Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, bluebell1 said:

Clubs who potentially get relegated from lowland league at anytime go back to the league they were promoted from.  Hypothetically For example Kelty to eos and lochee to east region junior superleague.

Geographic boundaries are being reveiewrd.

Not rocket science to be fair.  

I was at the meeting yes.  

For me it’s fine we get on with the eos and the juniors stay intact within the pyramid.

This season isn’t great as far as we’re concerned income is down from last years superleague but we expected that and am sure next season the newly formed eos 16 team league will be a good league.

Am looking forward to it all getting revealed officially and we move on.

Would be good from next season to have a cup competition across all clubs and hopefully that can be sorted as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Was there any discussion on changes to the Licensing requirements and the implications for clubs like Dundonald Bluebell entering the Scottish Cup next season with Coldstream, Whitehill Welfare etc.?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup/fixtures-results/

Will existing clubs like Coldstream have to meet tougher requirements?

Will current Junior Clubs affiliated to the WRJFA and ERJFA be able to or encouraged to apply for a Licence?

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Never knew calling someone a voyeur was name calling emoji23.png keep going north, you'll eventually reach Iceland. Not as good as the Co-op though, their fish fingers are a bit soggy.

I'm well acquainted with Iceland, some of us can make it further than the wastelands. I wouldn't expect you to understand a term as complex as voyeur, so no point explaining that  it's rarely a neutral term. You probably think it's a space shuttle. For clarity, I enjoy watching junior football, think the lemming circus will fall flat on its arse and would never dream of saying anyone should do what I do...that would be arrogant. There is a difference between taking the bait from a deranged wasteland dweller and trying to get the simplest notion into his soft head. This is the latter. Junior football, with its character and indeed characters is what I enjoy. If you enjoy the circus, enjoy it with all of the other turkeys, but comment about THAT, not a strand of football you're not involved in and was probably heartily glad to be rid of the godforsaken hole, it's soulless carpet and  'defend everything the club does' sycophants. They're not soggy fish fingers by the way, it's the evolution of the next generation of locals.

Edited by froggie

9 minutes ago, froggie said:

Junior football, with its character and indeed characters is what I enjoy. If you enjoy the circus, enjoy it with all of the other turkeys, but comment about THAT, not a strand of football you're not involved in 

Blurb removed. This is just incredible stuff really. I've watched Linlithgow Rose through generations. Last weekend, I went to the same Prestonfield. I watched many of the same players as last season. They hit the ball into the same goals. The guys I watched the match with were the same ones I always watch the match with. 

Apart from a transitional season whilst we deal with the merger of clubs from different leagues, nothing is materially different other than that I miss the junior cup despite its multitude of flaws. 

Clubs who potentially get relegated from lowland league at anytime go back to the league they were promoted from.  Hypothetically For example Kelty to eos and lochee to east region junior superleague.
Geographic boundaries are being reveiewrd.
Not rocket science to be fair.  
I was at the meeting yes.  
For me it’s fine we get on with the eos and the juniors stay intact within the pyramid.
This season isn’t great as far as we’re concerned income is down from last years superleague but we expected that and am sure next season the newly formed eos 16 team league will be a good league.
Am looking forward to it all getting revealed officially and we move on.
Would be good from next season to have a cup competition across all clubs and hopefully that can be sorted as well.

Thanks for replying. Still can't see there being the appetite or logic for two leagues representing the same region but if the boundaries can be tweaked and a West of Scotland League can be set up we'll be a lot closer to a fully working pyramid.
I'm well acquainted with Iceland, some of us can make it further than the wastelands. I wouldn't expect you to understand a term as complex as voyeur, so no point explaining that  it's rarely a neutral term. You probably think it's a space shuttle. For clarity, I enjoy watching junior football, think the lemming circus will fall flat on its arse and would never dream of saying anyone should do what I do...that would be arrogant. There is a difference between taking the bait from a deranged wasteland dweller and trying to get the simplest notion into his soft head. This is the latter. Junior football, with its character and indeed characters is what I enjoy. If you enjoy the circus, enjoy it with all of the other turkeys, but comment about THAT, not a strand of football you're not involved in and was probably heartily glad to be rid of the godforsaken hole, it's soulless carpet and  'defend everything the club does' sycophants. They're not soggy fish fingers by the way, it's the evolution of the next generation of locals.
Another one of these "junior traditions" type posts. Which traditions, characters and the like are unique to the juniors that aren't currently or couldn't subsequently be seen in the other non leagues? Other than the Junior Cup, and I agree with bluebell1 above in that an all-in non league cup would be good to see, I've yet to hear any junior fan come up with a proper response.

24 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Out of interest how are the cups available now in the EoS comparing? There's, what, five cups you can play in this season?

Alex jack is a priority doesn't have the glamourbut it takes time to change it.

For me Tayside should be nowhere near lowland league. Big difference in travelling this season without them. 

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Thanks for replying. Still can't see there being the appetite or logic for two leagues representing the same region but if the boundaries can be tweaked and a West of Scotland League can be set up we'll be a lot closer to a fully working pyramid.
Another one of these "junior traditions" type posts. Which traditions, characters and the like are unique to the juniors that aren't currently or couldn't subsequently be seen in the other non leagues? Other than the Junior Cup, and I agree with bluebell1 above in that an all-in non league cup would be good to see, I've yet to hear any junior fan come up with a proper response.

You probably fail to get a proper response due to the air of superiority, casting those who enjoy Junior football as 'dinosaurs', or whatever term the trendy new brooms choose.

41 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Out of interest how are the cups available now in the EoS comparing? There's, what, five cups you can play in this season?

Hard to say lol. We got punted out of 2 of them early doors and are not eligible for one. You'd be better asking them that are still in them! 

You probably fail to get a proper response due to the air of superiority, casting those who enjoy Junior football as 'dinosaurs', or whatever term the trendy new brooms choose.
Well then here's your opportunity - What is it specifically that these people who enjoy Junior football like so much that can't be replicated in other, non-league football?

I also wouldn't ever call anyone who supports any football team at any level a dinosaur (Well, maybe a Celtic or Rangers* fan), but what is a little odd is thinking that floodlights, fixture lists, facilities such as cover/toilets/areas for the disabled etc are somehow frightening. Again, if you can enlighten me as to why that would be great.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well then here's your opportunity - What is it specifically that these people who enjoy Junior football like so much that can't be replicated in other, non-league football?

I also wouldn't ever call anyone who supports any football team at any level a dinosaur (Well, maybe a Celtic or Rangers* fan), but what is a little odd is thinking that floodlights, fixture lists, facilities such as cover/toilets/areas for the disabled etc are somehow frightening. Again, if you can enlighten me as to why that would be great.

Could be waiting a while on a response 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Despite the angry bottom feeder comment that " it could be a while", I am happy to tell you what I enjoy. For the benefit of the stupid, notice I said 'I ' so the response is personal to me.

I enjoy the fact that I am able to meet people who have watched a certain level of football for years and are knowledgeable about not only their team, but the history of the game at Junior level, I enjoy kick off times being pretty standardised ( with the  odd exception) rather than fannying with them as a sop to a handful of obsessed anoraks who'd watch two dogs with a beach ball as long as they could scribble feverishly in a notebook and watch four other sets of dogs the same day.

I enjoy the fact that Junior football lets people decide if a railed pitch and little else is adequate for them, as opposed to a fart in a suit dictating that lights, over-egged amounts of cover and plenty of other non- essentials are declared essential.

I enjoy the fact that the Junior game takes me to places it is unlikely I would visit otherwise. That may not be exclusive to the Junior game, but the 'greed is good' brigade will shed no tears over the smallest teams going to the wall, such is the desperation of the 'bigger' devotees of the brave new world.

I enjoy the fact that Junior football, so dismissed by so many is such an annoyance to those who have bought the hype and are so incensed that not everyone has bought into the vision so skilfully sold to them.

These any many other things are just a part of my enjoyment, aside from amusement at the abject failure of the dimwit fringe to grasp that I don't give a flying one what THEY like, I wouldn't dream of trying to persuade them otherwise. Clearly this respect is beyond some, but as is shown, quite a lot is beyond a few who have  signed up to the brave new world and would rather suffer years of decline than ever admit they are wrong. You pays your money, you makes your choice...they  really are...sorry, it really is THAT simple.

Feel free to disagree...that's the difference between opinion and fact...with the former you cannot be right or wrong.

Edited by froggie

m. I enjoy the fact that I am able to meet people who have watched a certain level of football for years and are knowledgeable about not only their team, but the history of the game at Junior level, I enjoy kick off times being pretty standardised ( with the  odd exception) rather than fannying with them as a sop to a handful of obsessed anoraks who'd watch two dogs with a beach ball as long as they could scribble feverishly in a notebook and watch four other sets of dogs the same day.

I enjoy the fact that Junior football lets people decide if a railed pitch and little else is adequate for them, as opposed to a fart in a suit dictating that lights, over-egged amounts of cover and plenty of other non- essentials are declared essential.

I enjoy the fact that the Junior game takes me to places it is unlikely I would visit otherwise. That may not be exclusive to the Junior game, but the 'greed is good' brigade will shed no tears over the smallest teams going to the wall, such is the desperation of the 'bigger' devotees of the brave new world.

Fucking hell, must have missed the 'no talking in league grounds' rule.

Groundhop Day covers 1 fixture, every other match has got a far more predictable KO time, at guess what, you actually know where your game will be taking place with a bit of notice.

You actually agree that there is no collective effort to improve standards is a good thing?

As for the last bit, what a load of absolute shite, it doesn't add up to any scrutiny, there is a wide variety of towns across Scotland represented in the senior game. And small clubs are far from happily chucked aside.

Tweedmouth, inverkeithing, welcomed.

Duns, Selkirk? Their demise gained very similar reaction to when the likes of steelend or ballingry went.

1 hour ago, froggie said:

Despite the angry bottom feeder comment that " it could be a while", I am happy to tell you what I enjoy. For the benefit of the stupid, notice I said 'I ' so the response is personal to me.

I enjoy the fact that I am able to meet people who have watched a certain level of football for years and are knowledgeable about not only their team, but the history of the game at Junior level, I enjoy kick off times being pretty standardised ( with the  odd exception) rather than fannying with them as a sop to a handful of obsessed anoraks who'd watch two dogs with a beach ball as long as they could scribble feverishly in a notebook and watch four other sets of dogs the same day.

I enjoy the fact that Junior football, so dismissed by so many is such an annoyance to those who have bought the hype and are so incensed that not everyone has bought into the vision so skilfully sold to them.

These any many other things are just a part of my enjoyment, aside from amusement at the abject failure of the dimwit fringe to grasp that I don't give a flying one what THEY like, I wouldn't dream of trying to persuade them otherwise. Clearly this respect is beyond some, but as is shown, quite a lot is beyond a few who have  signed up to the brave new world and would rather suffer years of decline than ever admit they are wrong. You pays your money, you makes your choice...they  really are...sorry, it really is THAT simple.

Feel free to disagree...that's the difference between opinion and fact...with the former you cannot be right or wrong.

Apart from the fact all of that is the same in the eosfl as a linlithgow fan pointed out Already 

Apart from the fact all of that is the same in the eosfl as a linlithgow fan pointed out Already 

I appreciate you replying, I really do but half of what you've said makes no sense (like people at other clubs knowing about the history of the Juniors - does a Linlithgow fan no longer understand this? Does a Burntisland fan being knowledgeable about a different league and sharing this with you not add to your own knowledge?), some of it sounds like typical anti EoS "propaganda" for want of a better word (Groundhop Day - one matchday per season - has different kick off times but at least fixtures are published well in advance and can be played at standard times summer AND winter due to floodlights) and some of it does send out the dinosaur vibes you were saying isn't a fair representation of the average Junior football fans views (disabled facilities, decent toilets and floodlights deemed non-essential despite opening the game up to many more supporters). At the end of the day, if those views are representative of large numbers of supporters (and I appreciate you said they were your own), then the Junior game is going to end up as a minor footnote in Scottish football. People will look at teams who have invested a little in facilities and who can say who their opponents are in the months to come and wonder if standing on a grass bank and pissing behind an old groundman's hut for a 2 p.m. kick off because floodlights aren't allowed really is the best way to watch a game. Anyway, thanks for replying all the same.

I enjoy kick off times being pretty standardised ( with the  odd exception) rather than fannying with them as a sop to a handful of obsessed anoraks who'd watch two dogs with a beach ball as long as they could scribble feverishly in a notebook and watch four other sets of dogs the same day.

In which leagues are the kick-off times on a Saturday not standardised? All Lowland League games are 3pm, all EOS games are 2:30pm (in winter without floodlight it's 2pm.) The odd exception you mention is five games on one weekend having their kick-off times changed (with the clubs' consent).

Floodlights aren't needed until you're playing at a national level. As you can see, Inverkeithing entered the EOS this season with literally just a railed pitch and a couple of portable dugouts, no cover required.

37707728_1867721303304184_50498067717748

If you're a Bonnyrigg fan you would never have visited Eyemouth before this season. You also have clubs a few miles away from each other, one senior and one ex-junior that can now play each other. Surely that's better for fans to have all the teams and location together in the same system?