Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

43 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Oh dear, Fanny on a Camel strikes again.
If the East Juniors are so inferior and scared, why is the EOSFL so desperate to swallow them up.
It looks to me like the EOSFL are the ones scared of having the ERSJFA sitting alongside them.

Why should they. Surely if we were scared we wouldn't want all the teams in the structure as we would actually have a chance of playing them

There is a sensible argument to suggest the eos Premier and wos Premier should feed the LL (one automatic promotion spot each. The current ersjfa and sos should be integrated into both and given a season to adjust so everyone can find their operating level beneath both top leagues. 

What is clear is that there is no good reason to have two leagues, covering the same geographical area, at the same level in any pyramid. It makes no sense whatsoever and can only be stubbornness that makes it remotely possible it still exists at all. 

If we are serious about a pyramid, it needs to be thought out and not a jumbled mess that tries (and fails) to keep everyone happy and those 'non conformers' in their place. 

I fear we are on a road to making a catastrophic mess of non league football in our country. 

56 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I fear we are on a road to making a catastrophic mess of non league football in our country. 

Why should it be any different?

My fear since the outset has been the capacity of the authorities to implement a pyramid properly.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

There is a sensible argument to suggest the eos Premier and wos Premier should feed the LL (one automatic promotion spot each. The current ersjfa and sos should be integrated into both and given a season to adjust so everyone can find their operating level beneath both top leagues. 

What is clear is that there is no good reason to have two leagues, covering the same geographical area, at the same level in any pyramid. It makes no sense whatsoever and can only be stubbornness that makes it remotely possible it still exists at all. 

If we are serious about a pyramid, it needs to be thought out and not a jumbled mess that tries (and fails) to keep everyone happy and those 'non conformers' in their place. 

What is gobsmacking to me is that the people at the very pinnacle of our game, who are there to look after it and take it forward, think their plan is acceptable and then think it's acceptable to try and force it on member leagues and clubs who think it's completely flawed.

12 hours ago, superbigal said:

Some have objected to the principle of the east juniors having 2 super leagues at level 6 as opposed to the 1 on the proposal which is in line with the current junior structure.

Just a reminder that the eos have actually had 3 leagues at level 6 this season.

The point being I believe all leagues should be allowed to dictate their own structure.

As it turns out the eos do not actually have a firm proposal in place yet for below the premier.

Apparently the ERJFA have been allowed to "dictate their own structure" for 2019/20.   That isn't the problem.

The proposal is that they join at tier 6, and that the East Junior champion club enters the pyramid playoffs for promotion to the Lowland League.  However the fact is that approximately half the East Juniors (those north of the Tay Bridge), can't enter the Lowland League, even if they win the playoffs, and get licensed within 12 months.  The SFA's pyramid boundary prevents it, as they are in the HFL catchment area.  As far as I am aware, neither the SPFL, nor the HFL have been asked if they wish to change the existing boundary,by redrawing it suit Dundee and Angus junior clubs, who are yet officially part of the pyramid. Madness.

Sort out the SFA  boundary FIRST, the outcome of which might mean that EoS objections would be overcome/over-ruled.  Or alternatively the ERJFA may need to rethink its options for pyramid entry.  Otherwise stalemate ?

What is gobsmacking to me is that the people at the very pinnacle of our game, who are there to look after it and take it forward, think their plan is acceptable and then think it's acceptable to try and force it on member leagues and clubs who think it's completely flawed.

Like forcing the Tayside clubs to join a league they don’t want to......

5 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Like forcing the Tayside clubs to join a league they don’t want to......

Unfortunately for them, that is rules as they stand if they want to take part in the Pyramid, although clearly the SFA have forgotten that bit.

Edited by Burnie_man

Why should it be any different?
My fear since the outset has been the capacity of the authorities to implement a pyramid properly.

The PWG were formed in 2002 it’s taken 17 years to get to where we are now it is scandalous there has been no leadership from the SFA

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Isn't it the East Junior clubs doing that hence the proposal to regionalise?

No, for example Whitburn and Fauldhouse chose to stay in the east region, took the hit and along with others now believe the best option for the ER is to regionalise, probably for financial reasons. 

IMO the clubs that bailed out to the EOS chose to do so because (a) they didn't fancy travelling over the Tay Bridge, (b) saw the Tayside clubs as unwanted competition and (c) saw the £££££££££££ on offer for joining the EOS.

No, for example Whitburn and Fauldhouse chose to stay in the east region, took the hit and along with others now believe the best option for the ER is to regionalise, probably for financial reasons. 
IMO the clubs that bailed out to the EOS chose to do so because (a) they didn't fancy travelling over the Tay Bridge, (b) saw the Tayside clubs as unwanted competition and © saw the £££££££££££ on offer for joining the EOS.
You know, for someone choosing to call themselves Truthteller you're having a hard time coming up with many truths [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You know, for someone choosing to call themselves Truthteller you're having a hard time coming up with many truths emoji23.png

I understand your pain wee burnie, the truth is always hard to take.

BTW the £££££££££ comment didn't originate from me, it came from a club who were stuck in the East Premier and when asked why they were leaving the juniors they replied in front of others "the money".  Not my words, theirs and at least they were honest about it.

1 minute ago, Truthteller said:

BTW the £££££££££ comment didn't originate from me, it came from a club who were stuck in the East Premier and when asked why they were leaving the juniors they replied in front of others "the money".  Not my words, theirs and at least they were honest about it.

Is that wrong?

Just now, Truthteller said:

Trolling is your area of expertise right enough, you must be well happy Glenrothes are making the step up.

Even if some clubs main reason was the financial aspect, what exactly is the problem with that?  you're obsessed by it, your £££ key must be worn out.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Trolling is your area of expertise right enough, you must be well happy Glenrothes are making the step up.

Even if some clubs main reason was the financial aspect, what exactly is the problem with that?  you're obsessed by it, your £££ key must be worn out.

I'm delighted Glenrothes are moving on as they would have been relegated. #no brainer

Clubs are businesses, however badly ran some may be. If money is not a priority, the wrong people are in charge. Football clubs differ from most businesses in that any profit is immediately needed to be reinvested to remain competitive (as opposed to be removed to the benefit of those running it), but clubs that turn their noses up at means of increasing revenue are daft. And can be found in the withered East Region.

Edited by cmontheloknow