Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id love to see a league with Bankies, Troon, Cumnock, Ladeside, Largs, Kilwinning, Yoker, Maryhill, Petershill, Gartcairn and hopefully Beith etc as a LL2, (ive no idea of the thoughts of those clubs, just places I like visiting and clubs I admire) i’ve no idea which clubs responded positively to bsc last year but I believe there was widespread interest.

I think now would be the time for BSC and the clubs who responded positively to speak up. If the guy who is meant to be representing the clubs is incapable or unwilling to do so, then the clubs need to do it themselves.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

If the will is there from a minimum of 8 clubs(Would give a 28 game season if the played 4*) then there is still the possibility of a West League falling in below the LL.

Yes it could be possible.

I have never met, nor spoken to Tom Johnston, but there is an amazing loyalty shown to him by the West Juniors, the remaining East Juniors, and probably the North Juniors.  Based solely upon Junior posters on this forum (to date), I haven't seen any indication that this will change in the near future.

For the record, I for one would very much like to see the West Juniors  join the pyramid. They would strengthen  it, for the benefit of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Yes it could be possible.

I have never met, nor spoken to Tom Johnston, but there is an amazing loyalty shown to him by the West Juniors, the remaining East Juniors, and probably the North Juniors.  Based solely upon Junior posters on this forum (to date), I haven't seen any indication that this will change in the near future.

For the record, I for one would very much like to see the West Juniors  join the pyramid. They would strengthen  it, for the benefit of Scottish football.

I've never really understood the loyalty myself. Since Clydebank got involved in the juniors, I haven't seen much positive influence from him. Perhaps a lot goes on behind closed doors that we don't all see, but for me, for the last few years at least, he has done nothing to move the juniors forward.

15 hours ago, wow-wee said:

As I said the West management are probably in the dark as much as everyone else what's going on as they said tonight they expect there will be only one super league in the east. One big mess in my opinion

This kinda illustrates why the leagues should have been represented at the very outset at PWG and not the SJFA/TJ to speak on their behalf.  I hope the penny is beginning to drop.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

LL2 west?

Sensible way to go, whether it is merging the west juniors in(Now not an option it would seem) or asking those who are interested to sign up now.

Edited by Ross.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I've never really understood the loyalty myself. Since Clydebank got involved in the juniors, I haven't seen much positive influence from him. Perhaps a lot goes on behind closed doors that we don't all see, but for me, for the last few years at least, he has done nothing to move the juniors forward.

I feel very sorry for Clydebank, who I am sure would have followed Kelty's lead, had they had security of somewhere to play, when they first applied to join the EoSL. Understandably, they have subsequently chosen to await the West clubs joining the pyramid.

Someone on here has said that their application to join the EoSL, has not been withdrawn. Not sure if this is true or not. 

I feel very sorry for Clydebank, who I am sure would have followed Kelty's lead, had they had security of somewhere to play, when they first applied to join the EoSL. Understandably, they have subsequently chosen to await the West clubs joining the pyramid.
Someone on here has said that their application to join the EoSL, has not been withdrawn. Not sure if this is true or not. 

Pretty sure its too late and the costs of putting a competitive team out in the eosl without licensing would be prohibitive?

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Pretty sure its too late and the costs of putting a competitive team out in the eosl without licensing would be prohibitive?

Yes I am sure you are right about Clydebank......sadly !

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

LL2 west?

Not in the foreseeable future.  Only 2 clubs in the west of Scotland are licensed

* Girvan, who could rejoin the SoSL if they wanted to join the pyramid now (floodlights ?)

* Glasgow University, who are not interested at the present time.

I understand being licensed  is a requirement at tier 5 of the pyramid.

Not in the foreseeable future.  Only 2 clubs in the west of Scotland are licensed
* Girvan, who could rejoin the SoSL if they wanted to join the pyramid now (floodlights ?)
* Glasgow University, who are not interested at the present time.
I understand being licensed  is a requirement at tier 5 of the pyramid.

LL2 west would be tier 6?

What happened at the West Region meeting, still going down the split route next season?
I understand that it is to be discussed and voted on at the AGM in June. Perhaps that is sensible as by that time we will know if we are in the pyramid or not. If it's not happening this summer, or if none of the clubs in the league would be eligible for promotion due to licensing issues, then there would be no need to change from the 30-game season for next season at least.

Id love to see a league with Bankies, Troon, Cumnock, Ladeside, Largs, Kilwinning, Yoker, Maryhill, Petershill, Gartcairn and hopefully Beith etc as a LL2, (ive no idea of the thoughts of those clubs, just places I like visiting and clubs I admire) i’ve no idea which clubs responded positively to bsc last year but I believe there was widespread interest.

Can you set up another league in the west without first discussing it with the SFA? They would have to look at refereeing issues, discipline, there would also be the issue of governance invitations and to clubs to join (I know that these were your suggestions but find it kind of insulting the amount of clubs you ignored).

Having read what was said last night it would seem the west clubs have been getting told one thing with another being told to TJ. His job is to act in the best interest of clubs and for me, having read all this, he hasn’t done that. That means me eating some humble pie.

If it was put to him that the west could join for next season that is a material change and should of lead to a consultation of the west clubs. This is the counter proposal that I have been waiting to be made. This should have been presented to the clubs with a free vote taking place. This would have allowed for clubs to decide their futures!

It’s beginning to seem like a WOS league is the only way forward and if i were still involved I would be wanting my club to lead from the front on this.