Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I will say, I only spoke to a couple of committee members who were aged in their mid-fifties and that was their view, they don't see the future or positives in seniors but then again they may not know the full ins an outs. Also, I believe when all the clubs voted to join the seniors in one group, (west) they were not to know that the SFA changed the rules after citing they all must have floodlights if joining.

There will be clubs who will join with the rest of the West juniors but for example, PollokFc and MaryhillFC I cannot see their stadia changing to accommodate floodlights or the rules and regulations, (entrances for away supporters etc.. (sure that's a stipulated rule lol).  There are so nuisance information coming from everywhere, there are people making decisions for their own gain.
There should be a WOS as well as a EOS and SOS, it's just common sense and then leagues under that.

I would agree, a lot of people don't know the full ins and outs. If those committee members were told the only changes were that the West Premiership winner gets promoted if licensed and their rules were aligned with the SFA, then they might change their tune? It's also not about comparing the current situation junior versus senior - a mistake people made in the east - you need to think about the future junior situation if for example some teams left to form a West senior league.

For the umpteenth time: floodlights are not a requirement to join the pyramid - you only need them to get a licence (for promotion to the Lowland League).

And there shouldn't be a SoS at the same level as the WoS/EoS.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

I would agree, a lot of people don't know the full ins and outs. If those committee members were told the only changes were that the West Premiership winner gets promoted if licensed and their rules were aligned with the SFA, then they might change their tune? It's also not about comparing the current situation junior versus senior - a mistake people made in the east - you need to think about the future junior situation if for example some teams left to form a West senior league.

For the umpteenth time: floodlights are not a requirement to join the pyramid - you only need them to get a licence (for promotion to the Lowland League).

Ever feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall?!

They’ve been too busy listening to TJ coming back and saying “it’s a done deal guys, in at tier 6, no problems at all”

All the time there were no objections to the WRJFA being part of the pyramid next season if their registrations and discipline were handled by the sfa/identical to everyone else’s. At that point TJ prevented his clubs from joining the pyramid and that is exactly where the blame lies, he himself has stopped west clubs being in next season to keep his job. Remember that at the AGM when he says “I tried guys but the big bad EoS prevented us from joining”
Maxwell was the architect of the done deal. Tj of course hung his coat tails around that particular idiot.
As I mentioned before I dont expect this agm to be the usual snorefest.

I will say, I only spoke to a couple of committee members who were aged in their mid-fifties and that was their view, they don't see the future or positives in seniors but then again they may not know the full ins an outs. Also, I believe when all the clubs voted to join the seniors in one group, (west) they were not to know that the SFA changed the rules after citing they all must have floodlights if joining.

There will be clubs who will join with the rest of the West juniors but for example, PollokFc and MaryhillFC I cannot see their stadia changing to accommodate floodlights or the rules and regulations, (entrances for away supporters etc.. (sure that's a stipulated rule lol).  There are so nuisance information coming from everywhere, there are people making decisions for their own gain.
There should be a WOS as well as a EOS and SOS, it's just common sense and then leagues under that.
The SFA should ask for a vote, just get their finger out set up a WOS and either invite or ask for applications, simples.

Maryhill could quite literally fulfill both those conditions. They also have floodlights.

18 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Umpteenth time, yes i hear ya. Originally didn't need it until if you reach, is it tier 6. Then recently did the SFA not stipulate new registration criteria should have floodlights. I could be wrong, been wrong in the past, been right in the past, theres that much crap being passed to and frow no wonder our football is in the state its in.

Also someone said Maryhill meet the criteria, how does it work for the fans home and away, is there another gate that can be used?  Only ever seen the main one used for all matches since I went to my first match there, 29 years ago.

How can you demote an SOS league to go below the |EOS and the new  WOS, when the SOS league has been in the pyramid system for a while before a WOS. Obviously, one division or league structure will be stronger than others, that's life.
Whose to say that the Highland league is a stronger league than the current EOS or the supposedly WOS once its added even though they are a tier above

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Are there still people out there who believe their club requires floodlights to join the pyramid? Honest to f**k (apologies but cmon).... For the sake of absolute clarity the pyramid current begins at tier 7 (eos conferences) with tier 6 being the eos Premier.... FLOODLIGHTS ARE ONLY REQUIRED FROM TIER 5 (LL) UPWARDS. THEY ARE NOT A REQUIREMENT TO JOIN THE PYRAMID.

Are there still people out there who believe their club requires floodlights to join the pyramid? Honest to f**k (apologies but cmon).... For the sake of absolute clarity the pyramid current begins at tier 7 (eos conferences) with tier 6 being the eos Premier.... FLOODLIGHTS ARE ONLY REQUIRED FROM TIER 5 (LL) UPWARDS. THEY ARE NOT A REQUIREMENT TO JOIN THE PYRAMID.

They are a requirement if you want a license and spfl membership.
That can cause confusion tbf

Just now, superbigal said:

Only if you are not doing your own research. Its embarrassing to see people still buying into that bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Also someone said Maryhill meet the criteria, how does it work for the fans home and away, is there another gate that can be used?  Only ever seen the main one used for all matches since I went to my first match there, 29 years ago.

BSC Glasgow played out of Lochburn Park during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons. They were licensed SFA members during the 2015-16 season.

Since 2015 I think the major thing to be introduced  to licensing around stadia was to do with access and seating for disabled spectators. They already have floodlights.

There is no confusion. Before posting nonsense on a forum go and read up on what you are discussing, like we all have had to. It is a requirement to get a licence and play in the Scottish, not to join the pyramid. There is no need to suggest it's alright to still be confused a year down the line. After all we are pretty much 800 od pages in and nothing much has changed since day dot, other than floodlight now being an absolute licence requirement.

Umpteenth time, yes i hear ya. Originally didn't need it until if you reach, is it tier 6. Then recently did the SFA not stipulate new registration criteria should have floodlights. I could be wrong, been wrong in the past, been right in the past, theres that much crap being passed to and frow no wonder our football is in the state its in.

How can you demote an SOS league to go below the |EOS and the new  WOS, when the SOS league has been in the pyramid system for a while before a WOS. Obviously, one division or league structure will be stronger than others, that's life.
Whose to say that the Highland league is a stronger league than the current EOS or the supposedly WOS once its added even though they are a tier above

Theres a bigger gate further down which could be used to cover that yes.

It's scary how much mis-information is out there, and I hear it from committee members of various clubs.

It really is frustrating as there is nothing to lose for the West Region clubs joining the pyramid, and everything to gain in terms of positive marketing opportunities.

20 minutes ago, Jason King said:

...is the separate entries for Home and Away fans nonsense as well? - went to a game involving an SPFL Premier League side this season and all fans entered by the same gates (see also a game in the LL).

For entry level you need to consider how you would segregate fans should there be a need to do so.

No-one I know connected in an official position to clubs within the Juniors is confused by licensing criteria but I can see why some fans are who pop in here from time to time.

If you take Pollok for example who will never be able to install floodlights in their current ground and thus gain a licence, what benefit is there to them moving from the Premier League in the Juniors to a new Senior WOSFL from which they're never going to get promotion anywhere so why bother.

I use Pollok as an example but that is the kind of question being asked at many Junior clubs at the moment and why there is such a lukewarm response and lack of sense of urgency towards  the pyramid.

So don't join the wosfl when it's formed. No one will be forced. Stay junior. Let's the clubs who can and want to gain a licence go for it and stop holding everyone back for the sake of those who are either stuck in 1982 or want to stay loyal to the juniors. There will be plenty of clubs all the way down the wrsjfa who would jump at the chance to play in a wosfl feeding the LL.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So don't join the wosfl when it's formed. No one will be forced. Stay junior. Let's the clubs who can and want to gain a licence go for it and stop holding everyone back for the sake of those who are either stuck in 1982 or want to stay loyal to the juniors. There will be plenty of clubs all the way down the wrsjfa who would jump at the chance to play in a wosfl feeding the LL.

How did you gauge this as a lot of clubs further down struggle to survive.

You are wrong, just like you were wrong a few posts ago but instead of finding out the facts you just posted different wrong info. Licensing criteria is on the SFA website, it really isn’t difficult to find, misinformation is only out there because people buy into and spread the BS that come from known liars like TJ.

...is the separate entries for Home and Away fans nonsense as well? - went to a game involving an SPFL Premier League side this season and all fans entered by the same gates (see also a game in the LL).

For entry level you need to consider how you would segregate fans should there be a need to do so.

As burnie-man points out it is a requirement to be able to segregate fans if required. It’s a fairly soft requirement. I’ve been to more that 1 spfl ground where fans queue side by side outside with a bit of builders fencing the separates them once inside directing fans towards ‘ their end’, taped off sections also serve as segregation. Shared catering a toilet facilities are pretty common place. Potaloos and burger vans end up being used when separate facilities are required.

If you take Pollok for example who will never be able to install floodlights in their current ground and thus gain a licence, what benefit is there to them moving from the Premier League in the Juniors to a new Senior WOSFL from which they're never going to get promotion anywhere so why bother.
I use Pollok as an example but that is the kind of question being asked at many Junior clubs at the moment and why there is such a lukewarm response and lack of sense of urgency towards  the pyramid.

I welcome the day when clubs start actively looking for solutions to these sort of problems rather that problems being found to halt progress.

I’m not suggesting pollok would find floodlights easy to install, but if you look at the locations around the country that are floodlight(not just football grounds) then solutions can often be found. Pollok find themselves regular WoS champions and meeting all other licensing requirements a solution will be found.

Yes but they won't all immediate want to get a licence or get an opportunity to play in the LL. There are clubs who would want to at least try and better themselves over time. As I said if this is of no interest to a club, fair doos, don't join. This whole debacle is tiresome now. It is becoming evident that certain people have succeeded in their scaremongering.