Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

33 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So don't join the wosfl when it's formed. No one will be forced. Stay junior. Let's the clubs who can and want to gain a licence go for it and stop holding everyone back for the sake of those who are either stuck in 1982 or want to stay loyal to the juniors. There will be plenty of clubs all the way down the wrsjfa who would jump at the chance to play in a wosfl feeding the LL.

No-one is holding anyone back.

The mandate was for the SJFA to pursue entry into the pyramid as a whole not region by region and that is what is happening (or not you could argue)

if any club in the West is desperate to join the pyramid then let them garner support from like minded clubs and either breakaway from the SJFA  and form a  new Association or force a vote at the AGM  to give TJ a mandate to negotiate entry to the  pyramid for the West Region only.

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

No-one is holding anyone back.

The mandate was for the SJFA to pursue entry into the pyramid as a whole not region by region and that is what is happening (or not you could argue)

if any club in the West is desperate to join the pyramid then let them garner support from like minded clubs and either breakaway from the SJFA  and form a  new Association or force a vote at the AGM  to give TJ a mandate to negotiate entry to the  pyramid for the West Region only.

If that were the case  (and I believe you're correct), why did TJ believe the West and East "were in" despite the NRJFA saying they had no interest? was he pursuing a different mandate to what he had been given?

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If that were the case  (and I believe you're correct), why did TJ believe the West and East "were in" despite the NRJFA saying they had no interest? was he pursuing a different mandate to what he had been given?

No, just telling us what he had been told by the SFA.

So

You either believe him or not and at this moment in time with the actions of the SFA not knowing their arse from their elbow over boundary lines and what Leagues they actually have under their jurisdiction, and constantly changing goalposts  I tend to come down on the side of TJ (however much that irks you) because he at least has been consistent in his comments and opinions 

No, just telling us what he had been told by the SFA.

So

You either believe him or not and at this moment in time with the actions of the SFA not knowing their arse from their elbow over boundary lines and what Leagues they actually have under their jurisdiction, and constantly changing goalposts  I tend to come down on the side of TJ (however much that irks you) because he at least has been consistent in his comments and opinions 

You miss my point, if he only had a mandate to take the SJFA intact into the Pyramid, why was he so keen to tell everyone "we're in" when he knew the North weren't interested? That should have meant nobody was in until either the North changed their opinion or the AGM changed the mandate he was working to.

58 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:
Largs are the same so I'm lead to believe.  Apart from Maryhill its only clubs with plazzy pitches and souless grounds that could be excepted.

I wouldn't call our ground "soulless".

I'm talking about the tennis court affairs with plazzy pitches and no terrace.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:
Largs are the same so I'm lead to believe.  Apart from Maryhill its only clubs with plazzy pitches and souless grounds that could be excepted.

I wouldn't call our ground "soulless".

The pyramid sounds mince if any club seeks a license but is in a premier feeder league full of teams that don't have the facilities to be promoted up a tier. I'm sure all the West Premier sides that have won the title don't have lights. This season if we were in the pyramid then I think Cumnock and Glencairn have the only facilities for promotion. Glencairn have been yoyoing between the premier and championship and Cumnock are shite.

It's about time that the SFA stopped trying to appease dinosaur blazers in getting junior divisions across en masse and simply set up a West of Scotland and call for applications. There might be some interest from Junior clubs at the start, but even if there is not juniors are not in fact the only type of football club in west-central Scotland. Let teams in now who will actually aspire to building themselves up instead of waiting forever for clubs who are happy to preserve their own enclosed fiefdom indefinitely. 

And in turn of course, any club that chooses to stay out of a WoS league should have their SFA license revoked and denied entry to the Scottish Cup.  Fair is fair. 

It's about time that the SFA stopped trying to appease dinosaur blazers in getting junior divisions across en masse and simply set up a West of Scotland and call for applications. There might be some interest from Junior clubs at the start, but even if there is not juniors are not in fact the only type of football club in west-central Scotland. Let teams in now who will actually aspire to building themselves up instead of waiting forever for clubs who are happy to preserve their own enclosed fiefdom indefinitely. 
And in turn of course, any club that chooses to stay out of a WoS league should have their SFA license revoked and denied entry to the Scottish Cup.  Fair is fair. 

Out of interest,if there was no interest from any of WRJFA clubs,what clubs do you think could make up a WOS pyramid league?

1 minute ago, PRICEY said:

Out of interest,if there was no interest from any of WRJFA clubs,what clubs do you think could make up a WOS pyramid league?

Then there’s the problem of the SoS league...

I think you’ll find that, if set up PROPERLY, there will easily be 10+ teams joining but you’ve got to break an egg n all that

26 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

The pyramid sounds mince if any club seeks a license but is in a premier feeder league full of teams that don't have the facilities to be promoted up a tier. I'm sure all the West Premier sides that have won the title don't have lights. This season if we were in the pyramid then I think Cumnock and Glencairn have the only facilities for promotion. Glencairn have been yoyoing between the premier and championship and Cumnock are shite.

Going into 2019-20 Auchinleck are in the middle of fundraising for floodlights. Cumnock, Clydebank with the renovated Holm Park, Rutherglen Glencairn would probably get licensed. Kilwinning moving to the Sports Club gives them floodlights but they might need additional work done on other aspects like cover for a 100. Just like Benburb, and by virtue of groundsharing Rossvale, would need cover at the very least.

That's 7/16 West Premiership clubs that could probably get licensed by the end of the 2019-20 season if they wanted to do it.

5 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

You'd probably see clubs filter through the SoS in the same way East Kilbride, Edusport and Bonnyton have done. Perhaps they could try for the EoS as well.

It's a limited pool outside the WRJFA, really just youth clubs looking for a senior outlet to continue their pathway.

The reason for a limited number of floodlights is because the juniors have archaic rules that actively discourage installing them. With these rules gone and now being replaced by rules that encourage their use in the east number of clubs have started installing them. Others are pursuing it. Probably the most active era for installations is happening over the next 5 years since the late 50s, it’s inevitable that the west would do similar if they joined.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

The reason for a limited number of floodlights is because the juniors have archaic rules that actively discourage installing them. With these rules gone and now being replaced by rules that encourage their use in the east number of clubs have started installing them. Others are pursuing it. Probably the most active era for installations is happening over the next 5 years since the late 50s, it’s inevitable that the west would do similar if they joined.

Unless the council gift you a plazzy pitch nearly all Junior clubs can't afford lights. We are installing ours in two stages as  the cost to our building committee is far above what we have raised in previous projects. That includes a 500 seat stand.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Going into 2019-20 Auchinleck are in the middle of fundraising for floodlights. Cumnock, Clydebank with the renovated Holm Park, Rutherglen Glencairn would probably get licensed. Kilwinning moving to the Sports Club gives them floodlights but they might need additional work done on other aspects like cover for a 100. Just like Benburb, and by virtue of groundsharing Rossvale, would need cover at the very least.

That's 7/16 West Premiership clubs that could probably get licensed by the end of the 2019-20 season if they wanted to do it.

Kilwinnings new ground doesn't have lights. Clydebank have lights but will need extensive upgrading to their facilities.

Pricey, I'd think all the clubs who either have floodlights or are close to being in a position (like Talbot) would apply. There would be others who wanted to take the punt much like others in the east. I'd be confident that there would be enough teams to make a league of a good quality in the West. As I've said before, if clubs do t want to move they don't have to. As a footnote you don't need lights to play in the wos league once it's formed, you only need it for a licence for Scottish or to play in the LL.

16 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Unless the council gift you a plazzy pitch nearly all Junior clubs can't afford lights. We are installing ours in two stages as  the cost to our building committee is far above what we have raised in previous projects. That includes a 500 seat stand.

I can almost hear the violins playing from here... poor Talbot :whistle

Pricey, I'd think all the clubs who either have floodlights or are close to being in a position (like Talbot) would apply. There would be others who wanted to take the punt much like others in the east. I'd be confident that there would be enough teams to make a league of a good quality in the West. As I've said before, if clubs do t want to move they don't have to. As a footnote you don't need lights to play in the wos league once it's formed, you only need it for a licence for Scottish or to play in the LL.

Same question again,out with the Juniors,which clubs would you suggest?.

I think it is easy for people to speculate what clubs would do but we really need a new vote to know where we really stand. Until we know what the exact situation is no planning can take place. Opinions may have changed due to outside factors (real or not).

As I have said before I think Maxwell and Petrie would be advised to come and speak to the clubs and give them the facts around licensing and what they see as the future otherwise we will waste the next season and then be in the same position with no alternative in place and clubs in limbo. West clubs (who may want to progress) can’t plan at the moment as no one knows what will happen.