Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, santheman said:

It was the clubs that voted it in. If they weren't happy with the proposal at the time they could have tabled amendments and voted on any alternatives put forward (but they didn't ) so they must be happy with the original proposal.

And was the guidance given / provided to clubs in absolutely good faith?

10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

And was the guidance given / provided to clubs in absolutely good faith?

Who knows?

I would certainly like to think so.

If it turned out not to be the case then it would be up to the clubs to decide how to proceed.

And how many dealings have you had with him or is your opinion based on what you read on here?

Have you read Kelty's explanation on why the didn't pursue joining the pyramid as part of the juniors? Nobody can read that and think he acts in good faith with clubs, his attitude then and on other occasions is disgraceful.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Have you read Kelty's explanation on why the didn't pursue joining the pyramid as part of the juniors? Nobody can read that and think he acts in good faith with clubs, his attitude then and on other occasions is disgraceful.

So

What you've read about him then

2 hours ago, santheman said:

And how many dealings have you had with him or is your opinion based on what you read on here?

Observation of the running of the junior grade and lack of transparency in his action during the pyramid negotiations don't present a positive image.

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Do you like him? I don't personallly dislike him I don't know the man but the way he has handled the whole affair doesn't help

Whats the latest from Easter Road Al is there a lock in.Have youz got Petrie and Maxwell up in front of the firing squad yet lol

37 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Do you like him? I don't personallly dislike him I don't know the man but the way he has handled the whole affair doesn't help

I don’t like or dislike him but give him the respect his position deserves despite having had many run ins with him.

I’m merely pointing out that there is a tendency on this thread in particular for posters who have never even met or spoke to the guy to paint him as some kind of devil incarnate based on one side of a story knowing that he will never have the opportunity to come onto a public forum to give his side.

If it turns out he has been feeding us bullshit then he will have to answer to the clubs.

If however everything he has told us comes to pass then he will get the plaudits.

38 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

Whats the latest from Easter Road Al is there a lock in.Have youz got Petrie and Maxwell up in front of the firing squad yet lol

Watch for the smoke signals, which should be  'visible' soon  from Easter Road !

But will there be any kind of message emerging from further west, transparent or not ?

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Watch for the smoke signals, which should be  'visible' soon  from Easter Road !

But will there be any kind of message emerging from further west, transparent or not ?

I was at the West region meeting tonight and it was said the West region will enter the pyramid next season but as no team in the premier has a sfa licence then they can't play in the play offs .

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

I was at the West region meeting tonight and it was said the West region will enter the pyramid next season but as no team in the premier has a sfa licence then they can't play in the play offs .

Can't exactly be in the pyramid, if there's no play-off? We've already seen Cumnock + 1 say they're applying, plus i'm sure the likes of Auchinleckt can source floodlights in the space of a year.

Was anything said about the split proposal?

4 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Assuming you are talking about potential play offs with the LL?

9 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Was this conditional on the ERJFA also entering at tier 6 ?

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

Assuming you are talking about potential play offs with the LL?

Yes play offs for the LL no premier club's have a licence so can't play in the play offs as for club's who have applied it was unclear if any new licences will be granted the sfa have put a hold on any new licenced club's at the moment the East meeting may know more than the west.

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Was this conditional on the ERJFA also entering at tier 6 ?

As far as the West management know there will be 4 leagues in at tier 6 including esjfa.

Edited by wow-wee