Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

26 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Not a problem Savlon. It's still basically a junior set up (conveniently without the taysiders) now going about under a different name and poncing about calling themselves "seniors"  and "professionals".  Regular pumpings for teams in the Beazer Conferences  (scores like16-0, 9-1, 8-1 and so many more I could mention.) You couldn't make it up. Just waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out. LMAO

Thankfully you'd never get teams in the Juniors scoring 12 or 14 in league games this season.

Oh...…….

LMAO at the continued negativity from those afraid to embrace the future and who cling to a dying grade just because.

Not a problem Savlon. It's still basically a junior set up (conveniently without the taysiders) now going about under a different name and poncing about calling themselves "seniors"  and "professionals".  Regular pumpings for teams in the Beazer Conferences  (scores like16-0, 9-1, 8-1 and so many more I could mention.) You couldn't make it up. Just waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out. LMAO
What a mess [emoji23]

4 hours ago, Vollyman said:
4 hours ago, Robert James said:
Above post from 13th March. Question :
Have both the 2 NEW teams listed in the proposed 2019/20 South Premier above (subsequently) applied to join the Juniors, and if so, what are their names and where are their home grounds ?

Details of new clubs will be made to the member clubs at the AGM where the member clubs will vote to admit or reject their application. I believe the EOS adopt a similar proceedure. Why should this stupid question be asked? Another attempt to discredit the ERJFA

Volleyman :-

Why is it a "stupid question" ?   Also, why is it "another attempt to discredit the ERJFA" ?

If you have read some of questions on the EoS forum this year, you will see that I have asked several questions about  new/potential  clubs joining the EoS, and also some posts about the North Caledonian League, in a similar vein, last year.

Please advise.

34 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Can you call it regular pumpings when it's only for a single season?

19 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Change is never universally popular there are always a few dissenting voices. I have never heard any complaints the new structure will be ratified along with entry into the pyramid starting at tier 6 at the ERJFA AGM

I really don't like the look of the new structure, I think the leagues will be terribly unattractive. I highly doubt this will do any good to attendances. I enjoy watching the odd ERJFA game all across the region. I honestly think that I won't bother except for the odd Lochee home game game (as I live near the ground) if this new structure goes ahead. Despite everything what happened I still enjoyed going to East juniors games this season and following the leagues, but next season???

What is gobsmacking to me is the amount of people that clearly hate the Juniors, yet can't tear themselves away from a Junior forum.
On here constantly telling us all how bad it is and how much better it would be if we just rolled over and allowed a grade of football to disappear despite the fact it served many of them well whilst the EOSFL was dying on it's arse. A point that, I imagine, many of the same posters would have been quick to point out before their own team jumped aboard the bandwagon.
I've never understood this loyalty to the grade. The SFL and SPL merged recently to become the SPFL. The football Clyde play has not changed from SFL Division 3 to SPFL League 2. Obviously concessions had to be made on both sides to voting structure, TV money etc.

It is so obvious that the EOS and East Juniors should merge. Having 3 leagues at tier 6 in the East is mental. Surely the remaining teams in the East juniors would prefer to be playing the junior sides that moved over to the EOS rather than the proposed setup?

The merger should have been discussed straight out the gate at the PWG meetings.

23 hours ago, Robert James said:

Above post from 13th March. Question :

Have both the 2 NEW teams listed in the proposed 2019/20 South Premier above (subsequently) applied to join the Juniors, and if so, what are their names and where are their home grounds ?

One amateur team from Linlithgow (although they are moving to Bo'ness) has announced that they are applying for membership. 

Edited by fatbadger442

2 hours ago, fatbadger442 said:

One amateur team from Linlithgow (although they are moving to Bo'ness) has announced that they are applying for membership. 

And when that group of mates move on  / retire, the team will cease to exist - see Falkirk Juniors.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

And when that group of mates move on  / retire, the team will cease to exist - see Falkirk Juniors.

Quite a big difference. Linlithgow Thistle has been going for 19 years. As Bo’ness United Juniors, they’ll be part of the football pathway in Bo’ness.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Here we goScreenshot_20190423-182157_Chrome.jpg

As I suspected from unnecessary licensing  delays this year, football politics has intervened. 

Ian Maxwell needs to explain WHY the Board deferred any decision.   Transparency needed for the 17 or so clubs concerned, who have invested time and money in meeting the standard required by the SFA, as set out in its 2019 handbook..

9 hours ago, fatbadger442 said:

Thanks for the clarification. So is it two new clubs, or only one ?

4 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Quite a big difference. Linlithgow Thistle has been going for 19 years. As Bo’ness United Juniors, they’ll be part of the football pathway in Bo’ness.

Linlithgow Thistle =  Bo'ness Juniors, or am I missing something ?  If not, who are the 2nd new club ?

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Thanks for the clarification. So is it two new clubs, or only one ?

Linlithgow Thistle =  Bo'ness Juniors, or am I missing something ?  If not, who are the 2nd new club ?

It's Linlithgow Thistle becoming Bo'ness United Juniors. Playing at the same ground as Bo'ness United.

And Linlithgow Rose CFC apparently becoming Linlinthgow Rose Juniors. If I remember this correctly who will be playing out of the facility that Linlithgow Thistle are leaving to move to Bo'ness.

As I suspected from unnecessary licensing  delays this year, football politics has intervened. 
Ian Maxwell needs to explain WHY the Board deferred any decision.   Transparency needed for the 17 or so clubs concerned, who have invested time and money in meeting the standard required by the SFA, as set out in its 2019 handbook..

Cant help thinking that, although they would never say it, that the deferral is to hold EOS teams to ransom - no licence until they agree to proposals on the table.

Surely not though eh?

31 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Cant help thinking that, although they would never say it, that the deferral is to hold EOS teams to ransom - no licence until they agree to proposals on the table.

Surely not though eh?

A risky strategy  by the SFA if true, as the licensing applications were submitted in good faith by the clubs concerned. If delays cost  money (for no reason related to the applications themselves), then this arguably falls into a breach of contract, as the clubs paid the prescribed fee at the outset.

I am surprised that the media hasn't picked up this ongoing saga, and questioned the SFA direct.

Edited by Robert James
typo

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Wrong forum guys, the EOS forum is elsewhere.

Edited by Truthteller