Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

20 hours ago, lowenan said:

From their twitter:

This morning, like all other clubs in the old West Region, we were invited to retain membership of the SJFA. We decided against it. This is a new beginning for us and while that means we won't be eligible to enter the Scottish Junior Cup, we're comfortable with our decision.

Any more  announcements?

52 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Junior football with the clubs, cup, history is brilliant. Maybe people would have been happier if,say, just the top 2 every season went up a level to the seniors - would it be possible for those amateur leagues below to become the new juniors Inthe future ? I don't know. Be nice if clubs and fans shared the same ambitions but I guess they never will. 

It's been like herding cats as it is without involving the amateur circus. I'd leave WoS & EoS bottom tier open to application.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Junior football with the clubs, cup, history is brilliant. Maybe people would have been happier if,say, just the top 2 every season went up a level to the seniors - would it be possible for those amateur leagues below to become the new juniors Inthe future ? I don't know. Be nice if clubs and fans shared the same ambitions but I guess they never will. 

A significant number of amateur teams don't play in a recognisable ground. That will limit progress unless they can groundshare. See Edinburgh South and St. Cadoc's, not sure on Drumchapel Utd. Junior football serves no purpose any more. Nothing it does is unique. The bulk of its big clubs have gone. It is extinct in significant parts of the country. Time to move on to a more united semi pro game. If there is to be a closing of the gap between amateurs and the semi pro game (what the SFA sees as recreational vs. non recreational football) then a bit of thinking needs to be done as the SFA wants infrastructure standards to rise, not fall.

Edited by cmontheloknow

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's been like herding cats as it is without involving the amateur circus. I'd leave WoS & EoS bottom tier open to application.

At the moment the gap between Amateurs and Seniors is too wide to bridge without using a former Junior ground. Drumchapel, St Cadoc’s and Edinburgh South are all ground-sharing. The answer may be in forming a new West of Scotland Amateur League and East of Scotland Amateur League which caters for the best of the Amateurs and those with ambition. Say 10 or 12 clubs in each league.

5 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

What are you on about now? 

Oh it's obvious!  

His own horrible little club would love an easier path to get into this bland lowland league.

He'd love nothing better than the likes of Auchinleck, Pollok, Beith,  Glenafton etc to disappear as if about ten clubs don't his club are playing junior clubs in the west of scotland for at least the next 5 - 10 years. 

Like everything with that club they want everything for next to nothing or free the new ground being prime example. 

Oh it's obvious!  
His own horrible little club would love an easier path to get into this bland lowland league.
He'd love nothing better than the likes of Auchinleck, Pollok, Beith,  Glenafton etc to disappear as if about ten clubs don't his club are playing junior clubs in the west of scotland for at least the next 5 - 10 years. 
Like everything with that club they want everything for next to nothing or free the new ground being prime example. 

The only thing rent free is Clydebank in your bitter little head.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye nae bother Helen Lovejoy.

I had to google who that is. I thought you'd got Helen Chamberlain and Tim Lovejoy off Soccer AM mixed up.

Are you honestly using The Simpsons as a reference point?

Edited by jimbaxters

I had to google who that is. I thought you'd got Helen Chamberlain and Tim Lovejoy off Soccer AM mixed up.
Are you honestly using The Simpsons as a reference point?

Is someone with a username from the Simpsons using the Simpsons as a reference point? Erm aye mate. Its kinda relevant with Killylovejoys ‘Wont someone think of the fans’ patter.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is someone with a username from the Simpsons using the Simpsons as a reference point? Erm aye mate. Its kinda relevant with Killylovejoys ‘Wont someone think of the fans’ patter.

Forgive me, I didn't know your username was from The Simpsons...mainly because I'm a grown man.

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Not following, are these club statements a public display of commitment towards to the WOSFL? Needless tribalism imo 

Junior football has been like that for years.

19 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Not following, are these club statements a public display of commitment towards to the WOSFL? Needless tribalism imo 

Just seems to be informing their fans and others, that they will no longer be participating in the Junior Cup. Which is probably a question that a lot of fans would of had during this time of change.

31 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Probably informing their fans of their decision, you know, communicating. Wasn't that what you were bleating about?