Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

The SFA does not countenance the licensing of SJFA members. Had it done so the shambles in the East would not have happened.

Do you have any evidence to support that claim? And how do you reconcile it with the statuses of Banks o'Dee and Linlithgow Rose in the latest licensing update? https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3844/club-licensing-current-update-june-2018.pdf

Edited by Stag Nation
splng chck

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

You do realise that as soon as I saw the original quote, I started typing a reply.  Not sure what you're on about, you have just admitted you altered your post which contained my quote which had nothing to do with the comments you made. You're having an absolute nightmare here. 

Oh dear. Let me spell it out for you as simply as I can.

1. I posted a reply to burnieman and inadvertently included a quote of yours.

2. At 1758 I edited my reply to burnieman to remove the inadvertent quote.

3 At 1759 You replied to me. Your reply was a bit odd, but that was no great surprise.

4 You then got on your high horse and claimed I had altered the original post after your reply.

5 You were wrong. What a pity you don't have the balls to admit it.

6. The one having the 'mare is you. So up yourself that you think I would actually take the trouble to alter a post having read some unfathomable stuff from you.

7. I hope all that is simple enough for you to understand.

Over the years I have always followed junior football. Picking and choosing different games to go to each week. But after Kelty left to join the pyramid I started losing a bit of interest. The best team that year, had left to go to the East of Scotland. I started attending more Kelty games to see how they were going to get on. Every game I went to Kelty were very professional on and off the pitch and deserve to be in the lowland league. If Kelty never jumped ship first, would there be any club who would of moved over? Hats off to them for taking the risk, and it has definitely paid off!
Hopefully the West region can get something sorted out and be able to join the pyramid, as this is definitely the way forward.
All it takes is one big club to come out, and more will follow suit.

Junior football used to be great, and I loved every minute of it. But now it’s time to move with the times.

Good luck to all the teams who have moved over to the pyramid, it should be 3 exciting leagues!

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Do you have any evidence to support that claim? And how do you reconcile it with the statuses of Banks o'Dee and Linlithgow Rose in the latest licensing update? https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3844/club-licensing-current-update-june-2018.pdf

BoD and LR received their licences before the SFA picked up their ball and went home. Thereafter the SFA stated they would only issue licences to clubs committed to the pyramid.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

BoD and LR received their licences before the SFA picked up their ball and went home. Thereafter the SFA stated they would only issue licences to clubs committed to the pyramid.

After having grown tired of the SJFA's refusal to engage unless it was on their own terms, they quite rightly withdrew Licencing for those clubs who refused to join the football mainstream. 

Junior clubs entry into the Scottish is on borrowed time once the WoSFL is set-up.

8 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Which does not rule out Junior clubs, e.g. Clydebank.

Khufu, can I ask you to provide us with a rational post that highlights what you believe the strengths are to junior football and what you think are its benefits that outweigh the eosfl and LL. 

Because really this is what the whole thing boils down to, a factual concrete argument based on informed opinion either for or against the pyramid system. 

Instead of cracking wise comments (you are not the only one to be fair) or taking opposition with minor issues, maybe a clear and concise summation of how you have reached your stance would allow everyone, myself included, to understand your position better. To be honest, your posts until now (again your not alone in that) haven't given any clear indication of how you reached your stance. 

I'm pretty sure this would be better received, in terms of debate, which is what a forum is for, rather than one line responses aimed at annoying others (only my take though) which you appear to get kicks out of ;-) 

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

After having grown tired of the SJFA's refusal to engage unless it was on their own terms, they quite rightly withdrew Licencing for those clubs who refused to join the football mainstream. 

Junior clubs entry into the Scottish is on borrowed time once the WoSFL is set-up.

Licensing should be determined by the ability of a club to meet  administration, facility requirements.  Not a commitment to join any particular grouping of clubs.  

You might well be right that if a WoSFL is set up junior clubs will lose their entry into the Scottish.  It seems a bit harsh on the North champions (other than BoD) where nothing will have changed.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

Licensing should be determined by the ability of a club to meet  administration, facility requirements.  Not a commitment to join any particular grouping of clubs.  

You might well be right that if a WoSFL is set up junior clubs will lose their entry into the Scottish.  It seems a bit harsh on the North champions (other than BoD) where nothing will have changed.

Licencing should not be there to enable clubs to have their cake and eat it.   Join the football mainstream, join the SFA and their Licencing scheme, enjoy the benefits.

A NoSFL is also being looked at.

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

So did you quote a random quote then add a comment which had nothing to do with the quote then delete the said quote? :) Which I stated third comment on this page.

I deleted at 1758. You replied at 1759 and then got on your high horse, accusing me of removing the errant quote after you had replied. I removed it before you replied.

Your accusation was unfounded.  You got it wrong.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Licencing should not be there to enable clubs to have their cake and eat it.   Join the football mainstream, join the SFA and their Licencing scheme, enjoy the benefits.

A NoSFL is also being looked at.

Licensing should be there to ensure clubs meet the required standards of administration, provision of facilities as set down by the SFA. It should not be used as a stick with which to beat clubs into participating in leagues they have no interest in joining.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

Licensing should be there to ensure clubs meet the required standards of administration, provision of facilities as set down by the SFA. It should not be used as a stick with which to beat clubs into participating in leagues they have no interest in joining.

Then the SJFA could adopt something similar to ensure it's own members were upto scratch if they were that concerned about standards, except the SJFA dont actually care about all that really, they dont even force clubs to have habitable toilets. 

They just want into the Scottish Cup, and that's fine, if they had engaged with the SFA positively on the Pyramid but they still dont.  It's astoundining that there are those out there that think they have the right to tell the SFA to piss off with their Pyramid, but please can we get Licenced so we can get in the Scottish please.

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

My initial post was correct and you're failure to admit it shows how much of a james hunt you've made of yourself

Your initial post was nonsense because it was posted after I had edited mine. These things happen - anyone with any modicum of intelligence would know these things happen.

And your post where you mounted your high horse and accused me of changing my post in response to yours was wrong.

I still don't understand why you are still flogging this dead horse.

Give it a rest. You are just making a fool of yourself.

Edited by Khufu2

I give up trying to ask you to engage in some form of meaningful discussion. You appear helbent on making random posts, aimed at being obtuse, for a reason that is clearly to try and undermine any form of reasonable conversation, for your own kicks. 

I wish you luck in your quest, enjoy. 

28 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Licencing should not be there to enable clubs to have their cake and eat it. 

Indeed. The purpose of licensing should be to ensure standards.  Nothing else.  Clubs which choose to be members of the SJFA, because they have no interest in playing in a pyramid, should be able to be licensed if they meet those standards too. Licensing should be divorced from any requirement to participate in a flawed pyramid. 

35 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Licensing enables clubs to become a full SFA member, a bit silly to hand out a licence to a club that doesn't play in the SFA's system.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Licensing enables clubs to become a full SFA member, a bit silly to hand out a licence to a club that doesn't play in the SFA's system.

The SJFA is part of the SFA and is based at Hampden. The SFA handles player registration and referee appointments for junior football. Pretending they are rival organisations is beserk.

5 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Indeed. The purpose of licensing should be to ensure standards.  Nothing else.  Clubs which choose to be members of the SJFA, because they have no interest in playing in a pyramid, should be able to be licensed if they meet those standards too. Licensing should be divorced from any requirement to participate in a flawed pyramid. 

Standards to become or remain full SFA members.   The SJFA are free to copy them or bring in their own.

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

How does Glasgow Uni participate in the SFA system?