Jump to content

Junior football, what is the future?


Burnie_man

Recommended Posts

The Juniors gave me my first look at non league Scotland, brilliant clubs, tired grounds and great passionate fans. Now we have Senior , the remaining juniors, and the Amateurs below, unless I'm wrong. Just enjoy your football at whatever level, before your playing and watching days come to an end. Got the impression that the juniors were in a state towards the end ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The Juniors gave me my first look at non league Scotland, brilliant clubs, tired grounds and great passionate fans. Now we have Senior , the remaining juniors, and the Amateurs below, unless I'm wrong. Just enjoy your football at whatever level, before your playing and watching days come to an end. Got the impression that the juniors were in a state towards the end ?

Juniors are gone now. The old West region is now the WoSFL, most of the East region apart from a handful of clubs in West Lothian (who chose not to switch) and those north of the Tay (who couldn't switch) joined the EoSFL a coupla of years back. The previous Lothian outcasts have now joined the EoSFL and WoSFL and the Tayside clubs have created the Midland league. The North Juniors are now tacking on under the Highland League. Junior football is dead now apart from the cup which is an opt in competition that looks like it wont last in any case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 01/06/2021 at 11:20, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Juniors are gone now. The old West region is now the WoSFL, most of the East region apart from a handful of clubs in West Lothian (who chose not to switch) and those north of the Tay (who couldn't switch) joined the EoSFL a coupla of years back. The previous Lothian outcasts have now joined the EoSFL and WoSFL and the Tayside clubs have created the Midland league. The North Juniors are now tacking on under the Highland League. Junior football is dead now apart from the cup which is an opt in competition that looks like it wont last in any case

It is understood that the 3 new north pyramid leagues, The (ex) North Junior,  the North Caledonian ,  and the (former) East Junior Leagues, have reached agreement regarding rule changes required, including promotion to, and relegation from, the Highland League.

Apparently, these 3 leagues require formal ratification of their Tier 6 Pyramid status, below the Highland League, by the SFA, after these changes have been approved at their individual league AGMs. The North Caley AGM is being held on 10th June.  Have dates been announced for the AGMs, of the other 2 proposed senior leagues (as I may have missed them) ?  If so, when are they being held ?

Edited by Robert James
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Robert James said:

 

Apparently, these 3 leagues require formal ratification of their Tier 6 Pyramid status, below the Highland League, by the SFA, after these changes have been approved at their individual league AGMs. The North Caley AGM is being held on 10th June.  Have dates been announced for the AGMs, of the other 2 proposed senior leagues (as I may have missed them) ?  If so, when are they being held ?

Scottish AGM Monday 21st June & North Region Sunday 27th June Not sure of Midlands. Didnt realise that these Leagues were turning Senior? My understanding is that they are remaining Junior for the time being anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

Scottish AGM Monday 21st June & North Region Sunday 27th June Not sure of Midlands. Didnt realise that these Leagues were turning Senior? My understanding is that they are remaining Junior for the time being anyway?

The North Caledonian League is being joined by the North Juniors, and the Midlands League (TBC) in a promotion play-off, with the winners then playing the bottom team in the Highland League. Subject to those clubs being licensed of course. 

So they will become part of the senior pyramid, and effectively be "senior" - there will not be much difference to other tier 6 leagues, except these two will be controlled by the SJFA and only contain SJFA members. Though that could change if say Turriff United finished bottom and were relegated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tellyboy said:

Scottish AGM Monday 21st June & North Region Sunday 27th June Not sure of Midlands. Didnt realise that these Leagues were turning Senior? My understanding is that they are remaining Junior for the time being anyway?

I've no problem with these clubs retaining SJFA membership, as it is a good compromise, in order to get the Pyramid up and running for all three leagues in the north.

It will however be interesting to see how long this junior/senior 'overlap' lasts, after (say) 5 years of promotions & relegations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see how the clubs cope with the new tier 6 leagues, whether they would need ground upgrades in the future - how many want/need/have to get licensed. Could be a cost too far, maybe, with the jump into senior football. Good to get a solid pyramid under the HFL  at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/06/2021 at 20:29, Andy groundhopper said:

Be interesting to see how the clubs cope with the new tier 6 leagues, whether they would need ground upgrades in the future - how many want/need/have to get licensed. Could be a cost too far, maybe, with the jump into senior football. Good to get a solid pyramid under the HFL  at least.

The granting of Tier 6 (when confirmed) will encourage some ambitious clubs in all 3 leagues in the Highland Pyramid, to start planning for an SFA licence. 

Expect the current number of licensed clubs  (1 in North Juniors, 1 in NCL, and 0 in Midland Juniors), to at least double within the next 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 14:33, tellyboy said:

Scottish AGM Monday 21st June & North Region Sunday 27th June Not sure of Midlands. Didnt realise that these Leagues were turning Senior? My understanding is that they are remaining Junior for the time being anyway?

Following its' AGM, has the North Region (divisional) Structure been published for 2021/22. 

I  understand from another post on here, that 2 North clubs have gone into abeyance for 2021/22.   Is this correct ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Following its' AGM, has the North Region (divisional) Structure been published for 2021/22. 
I  understand from another post on here, that 2 North clubs have gone into abeyance for 2021/22.   Is this correct ?  
Buckie Rovers and Spey Valley are the two teams sitting out this season
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, pollokfan1987 said:
23 hours ago, Robert James said:
Following its' AGM, has the North Region (divisional) Structure been published for 2021/22. 
I  understand from another post on here, that 2 North clubs have gone into abeyance for 2021/22.   Is this correct ?  

Buckie Rovers and Spey Valley are the two teams sitting out this season

Thanks.

22 hours ago, pollokfan1987 said:
23 hours ago, Robert James said:
Following its' AGM, has the North Region (divisional) Structure been published for 2021/22. 
I  understand from another post on here, that 2 North clubs have gone into abeyance for 2021/22.   Is this correct ?  

Buckie Rovers and Spey Valley are the two teams sitting out this season

Has the divisional  breakdown of clubs, been published ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has the divisional  breakdown of clubs, been published ?
All remaining East Teams left are in the Midlands League while the North Junior Clubs are still the same as they where when league was Nil and voided so teams in the Superleague North are Tier 6 along with the North Caledonian League and Midlands League while North Division 1 is Tier 7 and North Division 2 is Tier 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/06/2021 at 23:19, pollokfan1987 said:
On 29/06/2021 at 23:09, Robert James said:
Has the divisional  breakdown of clubs, been published ?

All remaining East Teams left are in the Midlands League while the North Junior Clubs are still the same as they where when league was Nil and voided so teams in the Superleague North are Tier 6 along with the North Caledonian League and Midlands League while North Division 1 is Tier 7 and North Division 2 is Tier 8

Which clubs will be playing in North (ex) Junior league at Tiers 7 & 8, for 2021/22 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, superbigal said:
On 01/07/2021 at 00:05, Robert James said:
Which clubs will be playing in North (ex) Junior league at Tiers 7 & 8, for 2021/22 ?

The fixtures have been published so go and take a look.

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

Quote

Combined discussion on Highland League, Midlands League, North Caledonian League and Grampian League. If post levels get to decent numbers we'll provide specific sub forums for each league.

Quote above is the blurb for the new P&B Highland Pyramid Forum.

Has the North Region Junior League now been officially renamed the Grampian League?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Combined discussion on Highland League, Midlands League, North Caledonian League and Grampian League. If post levels get to decent numbers we'll provide specific sub forums for each league.
Quote above is the blurb for the new P&B Highland Pyramid Forum.
Has the North Region Junior League now been officially renamed the Grampian League?
I think the North Region of the juniors have just kept there name
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, tweet a short while ago by the SJFA's Alex McDowall

This is a move that I and numerous others were advocating 5 or more years ago, before the arrogance and control freakery of Tom Johnstone and his fellow dinosaurs began the dismantling of the  SJFA. Has it been left too late?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...