Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

Harthill Royal’s ground is in West Lothian so you can’t include them as a North Lanarkshire team. 

So only 11 council areas playing Junior.

14 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Harthill Royal’s ground is in West Lothian so you can’t include them as a North Lanarkshire team. 

So only 11 council areas playing Junior.

Yeah - it's in Greenrigg - I've crossed the "border" a few times as some of my family live in Harthill and some in Whitburn.  With the list, I've tried as much as possible to list the location of the club as the town it is meant to represent (hence why BSC Glasgow is in Glasgow and not Alloa).  So, yes, correct, Harthill's ground is in West Lothian, although Harthill, the town it represents, is in North Lanarkshire.

There's a lot of amateur teams as well play "cross-border" from the town they represent (many teams around Glasgow play in Glasgow for convenience).  Isle of Arran FC play in Kilwinning, but the club is based in Brodick.  Within the same council area, there are some teams who don't play in the original area they were named after (Dunipace don't play in Dunipace, but in Denny - Blairgowrie don't play in Blairgowrie, but in Rattray).

Edited by mcruic

1 hour ago, mcruic said:

Yeah - it's in Greenrigg - I've crossed the "border" a few times as some of my family live in Harthill and some in Whitburn.  With the list, I've tried as much as possible to list the location of the club as the town it is meant to represent (hence why BSC Glasgow is in Glasgow and not Alloa).  So, yes, correct, Harthill's ground is in West Lothian, although Harthill, the town it represents, is in North Lanarkshire.

There's a lot of amateur teams as well play "cross-border" from the town they represent (many teams around Glasgow play in Glasgow for convenience).  Isle of Arran FC play in Kilwinning, but the club is based in Brodick.  Within the same council area, there are some teams who don't play in the original area they were named after (Dunipace don't play in Dunipace, but in Denny - Blairgowrie don't play in Blairgowrie, but in Rattray).

Well if you're doing it that way you should have 3 senior clubs in East Renfrewshire - Neilston, Arthurlie and St Cadocs.

7 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Well if you're doing it that way you should have 3 senior clubs in East Renfrewshire - Neilston, Arthurlie and St Cadocs.

Thanks - updated!

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Are St Cadoc's not playing at Ants though?

Yes, same as Harthill play in Greenrigg and BSC play in Alloa. 

But this list is apparently not based on ground location but spiritual home so I was pointing out to be consistent on that basis St Cadocs should be listed as East Renfrewshire.

On 6 July 2020 at 03:39, Myles Offside said:

"The problem is that when the pyramid was started, the juniors weren't involved."

Entirely at their own choice.

The West Junior delegates were fed lies by the SJWR redneck leadership.

The important thing is to move on.  At a certain point in time, people were (and still are) unsure of the pyramid, for various reasons.  It doesn't matter now.  Once more clubs join, word will get around that it's not the Black Lagoon.

There is at least one new Junior for 2020-21. As Rothie Rovers have been accepted to the NRSJFA subject to SJFA approval. Looks like the SJFA AGM is on the 23rd July. Which will be an indicator on what they expect the 2020-21 season to look like.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Has there been any word on setups for next season?  Or will this be decided at the SJFA AGM?

North seems to be 14-9-10 (with Rothie Rovers coming in)

East will be divided into North and South.

17 clubs in the North lends itself to a 9-8 division, but what about the South, with only 13 clubs - 2 divisions of 7 and 6, or a single division of 13?

No possibility of any teams joining the East Region for next season?

Edited by mcruic

13 minutes ago, mcruic said:

Has there been any word on setups for next season?  Or will this be decided at the SJFA AGM?

17 clubs in the North lends itself to a 9-8 division, but what about the South, with only 13 clubs - 2 divisions of 7 and 6, or a single division of 13?

East will be 2 single divisions: 17 in the north, 13 in the south.

17 minutes ago, mcruic said:

14-9-10

17-13

Are what's expected. No rumours of anyone coming into the East Region. I imagine there would have been some gossip filtered through by now since there was plenty of advance noticed of Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Sauchie & Syngenta last year. At least they're not losing Syngenta and Livingston United as was feared.

Still haven't heard where Syngenta are due to play this year though? Unless its been confirmed Grangemouth Stadium is permanent.

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

East will be 2 single divisions: 17 in the north, 13 in the south.

Going to be quite a spread - Lochee United v Forfar Albion, Whitburn v West Calder United, etc. seem like huge mismatches.    32-match season is quite a lot at junior level as well.

Edited by mcruic

Just now, mcruic said:

Going to be quite a spread - Lochee United v Forfar Albion, Whitburn v West Calder United, etc. seem like huge mismatches.

Yep, but I do prefer this over 17 teams divided over 2 divisions tbh, at least this is a bit more varied. There are bound to be a number of thumpings though. Hopefully some of the smaller clubs will be able to improve themselves through playing better opposition.

It's a shame that Tayside seems to be seen as a "problem" for travel, even by teams in the East Juniors.  There has to be a sensible way to include Tayside teams in the Pyramid that doesn't involve throwing them in below the Highland League.  I'd quite like to see the EoS League regionalise at Tier 7 into Tayside/Fife and Lothian/Borders.  Fife clubs don't seem to mind travelling to the Borders, so surely wouldn't object to travelling to Tayside...

38 minutes ago, mcruic said:

It's a shame that Tayside seems to be seen as a "problem" for travel, even by teams in the East Juniors.  There has to be a sensible way to include Tayside teams in the Pyramid that doesn't involve throwing them in below the Highland League.  I'd quite like to see the EoS League regionalise at Tier 7 into Tayside/Fife and Lothian/Borders.  Fife clubs don't seem to mind travelling to the Borders, so surely wouldn't object to travelling to Tayside...

If you had a choice of going to the Borders or Tayside, why chose Tayside.:unsure2:

11 minutes ago, gogsy said:

If you had a choice of going to the Borders or Tayside, why chose Tayside.:unsure2:

That's kind of what the last of the Fife Juniors did (Tayport don't seem to count).

With the majority of Fife semi-pro teams based in the South of Fife, i'm not convinced the "Midland League" that gets talked about would be very popular with them.