Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

22 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

If say Carnoustie applied, would they get in?

What's more pertinent is that AFAIR a couple of years back Carnoustie talked about being in limbo in pyramid terms because they couldn't apply to the EoS and Larry Duncan seems to also emphasise the idea that there was a Tayside has to go north posture from the EoS during meetings in the podcast posted above. 

The reason the EoS might be keen for Luncarty not to be viewed as a precedent breaking away from previous practice is that it would be very difficult to justify a tier 8 entry point if most Tayside clubs had previously been blocked because of the Tay bridge boundary and Brechin City were suddenly able to get that boundary shifted.

Larry Duncan's talk of there being a need for a Midlands League covering Dundee, Angus, Perthshire and parts of Fife is all about Lochee United getting into a new fourth LL feeder at tier 6 instead.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I was curious to see if the Rothie Rovers application was still definitely happening as can't remember when that first popped up. This article is from March after the lockdown started. Looking good for one new junior next season.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/local-sport/rovers-use-down-time-to-build-for-next-term/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

If say Carnoustie applied, would they get in?

If Carnoustie or any other team in Scotland apply their application will go to a vote of the clubs at an EGM next year. 

Absolutely nothing to do with Luncarty. 

45 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

If Carnoustie or any other team in Scotland apply their application will go to a vote of the clubs at an EGM next year. 

Absolutely nothing to do with Luncarty. 

Ok I will rephrase.

EOS Prem winner goes into the LL playoff. If Carnoustie won the EOS Prem they would not go into LL due to being north of LL/HL boundary. EoS has no pro/rel arrangement with Highland and that is where Carnoustie would have to go under present circumstances. How could a club from significantly North of the boundary be admitted without that being addressed. I will ignore Luncarty as at least the village itself has one half south of the boundary.

So any team from north of the boundary entering the EoS would do so knowing they could go no higher than tier 6. As it stands.

That seems to be a bit more of an issue than something the present members can contemplate resolving.

Edited by cmontheloknow

At least one Tayside club has enquired with the EOS and got told they're outwith the area. I don't think the EOS want Tayside teams. A Midland league sounds decent to me.

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ok I will rephrase.

EOS Prem winner goes into the LL playoff. If Carnoustie won the EOS Prem they would not go into LL due to being north of LL/HL boundary. EoS has no pro/rel arrangement with Highland and that is where Carnoustie would have to go under present circumstances. How could a club from significantly North of the boundary be admitted without that being addressed. I will ignore Luncarty as at least the village itself has one half south of the boundary.

So any team from north of the boundary entering the EoS would do so knowing they could go no higher than tier 6. As it stands.

That seems to be a bitr more of an issue than something the present members can contemplate resolving.

The information I was given was that the line only applies to relegation from the HL/LL and not promotion to it. As I've said before I was told that the EOS said Orkney could apply if they wanted to. 

Plus the SPFL are apparently looking at doing away with the line rather than moving it. Although with all the nonsense going on in the SPFL just now who knows what's going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

At least one Tayside club has enquired with the EOS and got told they're outwith the area. I don't think the EOS want Tayside teams. A Midland league sounds decent to me.

It was rumoured that Carnoustie were that Tayside team. However if the EOS said at last weeks EGM that Tayside teams or elsewhere in Scotland can apply and that it will be up to the clubs then to decide then that suggests that the EOS have no issues with Tayside teams joining. 

However the clubs might say different. 

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

If it feeds into the Highland League and represents an area between Dundee and Aberdeen inclusive then yes, absolutely.

11 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

It was rumoured that Carnoustie were that Tayside team. However if the EOS said at last weeks EGM that Tayside teams or elsewhere in Scotland can apply and that it will be up to the clubs then to decide then that suggests that the EOS have no issues with Tayside teams joining. 

However the clubs might say different. 

October 2018 the EoS were advocating for a Tayside league.

image.thumb.png.9fa33b7161d484ad4f2c6e33fef20233.png

42 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ok I will rephrase.

EOS Prem winner goes into the LL playoff. If Carnoustie won the EOS Prem they would not go into LL due to being north of LL/HL boundary...

There is nothing in the LL constitution that specifies that. The only rule that exists covers what happens when club 42 gets relegated and only that. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

With  the various league boundaries etc,and clubs being out on a limb away from the big cities - is it the league's or the clubs who don't seem keen on allowing everybody into a set up ?  Once you get into the H.L / Lowland etc shouldn't these boundaries be relaxed  a little ? as these are  serious, senior leagues.

Guest chavez
5 hours ago, patriot1 said:

There is no Luncarty precedent. The EOS have stated that they will accept applications from any club in Scotland and it will be up to the clubs whether to accept them. There was never an issue with the location of the Luncarty ground as far as the EOS board were concerned. It was just posters on here who got into a detailed debate about it. 

That is nonsense. The EOS have consistently mentioned the boundary which has hampered any proper dialogue about the East Region Juniors as a collective. Look at the EOS policies and their stated catchment area does not cover Tayside and Angus.

"The Mission Statement for The East of Scotland Football League is "To Develop, 
Foster, Co-Ordinate and Sustain Association Football at Club and League level 
throughout Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire".

Edited by chavez

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There is nothing in the LL constitution that specifies that. The only rule that exists covers what happens when club 42 gets relegated and only that. 

I know that - I am just applying common sense and any other line of thinking is lunacy. You cannot come in at the top from the 'wrong' region so why on earth should you be able to come in at the bottom like that?

Edited by cmontheloknow

15 minutes ago, chavez said:

That is nonsense. The EOS have consistently mentioned the boundary which has hampered any proper dialogue about the East Region Juniors as a collective. Look at the EOS policies and their stated catchment area does not cover Tayside and Angus.

"The Mission Statement for The East of Scotland Football League is "To Develop, 
Foster, Co-Ordinate and Sustain Association Football at Club and League level 
throughout Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire".

Well whatever has happened in the past they have now said that they will accept applications from teams in Tayside and put them to the clubs. 

15 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I know that - I am just applying common sense and any other line of thinking is lunacy. You cannot come in at the top from the 'wrong' region so why on earth should you be able to come in at the bottom like that?

Luncarty are the precedent that the HL:LL boundary rule is not being rigidly applied throughout the pyramid. According to patriot1 Orkney FC were cited at the recent EoS EGM as an example of a club that could apply to the EoS and be put to a members vote. The playoff rules for entry into the LL from below make no mention of a geographical limit and the winner gets promoted.

21 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Whitburn management team resigned tonight.

Yeah they've gone and not heard what for yet,but wouldn't be surprised if its because of a lack of ambition by the Whitburn committee.

Plus playing in a next to meaningless west lothian league.

Guest chavez
1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

Well whatever has happened in the past they have now said that they will accept applications from teams in Tayside and put them to the clubs. 

That's ok now but this has been THE major hurdle to any constructive movement for the last two seasons. It's led to entrenched positions and bitterness which has helped nobody but will for many be difficult to overcome.