Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

20 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Surely it wouldn't matter if Clydebank stayed. As of next season (assuming it goes ahead as planned) all current junior clubs will effectivley be senior as clubs will be bound directly by the SFA in regards to registration, discipline etc ie what the SJFA currently handles.

I'm assuming everything works out re: pyramid. Ofc if it doesnt I'd expect an SFA led WOS league & in that case it's a no brainer for Clydebank to go.

So you could have a SFL3, Lowland League, LL2 and a West of Scotland league all above the Juniors in the West.

So you could have a SFL3, Lowland League, LL2 and a West of Scotland league all above the Juniors in the West.
the WOSL led by the SFA only happens if for whatever reason the juniors, PWG & other bodies cant come to an agreement. If theres an agreement the WOSL doesnt happen and the current west premiership is tier 6 (assuming no LL2 or SPFL3 the latter of which is very unlikely to happen).

39 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
48 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

the WOSL led by the SFA only happens if for whatever reason the juniors, PWG & other bodies cant come to an agreement. If theres an agreement the WOSL doesnt happen and the current west premiership is tier 6 (assuming no LL2 or SPFL3 the latter of which is very unlikely to happen).

All they need to do is have a fixture list and go to sfa disciplinary rules in other words won't be in junior other than a name so don't get the point just get over as wosfl and call it a reboot whether there's sjfa or west region people invloved fine. Just get over and make Scottish football respectable instead of chaos. Lothian clubs join eosfl. Fife and tayside can have own league basically ersjfa to join lowland league if that's what sfa decides if they've to go if not rest of fifeatures should  join us and Tayside have a league going to highland league 

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

If they're junior it doesn't matter what's "above" them - they're not in the pyramid.

Why do Dundee team’s need to go to Highland League?
The EOS & LL are both on record as the mouth of the Tay being the dividing line. Moving Tayside clubs north also helps the lopsideness if Tayside was LL and means more SPFL clubs can come down to HL which makes things easier. If Tayside was LL then the HL would have only 5 SPFL clubs within its territory (Aberdeen, Elgin, Peterhead, Inverness & Ross County).

36 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Why do Dundee team’s need to go to Highland League?

They are 1 hr 15 mins from Dundee and about 2 and half hours from Inverness the same as they would be to gretna Dalbeattie etc so this that the trabelling too far for highland is nonsense it's almost the same

9 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They are 1 hr 15 mins from Dundee and about 2 and half hours from Inverness the same as they would be to gretna Dalbeattie etc so this that the trabelling too far for highland is nonsense it's almost the same

Have the Dundee clubs been asked what they think about it?

Have the Dundee clubs been asked what they think about it?

Who cares? They want to run a team in the North of Scotland then they play in the area designated for the North of Scotland clubs. If anything its better for the integrity of the pyramid if Tayside teams go as currently you have parity between HL and LL despite the proportion of clubs being weighted far more heavily to the LL.

4 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Surely it wouldn't matter if Clydebank stayed. As of next season (assuming it goes ahead as planned) all current junior clubs will effectivley be senior as clubs will be bound directly by the SFA in regards to registration, discipline etc ie what the SJFA currently handles.

I'm assuming everything works out re: pyramid. Ofc if it doesnt I'd expect an SFA led WOS league & in that case it's a no brainer for Clydebank to go.

SJFA have nowt to do with with registrations. (afaik). Reinstatements but not registrations.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Not sure it's up to them. Seems Lochee guy wants them to go to lowland league 

The WRJFA & ERJFA have been accepted into the pryamid from season 2019-20 this includes the clubs based in Tayside . There is no Tayside league and no proposals to form a Tayside league. 

4 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

The WRJFA & ERJFA have been accepted into the pryamid from season 2019-20 this includes the clubs based in Tayside . There is no Tayside league and no proposals to form a Tayside league. 

Other than a handful of clubs it's basically a Tayside league. No one has backed up your version of events although I quite believe it will be the case although it wouldnt surprise me if some of the non Tayside clubs move across 

8 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

What is the point in the armadale bathgate pumpherstons of this world gain by staying as they are and not wanting promotion to a league full of Tayside clubs or north fife. Before someone says it is know Armadale haven't refused promotion yet but the other 2 have

22 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I don't think anyone would take up such an option as it'd mean in the West being in tier 9. I don't see say the OF seeing benifit in having their colts up against the likes of Ardeer or Newmains et al.

The only example of colts/reserves I know of in junior football was Spartan reserves who ran for a few seasons a few years ago.

There is precedent for reserve teams in lower leagues - Stranraer and Annan reserves play in the South of Scotland league. I suspect however this is a historical geographical quirk.