Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Clubs are businesses, however badly ran some may be. If money is not a priority, the wrong people are in charge. Football clubs differ from most businesses in that any profit is immediately needed to be reinvested to remain competitive (as opposed to be removed to the benefit of those running it), but clubs that turn their noses up at means of increasing revenue are daft. And can be found in the withered East Region.

But not in the west ?

What is gobsmacking to me is that the people at the very pinnacle of our game, who are there to look after it and take it forward, think their plan is acceptable and then think it's acceptable to try and force it on member leagues and clubs who think it's completely flawed.
What is gobsmacking to me is the amount of people that clearly hate the Juniors, yet can't tear themselves away from a Junior forum.
On here constantly telling us all how bad it is and how much better it would be if we just rolled over and allowed a grade of football to disappear despite the fact it served many of them well whilst the EOSFL was dying on it's arse. A point that, I imagine, many of the same posters would have been quick to point out before their own team jumped aboard the bandwagon.

What is gobsmacking to me is the amount of people that clearly hate the Juniors, yet can't tear themselves away from a Junior forum.
On here constantly telling us all how bad it is and how much better it would be if we just rolled over and allowed a grade of football to disappear despite the fact it served many of them well whilst the EOSFL was dying on it's arse. A point that, I imagine, many of the same posters would have been quick to point out before their own team jumped aboard the bandwagon.
Don't have a meltdown Beenze, you promised me it was all done and dusted a few months back so settle down and relax.

Hate to break it to you but if the sjfa joins up to the pyramid & thus becomes integrated with the rest of semi-professional football the grade divide becomes irelevant. Can't have an integrated system but two different grades within it. For all intent & purposes any club in a league that answers to the SFA directly & is bound directly by its rules is senior.

No, for example Whitburn and Fauldhouse chose to stay in the east region, took the hit and along with others now believe the best option for the ER is to regionalise, probably for financial reasons. 
IMO the clubs that bailed out to the EOS chose to do so because (a) they didn't fancy travelling over the Tay Bridge, (b) saw the Tayside clubs as unwanted competition and © saw the £££££££££££ on offer for joining the EOS.
So for example Hill of Beath Haws didn't fancy travelling to Dundee (35 miles, motorway and dual carriageway all the way, a journey of less than an hour each way) but did fancy travelling to Coldstream (75 miles away, mostly on windy roads, a 90 minute journey each way) to Tweedmouth 80 miles away or to Gretna or Mid-Armadale in the Cup? And even if it was about the money, so what? Why would Hill of Beath want to stay in the East Juniors when they'll be in the East of Scotland Premier playing against some decent teams and with their traditional rivals Kelty in the same pyramid structure? Kelty v Haws in the Lowland League in a few years? Cowdenbeath potentially falling into that same league? Considering the East Juniors didn't want part of the pyramid at that stage, what possible reason would they have for staying?

On 13/03/2019 at 07:54, jc1 said:

As league standsScreenshot_20190313-075419_Word.jpg

Above post from 13th March. Question :

Have both the 2 NEW teams listed in the proposed 2019/20 South Premier above (subsequently) applied to join the Juniors, and if so, what are their names and where are their home grounds ?

Have both the 2 NEW teams listed in the proposed 2019/20 South Premier above (subsequently) applied to join the Juniors, and if so, what are their names and where are their home grounds ?

Details of new clubs will be made to the member clubs at the AGM where the member clubs will vote to admit or reject their application. I believe the EOS adopt a similar proceedure. Why should this stupid question be asked? Another attempt to discredit the ERJFA

5 minutes ago, Vollyman said:
28 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Details of new clubs will be made to the member clubs at the AGM where the member clubs will vote to admit or reject their application. I believe the EOS adopt a similar proceedure. Why should this stupid question be asked? Another attempt to discredit the ERJFA

Probably because the EoS are holding an EGM on Thursday to admit/reject their new applicants.  Not all leagues wait until AGM, therefore not a stupid question, settle down.

The EOS do. The applicants (which seems like three unless something left field happens) should be voted on at this Thursday's EOS meeting.

40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Truthteller said:
No, for example Whitburn and Fauldhouse chose to stay in the east region, took the hit and along with others now believe the best option for the ER is to regionalise, probably for financial reasons. 
IMO the clubs that bailed out to the EOS chose to do so because (a) they didn't fancy travelling over the Tay Bridge, (b) saw the Tayside clubs as unwanted competition and © saw the £££££££££££ on offer for joining the EOS.

So for example Hill of Beath Haws didn't fancy travelling to Dundee (35 miles, motorway and dual carriageway all the way, a journey of less than an hour each way) but did fancy travelling to Coldstream (75 miles away, mostly on windy roads, a 90 minute journey each way) to Tweedmouth 80 miles away or to Gretna or Mid-Armadale in the Cup? And even if it was about the money, so what? Why would Hill of Beath want to stay in the East Juniors when they'll be in the East of Scotland Premier playing against some decent teams and with their traditional rivals Kelty in the same pyramid structure? Kelty v Haws in the Lowland League in a few years? Cowdenbeath potentially falling into that same league? Considering the East Juniors didn't want part of the pyramid at that stage, what possible reason would they have for staying?

In case you haven’t noticed its almost the same teams who they will be playing who were previously in the ERSJA super league with the exception of the tayside teams

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

If the Juniors do in fact join the pyramid, in what way are they still a separate "grade of football", when every club is in the same senior system? Don't forget 121 clubs voted for the SJFA to join the pyramid and 25 before that thought they were better off in the pyramid, so it seems like it's the clubs who are causing the demise of the Juniors. It may have served clubs well in the past but that's not a reason for the status quo - times change and things move on.

Edited by Ginaro

Probably because the EoS are holding an EGM on Thursday to admit/reject their new applicants.  Not all leagues wait until AGM, therefore not a stupid question, settle down.
New applicants to the ERJFA must be accepted by the SJFA member clubs at their AGM before the ERJFA can admit them to their region.There is still time for new applicants if any EOS clubs wish to return to the region I am sure they would be made welcome.

4 minutes ago, Vollyman said:
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

New applicants to the ERJFA must be accepted by the SJFA member clubs at their AGM before the ERJFA can admit them to their region.There is still time for new applicants if any EOS clubs wish to return to the region I am sure they would be made welcome.

I wouldn't go holding your breath on that happening.

Are you able to confirm what the ERJFA league structure will be next season? Hearing the regionalisation plan isn't universally popular.

Edited by Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, Vollyman said:
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Why would they want too? To play in junior cup? Play more local games? West Lothian clubs are all in premier so basically playing old east region with a couple of Fife teams.  For Fife teams theirs more Fife teams in eosfl than in ersjfa south

I wouldn't go holding your breath on that happening.
Are you able to confirm what the ERJFA league structure will be next season? Hearing the regionalisation plan isn't universally popular.

Change is never universally popular there are always a few dissenting voices. I have never heard any complaints the new structure will be ratified along with entry into the pyramid starting at tier 6 at the ERJFA AGM

4 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Change is never universally popular there are always a few dissenting voices. I have never heard any complaints the new structure will be ratified along with entry into the pyramid starting at tier 6 at the ERJFA AGM

Rumour has it that having two "Superleagues" isn't going to win any friends when trying to persuade anyone re tier 6, which has already been vetoed anyway by the Lowland League and EoS.

18 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Won't be in at tier 6 anyway

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Truthteller said:
In case you haven’t noticed its almost the same teams who they will be playing who were previously in the ERSJA super league with the exception of the tayside teams

So basically you're conceding that your first and third points are in fact bollocks then? Well thank you.

Not a problem Savlon. It's still basically a junior set up (conveniently without the taysiders) now going about under a different name and poncing about calling themselves "seniors"  and "professionals".  Regular pumpings for teams in the Beazer Conferences  (scores like16-0, 9-1, 8-1 and so many more I could mention.) You couldn't make it up. Just waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out. LMAO