Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

9 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Also dealt with Ian Maxwell on a number of occasions and he is very knowledge on the juniors and I believe he only wants the best for Scottish Football and he looks to be getting as exasperated as me on this.

Ian Maxwell said in a meeting with the EoS clubs last September that he had little knowledge of non-league football.  That has been borne out by subsequent actions.

Ian Maxwell said in a meeting with the EoS clubs last September that he had little knowledge of non-league football.  That has been borne out by subsequent actions.

Maybe on the EOS side of things but certainly he knew more than the average premier league chief exec about juniors.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Maybe on the EOS side of things but certainly he knew more than the average premier league chief exec about juniors.

I'm just quoting what he said, and his actions so far underline it.

I understand that the an SFA meeting, regarding Club Licensing, is to be held on 18th April ( Agenda not currently circulating).

Does anyone know if this is the meeting which will determine the outcome of the (17 or so) club licence applications currently pending ?  Possibly including applications from two current West junior clubs ? 

Will it also consider any requests for derogation, submitted by any existing SFA licensed member clubs, who don't currently have floodlights (eg CS Strollers, Vale of Leithen, Girvan, Golspie,  Whitehill Welfare, etc) as they don't meet the floodlighting requirement, now contained in the revised 2019 edition of the SFA rules ? Or will this be a matter for each of these member clubs to address, when their own individual annual licensing review date is due ?

Edited by Robert James
typo error

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Some very fair points made in here. As I said earlier it is always (especially on here) that opinions are the main drivers. IMO it doesn’t look like the EOSFL are wanting to negotiate. There seemed to be no real developments from the East Region and EOSFL meeting except that they will meet again.

I understand from what I hear the 2 question questionnaire was okey’d by the SFA (was told this by someone else so cannot confirm this)

I have said all along that there is enough fault to go around. I find it hard to trust the EOSFL/LL due to previous dealings with them. And by the way I have had plenty of fallings out with T.J. too but he is only carrying out the will of the clubs in this case. Also dealt with Ian Maxwell on a number of occasions and he is very knowledge on the juniors and I believe he only wants the best for Scottish Football and he looks to be getting as exasperated as me on this.

I get that tj is carrying out the will of the clubs, however he and potentially others only provided two points to vote on.... That is what is currently holding things up and he isn't acting on the mandate for all, he has kind of forgotten about the North juniors in all this, again a massive statement on his part. 

The eosfl don't care about fines etc, they want discipline to be the same and don't want a feeder in their region at the same level.... All of which is a fair stance for me. I know you have had poor dealings previously but I do think the eosfl would happily take the ersjfa teams under the tayline into their conferences next season, without a moments hesitation, but not as a separate entity run by the sjfa. 

The discipline thing is mostly about fines in the West leagues. Clubs playing at tier 6 in the West getting fined but clubs in the east don't have fines (this could cost clubs over the course of a season). Also, if Cumbernauld or bsc or ek get relegated they will go into a tier 6 West feeder. They would go from not paying fines to paying fines, through no fault if their own, again not a great scenario. No one can confirm what the fine money pays for in the sjfa, I think it serves no purpose other than to fill someones (or the sjfa) pockets. 

Personally I'd love the west in, those in the eosfl do too, despite what other love to say about them. They could help set up a west feeder league and offered to last season for any breakaway clubs.... Something I think will be revisited if this whole debacle can't get fixed soon.

I hope it does for you guys but people like your man their from Clydebank is helping noone. But its because the SJFA arent clear on the position of teh East. Why should you be held back by the EAst especially as none of the south of the tay teams seem to want in the pyramid anyway

The SFA and the ERJFA have indicated that the south of Tay teams will be in the pyramid next season so why should they move to another league now that travel costs will be reduced and local games will attract better attendances.

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The SFA and the ERJFA have indicated that the south of Tay teams will be in the pyramid next season so why should they move to another league now that travel costs will be reduced and local games will attract better attendances.

They will never (as it stands) ever play matches against the better standard of club that left last summer. That seems like settling for eternal 3rd rate football to me.

22 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

I'm not going to even respond to that.

South of Tay clubs only and not the ERJFA, how will that work? And as things stand, how confident are you this is going to happen?

Why does a professional body like the SFA not have the ability to meet every day if required. Just wtf do they do.

Loads of sympathy for a cancelled meeting recently because of a funeral.

Sorry to be harsh but that does not wash. If they need to reschedule it should be for the next day.

At my work if I have a days holiday that day does not get put back for a month.

Lazy b*****dss all of them on full time salaries.

Whatever Greenhorns or Johnstons failings it is the full timers at the top of the tree to blame.

Why does a professional body like the SFA not have the ability to meet every day if required. Just wtf do they do.

Sorry to be harsh but that does not wash. If they need to reschedule it should be for the next day.

Whatever Greenhorns or Johnstons failings it is the full timers at the top of the tree to blame.

Have a look at who sits on the board, the only full time SFA employee is Maxwell. I get your point though and there's a wonderful thing called a conference call.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Have a look at who sits on the board, the only full time SFA employee is Maxwell.

So the SFA must have dozens of full timers. What do they do ? Why should they not make decisions.

If seriously Maxwell relies on a load of part timers , volounteers, dinasaurs etc to make decisions by having meetings every few months no wonder the nation is a laughing stock.

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So the SFA must have dozens of full timers. What do they do ? Why should they not make decisions.

If seriously Maxwell relies on a load of part timers , volounteers, dinasaurs etc to make decisions by having meetings every few months no wonder the nation is a laughing stock.

I'm agreeing with you.  The make-up of the SFA Board is laughable, Alloa, Cove Rangers, Scottish Amateur FA...........

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Also you were heard in San Marino shouting sack the board.

Was that including the eos reps or was that another board  ;)

Wisnae me :angel    Did I tell you about the time I found myself in a hotel lift in Minsk with TJ? one day.

Edited by Burnie_man

South of Tay clubs only and not the ERJFA, how will that work? And as things stand, how confident are you this is going to happen?

Very. I was responding to a previous post which only referred to South of Tay clubs sorry to cause you confusion.

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

Very. I was responding to a previous post which only referred to South of Tay clubs sorry to cause you confusion.

Given the total rejection of the SFA plan by the Lowland League and EoS, and the inability of the SFA to impose this, what gives you reason to be confident?  tie-up with the EoS?

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm agreeing with you.  The make-up of the SFA Board is laughable, Alloa, Cove Rangers, Scottish Amateur FA...........

People complain that the SFA don't know or care about non-league football. How would removing Cove and the SAFA improve that?

5 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

People complain that the SFA don't know or care about non-league football. How would removing Cove and the SAFA improve that?

I doubt the English FA needs to wait 4 weeks because of a funeral to make a decision.  Decision makers should be full time officials albeit with knowledge of all levels.

I do however note the part time blazers always seem to make time for Scotland away trips.  Why not schedule meetings while in those times ?

Edited by superbigal

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

The SFA have what is called the Non Professional Game Board, maybe they could pay more attention to it.

Personally i'd rather not see guys from pub fitba, Cove Rangers and Alloa Athletic sitting on an 8 person board with responsibility for the whole game. Bizarrely, TJ once sat on it.