs or those who moved.

In what way?

One thing I don’t think a lot of posters don’t realise is it’s a completely different mentality in the West Juniors to what’s in the East Juniors,present clubs or those who moved.
Maybe so but there are always those who break away and act ahead of the curve. I still believe that there is an appetite for a wosfl amongst some of the junior clubs in the top two leagues. Time will tell I suppose.

22 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I can almost hear the violins playing from here... poor Talbot :whistle

Never poor. Carried the flag for the Juniors in both Scottish cups. Also gubbed you senior imposters in the usual memorial thrashing.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Never poor. Carried the flag for the Juniors in both Scottish cups. Also gubbed you senior imposters in the usual memorial thrashing.

So stop sulking over having to pay for your own improvements then and show us all how it’s done! I’ve never had a problem with AT, if anything I applaud what you guys do for the west. Just wish their supporters stopped with the whataboutery and showed the respect and dignity a club like Talbot deserve

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You are wrong, just like you were wrong a few posts ago but instead of finding out the facts you just posted different wrong info. Licensing criteria is on the SFA website, it really isn’t difficult to find, misinformation is only out there because people buy into and spread the BS that come from known liars like TJ.

As burnie-man points out it is a requirement to be able to segregate fans if required. It’s a fairly soft requirement. I’ve been to more that 1 spfl ground where fans queue side by side outside with a bit of builders fencing the separates them once inside directing fans towards ‘ their end’, taped off sections also serve as segregation. Shared catering a toilet facilities are pretty common place. Potaloos and burger vans end up being used when separate facilities are required.

I welcome the day when clubs start actively looking for solutions to these sort of problems rather that problems being found to halt progress.

I’m not suggesting pollok would find floodlights easy to install, but if you look at the locations around the country that are floodlight(not just football grounds) then solutions can often be found. Pollok find themselves regular WoS champions and meeting all other licensing requirements a solution will be found.

The main problem for Pollok regarding Floodlights is not fitting them, which I believe is easily sorted, its the planning permission as many who live in the flats looking onto the ground would be against this and I know the committee has had this on the table to figure out ways to get around this or to get it sorted smoothly.

44 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Kilwinnings new ground doesn't have lights. Clydebank have lights but will need extensive upgrading to their facilities.

Couldn't find the document from when the vote on moving was about to take place. Could of sworn part of it that floodlights would have been available. Quick look from the facebook photos they've put of the work being done do show floodlights. Unfortunately, they're facing other pitches :(

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So stop sulking over having to pay for your own improvements then and show us all how it’s done! I’ve never had a problem with AT, if anything I applaud what you guys do for the west. Just wish their supporters stopped with the whataboutery and showed the respect and dignity a club like Talbot deserve

Whit the feck are you talking about? I wrote that the floodlights were going to take two phases due to the cost, Talbot don't contribute to the ground improvements its the Building Committee (supporters group) that have built all the facilities inside Beechwood, backed by the financial help of the supporters. Talbot themselves concentrate on the players and the pitch.

56 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Unless the council gift you a plazzy pitch nearly all Junior clubs can't afford lights. We are installing ours in two stages as  the cost to our building committee is far above what we have raised in previous projects. That includes a 500 seat stand.

You could install three sets in one go with the money you received from the sfa this season in the Scottish Cup and Junior Cup win.... Don’t need the public and fans to finance it when the cash is already in the account.

Just now, pipedreamer said:

You could install three sets in one go with the money you received from the sfa this season in the Scottish Cup and Junior Cup win.... Don’t need the public and fans to finance it when the cash is already in the account.

Unless you know the workings of the club and the outlay for the Scottish Cup run then move on. Talbot have embarked on work to the Coal Road end of the pitch already due to drainage problems that saw the bottom goalmouth suffering ( you will know that due to your Talbot knowledge) and are about to extend the the social club to host more sponsors. They are funding  the lights as well. So I would say they are spending their deserved cash boost well. Next moron please!

14 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I wrote that the floodlights were going to take two phases due to the cost, Talbot don't contribute to the ground improvements

3 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

They are funding  the lights as well. So I would say they are spending their deserved cash boost well. Next moron please!

So, are Talbot funding the lights or not?

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Couldn't find the document from when the vote on moving was about to take place. Could of sworn part of it that floodlights would have been available. Quick look from the facebook photos they've put of the work being done do show floodlights. Unfortunately, they're facing other pitches :(

I looked the last time the lights discussion came up on here - I'm sure they said they have the lights but not the poles, no doubt with licensing in mind for the rest of KSC they will be planning on adding them in due course. Edit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gNhPHLJf6fG6bxvrKvLoCpnX2Dcyu9UvMuOI8d1dmOE/edit?fbclid=IwAR3f9HLEvGsVdZBFdLae9rjRRi9PwWagFYajtmU8I-a2ysmJxWhBu8gZ8B4 "Power and Lights available, lamp posts required"

4 hours ago, santheman said:

If you take Pollok for example who will never be able to install floodlights in their current ground and thus gain a licence, what benefit is there to them moving from the Premier League in the Juniors to a new Senior WOSFL from which they're never going to get promotion anywhere so why bother.

I use Pollok as an example but that is the kind of question being asked at many Junior clubs at the moment and why there is such a lukewarm response and lack of sense of urgency towards  the pyramid.

Here's Bonnyrigg's lighting design scaled to fit their pitch on google maps, then overlayed onto Newlandsfield (slightly smaller pitch it seems). The green area covering a small part of the residential building would be the issue for planning permission - I'm sure there would be a way to solve it with a different design, doesn't seem like an impossibility. Of course the reason to join a WoSFL would be to remain with the rest of the big west clubs, win the title, and get a Scottish Cup place?

newlandsfield.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

Just now, Burnie_man said:

So, are Talbot funding the lights or not?

Sure are they are funding the first phase which includes the ducting the cabling which includes all the peripheral lighting as well as the concrete plinths. The lights themselves will be erected through the building committee. Lot of hard work but with the social club extension attracting more sponsors then we will continue to be the club that attracts the football world to non-league football in Scotland. Great times being a Talbot supporter.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

Sure are they are funding the first phase which includes the ducting the cabling which includes all the peripheral lighting as well as the concrete plinths. The lights themselves will be erected through the building committee. Lot of hard work but with the social club extension attracting more sponsors then we will continue to be the club that attracts the football world to non-league football in Scotland. Great times being a Talbot supporter.

So the lights are being jointly funded by the club and the supporters, you'll be ready for the Lowland League in 20/21.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

So the lights are being jointly funded by the club and the supporters, you'll be ready for the Lowland League in 20/21.

We'll be ready for any league that we are in. We go with the flow and carry the torch for Scottish non-league football.